Ultimate DVD Shop / Scam artists!

United States Review updated:
4.8

What else can I say but... I got scammed from this company! This company, somehow, is "slipping through the cracks" on frauding Americans! I ordered a DVD set September 13, 2007, and when I finally received the package on November 8, 2007, instead of the DVD's, there were magazines used as a "filler"!! I singed for the package and opened it in front of my mailman, and he laughed and said "You just got scammed!!!" I used the "live-chat" they offer and I'm still not really sure if they even work for the Ultimate DVD shop. I even tried the phone number, and no one ever called me back! What I was told, was that I will be refunded my money in 6-12 days, but NOT including the shipping. So, I guess this is how they make their money... off of shipping costs!! If you're reading this... please use this as a warning... DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!! This has been nothing but a headache, and I'm still not sure if I'll ever see my money again!!!

Comments

De
  13th of Sep, 2007

Ultimate DVD Shop - Lack of delivery!

I order a television series the complete seasons and spent $179.00. I have not received my product either. I have tried to call and no answer, I have also e-mailed them and have gotten no answer in return... They are a rip off...
Ch
  12th of Nov, 2007

Ultimate DVD Shop - Merchandise not received!
Ultimate Dvd
www.ultimatedvdshop.com

I ordered the complete series of Laredo on DVD 10/21/07. Was promised merchandise in 7-14 days. Unable to get a response by phone and emails are returned undeliverable. They had no problem debiting my account the next day after the order was placed. I expect my merchandise or my money back.
Ja
  19th of Nov, 2007
Ultimate DVD shop ripped me off for $168!!! I don't know what to do!
Le
  25th of Nov, 2007
I got ripped off the same way as the fellow above. DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE. Also, be careful of anyone selling the "complete 116 shows" by anyone. There are 3 other scammers that I know of. I see Amazon took them off their site. Must have been lots of complaints.
Ni
  4th of Dec, 2007
The Better Business Bureau has this information listed for Ultimate DVD Shop

1671 Aventura Street
Miami,
FL 33095
(187) 778-7469

They're BBB registration number is 92005208 and they registered on 11/13/2007. The phone # does not work. Complain to the BBB.
Do
  4th of Dec, 2007
Don't confirm orders; don't return calls. Provides nothing. Site needs to be shut down.
Ge
  6th of Dec, 2007
I READ YOUR REPORT. I WAS ALSO A VICTIM OF THIS WEBSITE, I ASKED THEM DIRECTLY FOR ANSWERS TO A PURCHASE I MADE, AND NEVER RECEIVED. THEY SAID THEY WERE NOT AWARE OF ANY POSTED COMPLAINTS FROM PAST CUSTOMERS. THEY ALSO SAID IF YOU DON'T WANT TO ORDER FROM THEM, THEN YOU DON'T NEED TO. I HAD TO SEND A DETAIL REPORT TO MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY, TO GET A CREDIT/REFUND. I RECOMMEND TO OTHERS TO DO THE SAME THING, AND KEEP POSTING COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS WEBSITE- ULTIMATEDVDSHOP. I HOPE MY ADVICE CAN HELP YOU AND OTHERS. I RECOMMEND MAKING PURCHASES FROM OTHER EBAY SELLERS WITH GOOD FEEDBACK SCORES, WALMART, BEST BUY, CIRCUIT CITY.

GEORGE F. GREEN- ggreen@trak.com
Da
  6th of Dec, 2007
I was stupid enough to fall for this,and spent 100.00 for b j and the bear dvds.Ive been calling the company since saturday-12/01/07,first you cant get thru,then when you do you get a big run around.Take like today, i got hung up on 3 times when i did talk to someone they gave me a long number to take to a website that website is www.canadapost.com,put in supposed tracking number,and track your shipment.What a bunch of crap.I will be getting ahold of my bbb,and report them,and try to get my money back.
Ph
  8th of Dec, 2007
All the above complaints, I have experienced. I ordered the complete series of WKRP and have not received any kind of information from them. I am terribly disappointed as this was to have been a Christmas gift. Ultimatedvd also charged my credit card the next day. I cannot believe that I cannot reach anyone. This has made me afraid to shop anymore on line.
An
  9th of Dec, 2007
Ultimate DVD Shop is a complete scam. they ripped me off for $143. i doubt I will ever see that $ again.

