Ukrainian Fiancee Marriage Association (UFMA) / Scam?

1 Kharkiv, Ukraine Review updated:

I want to report member number 333 (Maria) a scammer.
She started writing to multiple male clients. Her first letter is something like:  Harry (or John and so on), " it’s our lucky day! Want to know why?  I have found your profile today. That’s why the day is so lucky! And now I see an opportunity for us to create a great relationship together. Do you also see it?  Let me say a few words about me. I am a tender girl who is looking for a good man to love . . .". Once you write her, she claimed that she had no computer or Internet access. Also she would tell you that she had no telephone or phone number, but she communicated with Marriage Agency by phone all the time. She lied that she wrote you only and no other men. She lied that she had no time for English courses, but she had all the time for video chat. Next She sounded that your were her savior. You are the king and she is a servant girl. But she lied that she had no time for meeting face to face. Toward the end, she asked for money. Then she refused to write anymore.
Ukrainian Fiance and Marriage Agency claimed,
1. "All of us at UFMA work on choosing only most sincere, real and serious Ukrainian ladies for you to meet with. They would never ask you for money or anything. . . ".
2. Another claim: "We spend a lot of time with you, learning your interests and needs to make the best . . .". What is more,
3. "We are always on call to answer any questions. . . ". These are all lies. Agency manager Sergey was too busy to collect your cash (U.S. dollars) 200 or more for a meeting with a woman. Or get out of the agency office. He is too busy to talk about anything.

Added notes: According to a report from Kyiv Post (on October 7, 2016) by an undercover journalist as a translator, the common scheme of many Ukrainian marriage agencies has three parts. It may be a beared computer science student impersonating the dream girl (albeit a real person) by operating her profile . . . typing to a dozen other men at the same time. By the end of the month, the young beauty, translator and agency all got earnings of hundreds of dollars. (For year 2015, Ukraine GDP per capita is $7450 and the U.S. counterpart $52549.)

Hc
Dec 15, 2016

Comments

• Kk
      19th of Feb, 2017

This is a scam agency. Almost all the agencies running in Ukraine are scamming people for Money. They might be real girls but are just Dating you for money.

31st of Mar, 2017

@kks123 You are posting this same comment everywhere. Any proof?

• Gr
      30th of Jul, 2017

@kks123 You are so right! And should know that girls have no Internet and, as a rule, when you are sending msgs to the girl an waiting her respond, the UFMA's managers are leading a chat with you. Girls may come to the office just for communication by Skype and be sure, that you are not only one, whom they decided to start communication and they do know nothing about you before they are not given the information about you from managers...it's all just to splash your money on gifts or make you to arrive in Ukraine

10th of Aug, 2017

@GregoryGred And where from do you have such "solid" information about UFMA, Gregory? Do you keep an eye on all our offices? Maybe you've been here and seen this yourself? Or is this just a fantasy? The marriages that we do are probably also a fantasy, right?

• Al
      27th of Jun, 2018

@GregoryGred you are wrong. UFMA has real women. A friend of mine has got a wife from them. And I have visited them too. All is real.

31st of Mar, 2017

This comment has already been deleted from Trustpilot for being a fake.
    Ladies don't have any ability to ask or take money from UFMA clients.
    Sincerely,
    Sergey
    UFMA

• Ha
      13th of Apr, 2017
    Best Best Advice +6 Votes

I have met with this lady - Maria 333. A very nice young lady from good family.
    She didn't ask me for money or anything. So you are probably mixing up something here, pal.

• Je
      25th of Apr, 2017

I don't see any scam plot in the starter topic. Some women just don't know how to tell you that they are not interested. You just need to accept that.

• Ot
      17th of May, 2017

I met Maria #333 too, she came to me to Kiev. And she paid for the trip herself. I only paid for the meals and she didn't ask me for any money. Very decent and well mannered lady I should say.
    I have a very good impression about UFMA in general - very qualitative ladies they have.

• Da
      10th of Aug, 2017

I have used the Basic tour package at UFMA this june. Met ladies both in Kiev and in Kharkov. All ladies were real. Good experience.

5th of Oct, 2017

nice agency, good women

• Pi
      8th of Feb, 2018

overall ufma agency is very nice. good people working there. i'm going back to kharkiv this summer, will visit ufma again. very well screened women, good service. it is nice to use their services.

20th of Mar, 2018

Guys, I have just been using UFMA, a week ago I returned to New York. I can say that these guys are great, they helped me very well with matchmaking.

