Ulta — do not order from them
I placed a $68+ order from Ulta, but I got an error message saying the order could not be committed. I went back out and re-entered everything and still got the same message. I went over each number of my card and re-did the whole thing again. At first I thought it wasn't accepting the submit button click. After reviewing my checking account in another window while trying to order, I saw seven pending transactions going in for the $68.00 amount. When I called customer service, I was told it would take three days to get my money back, and when I asked them if the order had been placed, she said no. I order almost everything online, and so far, my experience has been that if an order doesn't go through, your card isn't charged. I was also of the understanding that cards couldn't be charged until orders were ready to ship. According to Stason.org, under the FAQ question 409. "Can mail-order merchants charge my credit card before they ship?", the answer is "According to Janet Hug of Visa USA, "a merchant is not permitted to bill ahead of time" except in case of a deposit or down payment that the customer agrees to." The Ulta.com customer service rep told me that every time the submit button is pressed, the charge goes through whether the order is placed or not. Since this was my first order with them, I am very nervous. At first I thought it was a Fraud site, but I notice there are actual concrete stores that exist, so I'm hoping for the best. Someone tell me if I should be calling my bank now and having Ulta.com investigated for fraud?
Susan Tusch's Response, Aug 02, 2018
That should've read "falsely accused of stealing".
IT WAS TERRIFYING!!
More Ulta Complaints & Reviews
- Ulta - rip off company 
- Ulta Cosmetics - ulta being investigated by govt for discrimination, lawsuit in works 
- Ulta - misleading salon charges 
- ULTA/ Instyle Magazine - charged my debit card without my approval 
- Ulta - ulta will not even exchange a fragrance without a customer receipt 
- Ulta Beauty - ulta website online ordering
- Ulta - beware of crazy dallas manager 
- Ulta - customer support
- Ulta Beauty - deception and discrimination by manager of ulta port orange fl 
- Ulta - highly disappointed