Unicel / I am so furious, I hate this company

On May 1st I mailed a money order to Unicel 's PO Box address for payments from Madison, Wisconsin for $40.00. The money order came from Wal-Mart and instead of a carbon copy of the money order they give you this dinky little piece of paper that you rip from the right side of the money order to keep for your records. I did this and kept it (thank God). Around May 25th, Unicel sent me a rather snarky text telling me to call them and the next day a bill saying I owed $88.00 (which included my next month and the PREVIOUS month which I had just paid). I called their financial services department and got some foreign lady who spoke barely six words of English. From what I gathered, she said I had to fax the front and back of the little receipt for the money order. I said I would and actually bought the receipt to the local office and they photo copied it and faxed it for me (since I didn't want to pay more $$$ to Unicel at this point). Well two or three days go by, I'm now in Madison, Wisconsin again when the Unicel office is in Duluth, Minnesota. My phone gets shut off without any warning and then the beast in financial services who doesn't speak English told some customer service rep to tell me that "she said she called you yesterday" and that instead of the receipt I provided I had to get a photocopy of the money order to prove what account they (UNICEL) put it on.

I am about ready to not pay anything else, write to the BBB, and get rid of this contract and go to prepaid service with another provider. I have to pay $24.00 total to do a 'money gram money order search' and then find somewhere to fax this paper to Unicel and the entire time - MY PHONE IS OFF! Or I can repay the $40.00 I've already paid.

I am so furious, I hate this company!

Ju

More Unicel Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Al
      3rd of Aug, 2009
    Unicel - Awful service
    Unicel
    unicel.com

We just recently moved a few miles down the road, and neither of us have any service from Unicel in our new location. Yet Unicel refuses to let us out of the contract without the fee which is 200 per contract (even though they assured us instore when I signed on to the family plan with my husband that it was under the one account and thus there would only be one fee).