Here’s my story. I first tried to communicate with one girl from another agency and spent a lot of time on her, staying two weeks in Kharkov… and nothing really happened between us, we just went to diners and restaurants and a couple of times for shopping… I already saw that this does not lead anywhere, but I could not help it... Then I decided to do more dating and went to the UFMA website, talked to Sergei and came to their office… He picked a couple of women with whom I met and spent a few dates.

These meetings were strikingly different from those that were with that girl I met online. I was not taken to expensive restaurants, no one was taking me shopping etc… I see that the women in Sergei's agency are very decent and modest and I really liked it.

Now I will deal with the business and will soon come back to Kharkov to spend more quality time with them. So I can recommend the uFMA agency to anyone who is looking for a girl… They will treat you with attention and respect.

Norman
    [email protected]

• Pe
      23rd of Apr, 2018

Ukrainian Fiancee is a good agency. Very decent people.

• Al
      27th of Jun, 2018

I don't agree with the starting post. I've met only very good and sincere women at Ufma agency, they helped me a lot and even arranged my tickets to other cities.

maybe you were just bugging them too much, so they didn't want to talk to you. with me they were always very helpful.

• Re
      14th of Jan, 2019

This is an in fact totally honest review of my first hand personal experience with Ukrainian Fiancee Marriage Agency from November of 2017 to November of 2018.

My name is Eric and I spent a year being deceived into thinking that I was communicating with a woman on the Ukrainian Fiancee Marriage Agency. I really fell hard for this extremely beautiful woman and I spent thousands of dollars sending paid messages and gifts for holidays and just because I wanted to buy her things off of the Ukrainian Fiancee Marriage Agency Website.

However, a year later in November of 2018 when I finally went to Kharkiv Ukraine to meet the woman that I thought that I had been exchanging letters with through translators, though I was pleasantly surprised to find out that she actually did exist, as I had questioned several times during our innumerable hundreds of letters, I also discovered that the woman that I met and spent about 6 days of 4 hours per day marriage compatibility sessions with in fact absolutely was not the person, or I'm sure team people, that I had been exchanging letters with.

This woman's marriage website profile said that she was a designer however she was a bartender who was one of those people who drinks so much that she looked drunk even when she wasn't. Her profile also said that she smoked rarely when in fact that woman was a cigarette addict who couldn't sit for 30 minutes without having to leave and go and have a cigarette.

I also discovered that this woman absolutely was not interested in me at all, which was totally contradictory to the year long line of absolute and complete bullsh** that I was being fed by whoever was writing me letters nearly every day for 12 months.

After it was all said and done, between paid letters, gifts, plane tickets, and paying $300.00 per night for an apartment that came with an accommodation package that I'm sure didn't cost the marriage agency $200.00 per month to rent I spent about $15, 000.00 US to meet a person that I had not really been communicating with and on the last of the 5-6 days that I spent socializing with this woman this complete dragon lady of a woman started ranting about how she didn't know me at all, she wasn't going to have any children and she didn't owe me anything for the year of time, effort and investment in trying to get married to her. To which I replied through our ever present translator, "Is this woman a psycho?"

When I asked my translators how many people were actually getting married through this marriage agency per year they both told me that that information wasn't shared with them and they didn't know because after they are finished translating for potential couples they never hear from them again... Based on my experience my guess is that less than 10 couples per year are actually getting married through this agency at best, if that many.

I told the agency that this woman absolutely was not the person that I had spent a year exchanging letters with and they told me that sometimes there are miscommunications during translation when in fact this totally beautiful lady was just posted on their website as bait to scam people into thinking that they were going to marry her when in fact this woman is a radical feminist who is totally not interested in getting married to anyone. She may be interested in getting someone to pay for her to mover to another country but she is totally not interested in marriage, not to mention long term marriage.

The agency reminded me that I didn't take their advice of communicating with more than one woman on the website (which would have cost a small fortune) just in case there were incompatibility issues and they offered me the option to meet someone else on my next trip to Ukraine, which I squarely refused because i had been scammed enough.

15th of Jan, 2019

@Relaxation Station Hello everyone.

This story will be useful for anyone, who is looking for a bride in Ukraine, as it contains a lot of typical mistakes and delusions of a client. Unfortunately, in this case he decided not to correct his behavior and not to listen to the agency’s advice to achieve success.

Also there are so many untrue facts, exaggerations and substitutions of concepts that we can’t leave this review without attention.

Firstly, the author has made a decision for himself, that his marriage with this woman is something, what is completely decided. And his job is just to come to Ukraine and get married.

Also the author didn’t mention that during the year of communication he promised to come a few times and he didn’t. And it was absolutely not certain for a lady, if he will come at all or not. And moreover, nobody could promise exactly that she will get married with him, as she was not sure if he will come at all.

