Ultimate DVD Shop Complaints & Reviews

Ultimate DVD ShopFraudulent company

I order the Judging Amy Complete Series on December 22, 2017. By December 26, 2017 the charges were already charged against my credit card. I received and email that the product would be shipped in approximately 14 days. Since them I have received numerous emails that the product is on back order and will be shipped promptly when received, unless I wish to cancel my order and get a refund. The refund link does not work - their phone number is never answered, and since I sent a rather scathing email that I want my product NOW, I haven't received any further communications from them. THIS COMPANY IS THE BIGGEST SCAM EVER. By searching around I also found that they had been scamming under the name "All Your Favorite TV Shows". I should have known this company was crap, but I was so happy to find a Christmas present that my daughter really wanted. I will never do business on the internet again with a company I have never heard of. When it looks to good to be true - - - you guessed it - - - IT IS. My sympathy to anyone else that got taken by this scam.

• Vi
    Viki Bacon Dec 23, 2007

Order #172225 placed on 12/2/07 for 2 DVD sets; complete DVD sets of tv shows AirWolf and Street Hawk, total $166.77. This was for son's Christmas/Birthday gift. Was advised I would receive in 12-14 days. Today is 12/23/07 and I have received nothing. I've called and get a voice message machine advising to leave msg and someone would call back within 24 hours; I've left 4 messages, no call; I've sent 5 emails, no reply. I have my credit card company working on it also but I am very very unhappy with this company! Don't know what to do next... Plz smb advise!

• Di
    Diane Feb 26, 2008

We ordered the complete series of American Dreams. Our credit card was charged immediately and we were told the product would ship 12-14 days. Then we received an "oh, we don't have it available" letter and if we wished to cancel to contact them. I sent two emails...tried all the phone numbers I had available and none of them worked. Then on the scam website I got the most current phone number from another disgruntled customer. Please make a note...the number that works is 1-800-787-1219.

• Sc
    Scott H. Robbins Mar 05, 2008

Ordered complete That 70's Show DVD set for 89.99 on 1/11/08. My bank account was charged on 1/14/08 by Ultimate DVD Shop for amount of 111.58 (included 21.59 tax). Then received e-mail that item was backordered. After sometime I asked for an approximate date of arrival or I would cancel. They emailed back that it would only be another 5-7 days. I relented to wait the allotted time. After DVDs never arrived I went to cancel via their link on their emailed confirmation. There was no link. I tried calling on several attempts, each time with no answer or a recording saying that no one could take my call. I emailed yet again to [email protected] to cancel my order with a letter of my discontent & disappointment in the company. That was on 2/28/08 & as of 3/5/08 I have yet to be refunded. Also on the email they sent saying that it would be 5-7 days, they denied charging the 111.58 when my bank confirms the transaction on 1/14. I should have known that the price sounded too good.

• Wi
    william ogoza;ly Mar 27, 2009

i was also charged by those ### at ultimate dvd for which they sent me serveral emails saying they were temporaly out of stock, and they were tota;l usesless on telephone support and i would like to know if there is anyway of getting mu monery back anyone who can hwlp me feel free to email me about this matter. [email protected]

• Wi
    william ogoza;ly Mar 27, 2009

i hope this helps to resolve my compliant towars this outfit any helpp will be appreciated

• Lo
    Lori Ann Encinias Jun 03, 2016

Yes, I too placed an order for the "CHIPS" DVD Collection and the Punky Brewster DVD collection and my credit card was charged $181.61. I have not had any success in getting my credit card refunded for the 2 Collections. I have emailed them, got on to the chat, called them and no success. I checked on 2/12/2017 to see if I could get on the chat line and it is no longer on the webpage for ultimate DVD Collections.

Cheryl Laboda Jun 03, 2016

order #170960 placed Nov 30, NEVER received but charged to my credit card immediatly. Tried calling for several weeks, left messages and emails and no response. Finally got someone today at one of the #'s and they don't speak english and refused to give an address and said the product was already shipped. I told them that I wanted a full refund because the product never arrived and was supposed to have arrived about 4 weeks ago. This company is a scam. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM.

Ultimate DVD ShopFraudulent company!

I was charged for the order but never received the product. E-mails are not returned and the phone number listed on the website is disconnect. For others who have also been taken by this company, I am first filing a complaint for internet fraud with http://www.ic3.gov/.

If I don't get a response/resolution from them I will try other avenues for reporting internet fraud. Companies like this should not be allowed to continue scamming people.

• Valerie Jan 14, 2008

Ordered a box set. The web site looked good. Waited 8 weeks now. No product. Live Support says it is in the mail just check the tracking number provided. That number is invalid. They blame Canadian Post Office. The Post office told me they were a scam. Lucky for me my Credit Card canceled the order. Now I have to get a new card. They have several sister sites on the web. All appear run the same way.

• Ti
    Tiffany Francis Feb 06, 2008

I also placed an order with these people on Jan 12... it is now Feb 6. Have called many times, numerous e-mail... have received nothing from them except their name on my credit card statement for $78.18. I am on the phone with my bank as I speak trying to recover my money...

• Gr
    Grover Hall Feb 08, 2008

I ordered several DVD box sets and have never received one. Received one e-mail confirming order. Now the phone numbers are not working and e-mails are not answered. So far my credit card has not been charged.

• De
    DEBORA COATES Feb 27, 2008

I PLACED AN ORDER IN JANUARY AND I TOO HAVE NEVER RECEIVED MY PRODUCT AND I HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF. NONE OF MY EMAILS WILL BE RETURNED AND TODAY ALL OF PHONES HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED.

