Ultado not order from them

I placed a $68+ order from Ulta, but I got an error message saying the order could not be committed. I went back out and re-entered everything and still got the same message. I went over each number of my card and re-did the whole thing again. At first I thought it wasn't accepting the submit button click. After reviewing my checking account in another window while trying to order, I saw seven pending transactions going in for the $68.00 amount. When I called customer service, I was told it would take three days to get my money back, and when I asked them if the order had been placed, she said no. I order almost everything online, and so far, my experience has been that if an order doesn't go through, your card isn't charged. I was also of the understanding that cards couldn't be charged until orders were ready to ship. According to Stason.org, under the FAQ question 409. "Can mail-order merchants charge my credit card before they ship?", the answer is "According to Janet Hug of Visa USA, "a merchant is not permitted to bill ahead of time" except in case of a deposit or down payment that the customer agrees to." The Ulta.com customer service rep told me that every time the submit button is pressed, the charge goes through whether the order is placed or not. Since this was my first order with them, I am very nervous. At first I thought it was a Fraud site, but I notice there are actual concrete stores that exist, so I'm hoping for the best. Someone tell me if I should be calling my bank now and having Ulta.com investigated for fraud?

• Susan Tusch's Response, Aug 02, 2018

That should've read "falsely accused of stealing".

IT WAS TERRIFYING!!

Comments

• Su
      Aug 14, 2018
    Ulta Beauty - I was also fausly accused of stealing as I see another customer was!!
    Grand Rapids
    Michigan
    ulta.com

The staff at Ulta called the police on me and I was pulled over on my way home! The Police were VERY angry at the staff of Ulta!!! They wasted the police officers time and put me through a lot of unwarranted distress!!!

• Po
      Sep 02, 2018
    Ulta Beauty - salon
    Christiana mall
    ulta.com

The girl with the ugly piercing on her face was real ignorant to me. She is not a hair stylist but I guess their front desk rep. I was just asking about a haircut and her attitude was [censored]y.

Sep 10, 2018
    Ulta Beauty Products - san rafael, ca store
    San Rafael, CA

I requested to see if one of the clerks could call one of their other stores to check on a product — I was told by the snotty clerk they are "not allowed" to call other stores. If there is a management team that is telling their employees this then this company is the worst!!! What customer service technique is this???