The purpose of the first visit can be a meeting a woman and getting to know her in person. It is not possible to arrange the marriage, without seeing each other, as the author wanted.

Everything in this review is built on the fact, that this is the wrong woman he talked to, that it was not her. But he can’t accept the fact, that she wasn’t ready to develop the relationships as quickly as he wanted. And the fact that she was meeting him for 4-6 hours every day, having a job and a small child, is not taken into account as an effort from her side. The author sees only his efforts and he thinks that he has done his job by just coming to Ukraine.

We also got a lot of complains from this lady about the author’s behavior. She said he treated her as “his property” and a like a “thing” that already belongs to him. He didn’t even want to ask her anything about her life, he was just telling stories about his life. It was obvious that he is quite self centered.

And here are some interesting phrases from this review that need more attention:

“one of those people who drinks so much that she looked drunk even when she wasn't” What is this? This is a statement that she is an alcoholic and she looks like that? Isn’t this a direct abuse? What is this used for? In the next paragraph the author says that she is very beautiful. Is this adequate at all?

“bullsh** that I was being fed by whoever was writing me letters nearly every day for 12 months.” The lady was waiting to meet a person, she never met. And not to get married within 7 days as the author wanted. His goal was to get married no matter what. He also wrote in his letters that they should have sex when he comes. But it doesn’t work this way unfortunately.

“paying $300.00 per night for an apartment” – he was paying per day for the package, including apartment, transfers, translations, meetings, using a mobile phone and other services, so this is a purely untrue statement. The apartment is in the city center and it is a good comfortable place and it is not cheap at all.

“I spent about $15, 000.00 US” – this is an absolute lies, it was spent times less. Maybe he has included his food and utility bills during the year he talked to a lady?

“I also discovered that this woman absolutely was not interested in me at all” – we have heard the same info from a woman. Her feedback was that the author is interested in marriage as a fact. And not interested in her. It was not in his plan to get to know each other somehow before marriage.

“Is this woman a psycho?” – this is the style or communication of the author. It is hard to believe that some woman would like this style.

“Based on my experience my guess is that less than 10 couples per year are actually getting married through this agency at best, if that many.” – how can you make such statistics? How can you know that? Just a guess?

“I told the agency that this woman absolutely was not the person that I had spent a year exchanging letters with” – unfortunately, it is the woman who was writing and the author’s behavior has scared her away from him.

“this totally beautiful lady was just posted on their website as bait to scam people into thinking that they were going to marry her” – above it was said that she looks like an alcoholic. Now she is a beauty.

“this woman is a radical feminist” – there are no reasons at all to think so. She didn’t say she is a feminist.

“they offered me the option to meet someone else on my next trip to Ukraine, which I squarely refused because i had been scammed enough.” – these meetings were offered for free. And author just didn’t like to have them, because he wanted to get married during that week in Ukraine, and this was out of his scenario. All other scenarios and suggestions didn’t work for him.

So the conclusion from our side is, the letters are not the guarantee of marriage. You should talk to 2-3 ladies at a time and choose the One. It is not good to concentrate on one and expect from her to belong to you just for the fact that the letters were sent. Agency can’t guarantee that if you choose some particular woman, she will fall in love with you. Such things can’t be guaranteed.

Respectfully, UFMA

• Re
      16th of Jan, 2019

To anyone interested in doing business with Ukrainian Fiancee Marriage Agency I have discovered, based on the misstatements that are listed above, that whoever wrote the reply to my absolutely and completely honest review of my year long experience with Ukrainian Fiancee Marriage Agency doesn't have a problem with flat out lying and telling attempting to bend the truth.

In my hundreds of letters to the woman that I thought that I was communicating with at Ukrainian Fiancee Marriage Agency from November of 2017 until November of 2018, whom I will again state, "Is absolutely not the person that I met" I never told her that I wanted to come to Ukraine to have sex with her, I only told her that I desperately wanted to hold her, something that I was told in letters would be absolutely no problem however the woman that I met was completely not interested in letting me hold her and did not allow that to happen.

All that the woman that I met in Ukraine and our ever present translators did while I was in Ukraine was tour the city of Kharkiv, go to as many restaurants as possible, because I'm huge on going to restaurants, and we went to several museums... I did not expect to get married during this trip and I did not even mention getting married during our entire trip, I only mentioned that I would eventually like to get married to which she replied innumerable times, "I don't know you." as though we had never spoken to each other at all, not to mention having spent a year exchanging hundreds of letters together, as a matter of fact, I asked her how many times she wanted me to come to Kharkiv before she would feel that she new me well enough to get married and she squarely replied that she didn't know... She told me that she she does not like to plan things, she likes to do things spontaneously.