I received no confirmation e-mails, No returned calls or e-mails from their so called customer service, the phone message is a fake which leads you along and just disconnects and the end. If anybody has run into the same problem with these ### and figured out how to get your $ back, Please give me a shout. So much for internet security. I'm going back to stores. Peace and happy Holidays!
Er
  10th of Dec, 2007
Have gotten nowhere in trying to get info on my order.
Sh
  12th of Dec, 2007
I Got ripped to, but for $198.00 bucks, does anyone even know the location of this place? If so I would really appreciate knowing. Im gonna report these people to the proper authorities, if I can get a little more info on them. I cant even get them to respond to me, and Ive search everywhere for more info. Any info would be appreciated. Happy Holidays.
  13th of Dec, 2007
I just want to say that if you paid with a credit card you need to get a new card. I canceled my order, we will see what happens. I talked to the online staff(ha) and they said they where based out of Miami, Fl, and i dont think so. Due to the mispelled words from the online person. The web site is not sucure as well.
An
  13th of Dec, 2007
This company is definately scamming people! Do NOT use them. I ordered a dvd about 2 months ago and I have left numerous voicemails (on some strange recording) and sent emails, etc. Hey, the person who got some kind of refund, how did you go about doing that? THey already charged my VIsa $170 AND I pretty much know now I will get nothing. Any info will help. And I am going to try to bring them down! They are probably drug dealers!!!
Cd
  16th of Dec, 2007
I found this company on the internet .I got scammed ! I ordered a DVD set December 10, 2007 and was told I would receive an email confirming my order within 48 hours which I have not received. I have tried the customer service phone number on more then on occasion and get sent to another line then it rings a few times and informs me all service reps are busy and tells me to leave a message which I have did sereval times and no one has retuen my calls. I also tried to go back to the web site and email customer service no one returns my emails either.DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM! I hope the Better Business Bureau can help to stop these crimnals!!!!!!!!
Te
  16th of Dec, 2007
I ordered the complete set of Who's The Boss and went to follow up today to see why I have not received a confirmation or package and that is when I found this site. I just called my credit card company as I charged the order. Does anyone know what the credit card company now does? I too am so disappointed because (1) I do not want to lose the money and (2) it was a Christmas gift that the person really wanted.
Ca
  17th of Dec, 2007
I'm afraid I've been scammed too. I did not receive any confirmation on my order and then found the scam complaints. I cancelled my credit card, however, 2 days after cancelling it, their charge for $75.00 managed to get through because it was posted prior to me cancelling it. My credit card company is going to dispute the charge once I fill out some form, but who knows if it will work. I should have known better considering they do not have any real address or contact information. God knows how many of us are out there. I guess I learned my lesson and it could have been worse.
  17th of Dec, 2007
Oh no. I ordered two items and paid $156.77 and cannot get a hold of them. I am so sad. They DID just get on their live chat feature and give me a tracking number for the Canada post... and there appears to be such a site and they show they rec'd my order. But this site is wierd too and has no info re: arrival date. Damn! How unnerving. Will let you know if I get anything!!!
  17th of Dec, 2007
Ok. So, there is not ALOT we can do. But we can do something. I contacted an IT expert to see who issued their secure certificate and also who hosts their site.

Next, we should all get in contact. Since together the fraud is in excess of $1500 we can have the police investigate, possibly.

THEN, we should each call our credit card companies to put them on notice that they are conducting fraudulent business.

As I get more ideas, I will continue to act on them. This is all I could come up with in the last 20 minutes.

Anyone who wants to get in on helping be bring down these ###, please email me. Happy Holidays. Tre
Gr
  17th of Dec, 2007
Hey look at me, i am an idiot also. Ordered the complete get smart series for a x-mas gift, and can't get a response from the company. 100.00 down the drain. I hope other people are smart enough to research this company, because i sure wasn't.