Unified Services / Unified services is a SCAM!

Somehow a company called Unified Services had my name, address and phone number. They called me last night telling me that i had won a $1000.00 shopping spree and a vacation. He kept asking me for my checking account number because i had to pay 1.95 shipping and handling. i was suspicious so i told him i didn't have a checking account. He asked me if a family member did and i said no. Although i told him a had no checking account he kept trying to talk me into giving him my account number. Eventually he realized that he would not get anything from me and he hung up (Nick #2709) They called my mother too but she said she is not interested and hung up on them. I looked them up on better business bureau and saw that they were making unauthorized charges to peoples account for not 1.95, but for $140.80. Scam!!

Comments

• Mi
      23rd of Aug, 2007

Courtney,

We noticed your entry on https://www.complaintsboard.com.

Our company offers a free 3 day 2 night hotel stay and a complimentary Internet shopping spree. Additionally, we offer 10-day trials for three other services; long distance, internet and a weight loss supplement, which are also available to our customers.

Our trial offers are of exceptional quality and value. Our long distance program; Call USA is a calling card that can be used from any touchtone telephone. We offer unlimited calling anywhere in the United States and International calling to over 70 countries. Our service is a one-of-a-kind and is offered for only $23.97 a month.

The 2nd program we offer is for Internet service. Online Advantage offers unlimited high-speed dial-up Internet access to over 10,000 locations nationwide (great for traveling). We have one of the most competitive prices on the market at only $17.99 a month with no contract, so you can cancel when you like.

Our last program is for a dietary weight loss supplement called Ultra Thermo Boost 2000. Our product contains the safe natural weight loss ingredient, Hoodia. Our trial includes 20 pills which is a 10-day supply, absolutely free.

Each of our orders are recorded by a third-party verification company. We verify that each order is valid and that the customer did in fact agree to each trial. Additionally, when our customers agree to the trials, they are provided with each of the customer service numbers with which to cancel should they choose to do so before the end of their 10-day trial as not to be charged.

The only reason why a customer would have been debited is because they failed to cancel in the allotted trial time period.

Our customer service center is open from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time. Over 90% of our calls are answered in less than 4 minutes. Our company prides itself in our excellent customer service.

If you have any questions or comments feel free to contact customer service.

Sincerely,