Uhaul Repwest Insurance / claim is not resolved no status provided

1 Whitehall, PA, United States Review updated:

I submitted a claim on 5 / 27 / 11 and they have not tried to resolve the claim, i had stored 10 set of mattresses at uhaul at whitehall store on the room 1330 and the roof had a leak and all the mattresses got wet and damaged and there is a meg willauer supposely working on the claim but is not returning my phone calls i spoke with the manager dave horn and he stated on 6 / 8 / 11 that he will check on the claim and return my phone call and today is 6 / 13 and he did not return my phone call yet. As per the uhaul store in whitehall they have no idea of nothing and they supposely can't do anything for me. The manager on 5 / 27 stated he was going to move the mattresses for the storage unit to keep them dry until the investigation is done but did not do what the promised.

Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

16th of Jan, 2013

So i got the cell phone number of the CEO of Uhaul and called to complain about my claim. Where did that get me? Right back to where I was before I called NO WHERE! What a joke.

• To
      23rd of Jun, 2014

Rep West Insurance is a complete scam... I had a Tow Dolly and the fender guard rail of the tow dolly made contact with my vehicle... Causing Damage... I reported the claim... had terrible customer service... I had to do all the work jumping threw hoops getting estimates, taking photos, etc. The damage wasn't event that much to repair... I had one estimate as low as $219... I was first told that the damage was too extensive to have happened while my vehicle was being towed and my claim was denied (Basically calling me a lyer) ... and that I should expect a letter in the mail... So when the letter came the reason was different than what was told to me in the email they sent... The letter said that they did not have to pay the claim b/c they are not responsible for improper packing or shifting of items... as if my vehicle was a card board box in the back of a moving truck or something... The uhaul website says safetow... Covers damage to your towed motor vehicle and cargo while being towed with any U-Haul equipment. That apparently is a lie. This company tried to think of every reason possible to not pay a claim... regardless of how much the claim is they will try to weasel out of it anyway possible... SUCH A SCAM!

• De
      18th of Sep, 2012

Hi, what's happened then? Any result? I had same problem with them. One u-haul truck hit my car when my car was in the parking spot. The driver left me all insurance information and Mr. Jack Sampson from Repwest Insurance company, Arizona asked me to submit several documents. But he elapsed, no reply, never pick up my phone and always on voice mail. And he changed my claim status on u-haul truck claim website closed.

10th of Jan, 2013

Exactly, i was told the same thing from an adjuster. Thank God the driver and my uncle exchanged info at the scence, because come to find out the lady that hit us says no adjuster or investigator has tried calling her and i had to ask her to call them myself because thats what i was told and they are using it as an excuse not to fix my car. She called weeks ago and im still sitting here with a totaled car!

• Li
      30th of Jan, 2013

I can't believe I am reading such similar complaints! I pulled into a parking spot and while my daughter and I were still in the car a Uhaul truck hit the side of my car and took out the drivers side mirror. I pulled out and started high beaming to try to get the driver to pull over. I followed for almost 10 miles (dumb, i know!) and had my daughter call Uhaul and gave the truck # and license plate # and was given the contact number for Rep West Ins. Then called 911 and explained I was following a Uhaul that just hit my car and was told to pull over and stop following the Uhaul. I waited for the police and when they showed up and saw my mirror they said I needed to go back to the town it was hit and file a police report, which I did. Over a month has passed now and I am being told they cannot get in touch with the person who rented the Uhaul because the mail they send keeps coming back but they were doing an information search to try to locate the rented. Today I was told they sent out correspondence and will give the rented 2 weeks to respond and admit guilt or else they will have no choice but to deny me for any compensation for my mirror because of lack of evidence proving the Uhaul hit my car!!! Really?! How can this be legal?

6th of Mar, 2013

I did contact Kathy, but since i have a lawyer all she could do was have the adjuster contact my lawyer to say they are still investigating!Ive never known for an investigation to go on so long!!Im praying to God something happens fast.. And same for u Sandra..

• Ki
      21st of Jun, 2013

This company should be investigated by the Insurance commissioner in the state of Florida. They have a pattern of misleading people when there is a legitimate claim.

• Ca
      16th of Jun, 2014

I am having the same issues ! My car was parked a U-haul truck hit it tore up the whole front end and drivers side. The person stopped gave me their information we made a police report and called the 1-800 number on the spot! The Repwest claims agent did not want to send out an adjuster ! She said it would cost them to much money !!! She is know saying that she can not locate the driver !! What kind of insurance company is this ??? Now I am waiting for her to investigate !! Whatever !! So angry !!