At absolutely no point during our 5 - 6 days of 4 - 5 hour meetings was anything done to frighten either the woman that I met through the agency or our translator and since I barely speak a word of Russian anything that I did say to her had to be filtered through our translator and if I had said or done anything inappropriate to this woman or behaved improperly in any way the meeting would have been stopped and my contract of sorts with the agency, one of which was a signed appropriate behavior statement, would have been instantly terminated. However, since I both came to Kharkiv and left Kharkiv on good terms with Ukrainian Fiancee Marriage Agency absolutely nothing out of the ordinary happened during my visit to Kharkiv.

The individual or individuals that were sending me letters for a year had me so convinced that the woman that I thought that I was talking to via paid messages through Ukrainian Fiancee Marriage Agency's website wanted to get married that I went to the courthouse in the small town that I work out of in America and I got an official divorce certificate (which I left in Kharkiv with Sergey, who is the manager of Ukrainian Fiancee Marriage Agency) as part of Ukrainian Fiancee Marriage Agency's and likely The Ukrainian Government's policy of presenting documented proof that I was in fact not married to someone else.

I also bought a brand new car for the woman that I was so sure would be my new wife so that she would have a totally dependable car to drive, I toured apartments both my own and in nearby cities, I made arrangements with the local school board for an incoming non-native English speaking elementary school student and I (later very embarrassingly) told several people that I had a new wife that would eventually be coming from Ukraine, that is how absolutely and completely convincing whoever I was talking to on the internet through Ukrainian Fiancee Marriage Agency's website was. However, the woman that i met upon arrival at Ukrainian Finacee marriage Agency's office absolutely was not the marriage minded domestic goddess that I had been deceived by for a year... As a matter of fact, she didn't even look exactly like the same person... She looked like someone who was weathered and years older.

As far as the totally hideous and horribly false claims that I treated this woman like she was a piece of property, there was in fact absolutely no time for such a thing to take place during my visit because we spent all of our time being chaperoned and we only spent about 2 hours alone together walking around a completely empty Gorky Park, which is something that she said that she wanted to do, on the last day that we were together and then we went our separate ways and I haven't seen her since and there wasn't by any stretch of the imagination any conflict between us during those two hours of walking around together.

My only question is, how many years has this woman's profile been posted on this website to bait suitors and if the agency is so keen on seeing that people are properly matched and married then it is extremely suspicious that the agency's employees lamented about being kept completely in the dark about everything that goes on there, even the number of couples that are married?... In a normal legitimate marriage agency scenario that absolutely does not stand up to logic.

And finally, I said that this woman was a radical feminist because she kept going on about how she was a strong woman who could take care of herself and she told me that she, her mother and her grandmother were all single women which is multi-generational family dysfunction which is a common pattern of radical feminists.

She told me all of this at exactly the same time that she told me that she wasn't going to have any children and I didn't owe her anything for all of the time that I had expended trying to marry her.

Even though Ukrainian Fiancee Marriage Agency is trying to have my experience with their agency removed from websites like Trustpilot under the claim that I have said improper things about a woman, in North America it has become very illegal for consumer information websites to remove non-positive or scathing reviews of businesses because doing so for many years in the past has cause people to lose their lives because they went to extremely dangerous hotels or resorts that had had bad reviews of their businesses removed for years by consumer information websites.

On the positive side, Ukrainian Fiancee Marriage Agency met me at the airport and dropped me back off at the airport in Kharkiv and made me feel very well taken care of, even down to having a cellphone to call the manager if I needed to 24 hours per day.

The overpriced apartment that I was put in was well secured and near everything that I could possibly need in the city center and I felt that the agency at least made an effort to see that I was a happy camper and I was offered to meet any of the women on the website that I wanted even though I was only interested in the one that i thought that i had been communicating with.

I think that with the hundreds of women on this website it should be possible for someone to get married, if they're lucky, but I am also absolutely sure that in the interest of profit this agency is using individuals other than the women that you think that you're communicating with to keep stringing you along buying paid emails and gifts with innumerable completely witless bait questions and claims that you've both spent too much time and put too much effort into your relationship for you to quit the website when you are about to quit the site...

I can absolutely guarantee you that the woman that I met could have totally cared less if i had dropped dead during our time together, absolutely nothing about this woman said that she was the kind, caring, considerate, completely marriage minded individual that I had been exchanging letters with for a year.

• Lu
      22nd of Jan, 2019

I found the UFMA stuff to be very professional. I met greatest lady I’ve ever seen and we are making the plans to be together this spring at my home in Brussels.
    Lucas