United Auto Credit Corp. / Scam and harassment
I purchased a mini van while trying to reestablish my credit. We were so excited to get approved for the purchase.(At a whopping 24.9% interest rate) I received the call from UACC regarding the purchase and he told me that there was no grace period. I agreed and the relationship began. The first month that my payment was due I received a call about 6 days prior to the due date reminding me that the payment was due. OK well just a procedure no problem. After all they lend to people trying to rebuild credit. I can understand that.
after a few months went by I was still receiving calls days before the payment was due. After making 16 payments to this company and not being late with one of them I had one month where the money fell a little short. No big deal I will pay the ten dollar late fee and we will continue from there. NOPE! The day that my payment was due, I get a phone call from UACC that I had missed but as soon I listened to the voice mail I returned the call. After all what could happen I was not even late yet.
I explained and apologized to the lady that my payment was going to be a few days and when I say a few days I mean 3, late. She began grilling me with personal questions such as, why don't you have the money, what did you spend your money on. Questions that I didn't feel were any of her business, so that is what I told her. She got very defensive and wanted to know why I didn't feel it was her business and told me that she would enter that as my response into the computer and that they would not accept a late payment. WHAT???
I have been sending this company a check for about a year and a half and this is the thanks that I get for being a faithful borrower. She then hung up on me. I called back and asked to speak to someone in charge. A man gets on the phone and I explain the situation to him. He is about as helpful and courteous as the lady was. I explained to him that I would put a check in the mail and that It would be to him by Friday. He would not accept that. He basically forced me to agree to call them on Friday and do a check over the phone for a fee of $15. So on top of paying the ten dollar late fee I have to pay them 15 more dollars for three stinking days. I at that point hated this company.
I do not recommend this company to any person looking to buy their first vehicle or any vehicle. This company is heartless, ruthless and overly aggressive. They lack compassion and business ethics when it comes to dealing with their borrowers.
More United Auto Credit Corp. Complaints & Reviews
- United Auto Credit Corporation - Lies and failed to return promised phone calls! 
- UACC - United Auto Credit Corporation - It has been total hell! 
- United Auto Credit - Breach of agreement 
- United Auto Credit - Possible Illeagal Repo 
- United Auto Credit Corp. (FYI:Parent Company-United PanAm Financial Corp) - Unethical practice/link to parent company of United Auto 
- United Auto Credit Corporation [UACC] - violation of fdpca
- United Auto Credit Corporation [UACC] - Extremely Rude and Unprofessional
- United Auto Credit Corporation - Unprofessional / unethical lending 
- United Auto Credit - saying i owe more monies 
- United Auto Credit - lack of communication