• Ze
      11th of Jul, 2014

Rep West is definitely a rip off. I had a large storage unit for 4 years in NY. I took this lame, 3rd party insurance that I initially thought was a division of Uhaul. When I had incurred over 5k in damages and submitted a claim to RepWest, for over a 6 week period they went back and forth requesting information, photos and documentation. I submitted everything they asked for. In the end I got a letter from them that the rejected my claim. DO NOT BUY INSURANCE FROM THIS COMPANY. THEY WILL FIND A WAY TO NOT COVER YOU SHOULD YOU NEED IT, BUT THEY WILL GLADLY TAKE YOUR MONEY EVERY MONTH.

29th of Aug, 2014

RepWest is a fraud. My truck was hit by a U-Haul truck in an empty parking lot at my complex on June 28, 2014. Neither my lawyer nor myself can contact any of these idiots. Always voicemail with no return call. In the process of suing the people who rented the truck. Not something I want to do but my truck needs replaced. U-Haul is of no help neither. Will tell anyone moving do not use U-Haul!U-Haul and RepWest work together to rip off people that are due money. Will take legal action against both RepWest and U-Haul!

19th of Feb, 2013

Did u have a lawyer?or u handled everything?

11th of Dec, 2012

I am going threw the same thing.. i was hit by a u haul truck nov 12th and it is now Dec 11th, rep west have only told me my car is under investigation because some scratches has rust already in them.. this is ridiculous i have never heard anything like this.. I can barely walk my car is unsafe to drive and all they say is "wait until the investigation is over", "we can take as long as we need".. I hope we all see some results asap!

10th of Jan, 2013

I am having the same problem. My car was hit by a woman driving a U haul truck at 2:30 am. The driver took off and I had to chase her down. I got her info and submitted the claim the next morning 11/10/12. Today is exactly two months later and no resolution. I can call any of the extensions at any time for the Arizona branch and all go to voicemail and all my voicemails go un answered. Whenever I do get my adjuster on the phone after basically calling non stop she acts like the busiest person in the world and rushes me of the phone with the same BS answer saying she still needs to speak to the driver of the rental. How hard is it to make a five minute phone call? I am having to drive without a side view mirror because of this BS. Soooooooo [censored]G PISSED!

• Ni
      15th of Apr, 2018

I slipped getting out of the cab and my Girlfriend rented it she didn't buy the insurance and I don't have auto insurance fractured fibula and tibia had to get plates and screws. Rep west denied my claim as did her insurance. What can I do. Please Help

• Va
      4th of Dec, 2008
    U-Haul - Awful company
    U-Haul
    uhaul.com

We brought our brand new van to U-Haul, because they claimed to be the master of hitch installation, which is very ironic because they did the Exact opposite. They told us the part would take 14 business days to order, so we could not bring our boat on vacation (which was kind of the point) the following Saturday. So they had not called us back at all, after 45 days I called them and they said the part was ready to come in and have it installed, as I did the following day. I left my van there because it was to take two hours, when I returned the installer informed me that he had to remove my exhaust system to make it fit. Then when I saw the hitch it looked like it belonged on a dump truck! Keep in mind the van was ONE month old. So my husband told them to remove it. When they did, they ripped it off and cut the wires! And left us on our way with no working signals. We had to pay the dealership for all repairs to our new vehicle. I wrote a letter to the corporate office with an explanation of how unqualified, rude, and also vandalistic their employees are, not one person ever got back to me. The owner of the shop itself told us to go ahead and complain to anyone we like, it would not matter. How's that for customer service. I believe U-Haul should pay us for all the added expenses caused by their lousy work! And the way I learned that all my wires we're cut, is that someone informed me I had no brake lights, and that is how U-Haul sent me on my way, as I passed the billboard in their driveway, We are the experts in hitch installation.

• De
      14th of Jul, 2011

My claim was submitted 6/10/11. The adjuster, Phillip D'angelis stated he can take as long as he wants just as long as he updates me that nothing has changed. I stored ALL my possessions for 2 months while relocating. The roof leaked and I lost just about everything. I am devestated. My kids are sleeping on air mattresses, no dressers to put the survived clothing. Oh ya, and now they cant complete the leak investigation because the unit has been occupied. When I told them how dare they do this to someone else, I was told- well, maybe the roof was fixed. Well then now where is the proof???????????? Contact the Arizona Dept of insurance that regulates them. 602-364-2499 or www.azinsurance.gov. I also filed with the BBB. I will be seeking an attorney next.

19th of Feb, 2013

Good luck! Keep us posted.

19th of Feb, 2013

i emailed her today, wish me luck!

19th of Feb, 2013

I handled it myself but I spoke to my family attorney. I would contact her directly trust me she is the highest you can go. She will get the ball rolling.

19th of Feb, 2013

I finally got paid out for my claim after almost three months. I had to go to the very too of the claims department. I contacted Kathy Dumke-Zappavigna via email. She responded within the hour and then she had the elusive Mr. Jack Sampson call me shortly after. I recommend contacting her with your claim because you won't get any answers or results dealing with anyone else. Her email is on they site but here it is anyway. Klzappavigna@rep west.com Hope this helps.