• Ka
    Karen Simmons Feb 27, 2008

I ordered some tapes from Ultimate Dvd Shop and never received anything. They also said that they were going to charge my card one month after our bank had paid them. We have called and e-mailed many times and never get a response. I appreciate the information I received on this site from all of you.

• Su
    sunny May 28, 2008

I ordered Judging Amy and instead received Allie McBeal. I called and was told that I would receive my correct order soon. Never received! I can no longer contact them as they do no answer their phone or respond to my E-mails. Do not be deceived by the Ultimate DVD Shop. They are scammers.

• Ho
    hotgeek88 Apr 25, 2009

I placed an order to this company over a year ago. After leaving countless messages on their answering machine, I did finally receive my order. However, it was bootleg and the quality was awful. I am not even sure how it could have passed through customs unnoticed. I am out over $100. Next time, I'll stick to Amazon. They are at least reliable.

Ultimate DVD ShopThey scammed me!

Like everyone else, i got scammed! They took my money out the day i ordered it. sent me an email saying shipping info was coming... Never sent. I called and got the run around saying to leave a name and a number. E-mailed them and said i wanted my money back. 2 weeks later i got an email saying my order was backordered and that my refund was submitted but it never went to my bank account. they are full of crap. I called my bank and got my money back through them and they are researching this company for me. I wish i had seen this webpage before i purchased!

Ultimate DVD Shopultimate dvd shop scam

Ultimate dvd shop.com, tvmilk.com, dvd donkey, Allmyfavoriteshows.tv , Tvaddicts.tv, Dvdavenue.tv, dvd diesel, and dvdcraze.tvjust to name the ones I have found run by these crooks. Don't be fooled into thinking that you will get anything from these crooks is a nightmare and a slight possibility that if you should receive any merchandise from this company it will be horrible dvd's of shows recorded off of the tv. They are more than happy to admit to you on their "live chat" that the shows are recorded off of the tv and are 8 on a scale of 1-10 in quality. I have never seen any of these discs, because I was not one of the lucky ones that received the dvd's I paid for. They claim this legal, because they have a manufacturer they claim is licensed that makes them and they only sell them.

I have filed a dispute with my credit card company. (They claimed that they would give me a refund, but that hasn't happened) I also filed a report with the Motion Picture Association, and I called the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. I found an article that said 8 were arrested in Canada for pirating DVD"S. When I spoke to the police they could neither confirm or deny if they came from any of the above sites, because the hadn't been charged with a crime as of yet. He did however state that many people had complained about these kinds of sites, and that they had confiscated a lot of packages at their warehouse and the Canadian PO.

If any one has purchased any DVD's from any of these companies I hope you file a dispute with your credit card company or bank if you used a debit card as soon as possible. Part of their tactic is to stall you as long as possible so that it is too late to dispute the charges. Their "live help" person will tell you it's on the way and will probably give you a fake tracking number. When you can't track the package they will tell you the PO has probably lost it and that they will look into it. They will not answer emails in a timely manner as stated on their website (24-48hrs). They have a phone number but no one will ever return your call.

Please be warned Ultimate DVD Shop is a scam and a fraud. Please fell free to contact me if you would like anymore information.

• Na
    nancyh Jan 06, 2008

They scammed me too

• Th
    Thomas E.Butt Jan 14, 2008

Me too have a lot of problems with this company, my dvd arrived very late and some of the movies cases crack and the quality very bad.

• Wm
    W. Millen Jan 14, 2008

I ordered the Adventures of Young Indiana Jones. I kept e-mailing as the tracking number they gave me could not be acknowledged by Canada Post. When I did receive them they were on plain white labels. When viewing you could see they had taped them (VHS) from USA network there was no color and the quality so so poor it was hard to view. I knew I had been had. I am just now seeing how many others have the same problem.

• Mi
    Michael J Lairson Jan 18, 2008

Thanks to you guy and everyones messages I was able to call my card and have it cancled and also called the police and fill out a report. I ordered the full nash bridges set back on 11.20.07 and the over charged me by 30 dollars and kept giving me a fake tracking number also. I left several messages and eventually they will start ending chats with you. they ended several of my once they figured out who I am. the question is with all of us talking and getting scamed, what does it take to shut there web sight down.

• Sc
    Scrapper Jan 20, 2008

Give Shopsmore.com a try if ordering dvd's. If they don't have it they can add it just send an email. Everything is fullfulled via amazon so items are easier to find and same low prices.

Shopsmore.com

• Li
    Linda Frisbie Feb 09, 2008

I too have been scammed. I found this article and it says we all should call. "To verify the legitimacy of Internet websites selling DVDs before making an order, contact the CMPDA at 1-800-363-9166. Anyone who believes they have purchased a pirated DVD is asked to call the RCMP at (514) 939-8307.

[email protected]"

• Ju
    Julie Jones Jun 03, 2016

same story as the others- no confimation email, no product, and no company rep to be found. I had to close my bank account so the idiots couldn't take more of my money! DON'T USE THIS SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sh
    Shawn Wells Jun 03, 2016

Ordered Football Follies over a month ago. Nothing. Nothing but evidence where money was stolen from my account. You would think that if people were going to go into ANY business, that they would have SOME degree of integrity. Victimized like all the rest. I hope that Amazon drops them so that others do not fall prey to this scam artist.

Ultimate DVD Shop — Scam artists!

What else can I say but... I got scammed from this company! This company, somehow, is "slipping through the...

Ultimate DVD Shop — Ultimate Dvd Shop ripped me off!

I found this company on the internet ultimatedvdshop.com and I ordered a Bob Newhart Dvd Set. I was told I...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices