Twx*sports Illustrated / Did not order

1 225 High Ridge Rd Stamford, CT, 06905 USAUnited States Review updated:

Just got off the phone with my bank for the exact same thing. $24.54 taken from my account without authorization. How does this happen? How can they get it through without the security code from the back of the card? So frustrating! Now I have to go and get a temporary debit card and switch all automatic debits to the new card. I just did this 2 months ago for the exact same reason!!! I am very careful who I do business with on the internet. I don't give out my information via email or over the phone. How are they getting it?

Comments

• Gr
      30th of Nov, 2008

Charged $94.64 on 11/27/08 to our credit card. had to cancel credit card and get it reissued.

• Al
      16th of Jul, 2009

i have the same thing happening to me I never ordered Sports Illustrated they have charged over $80.00 to my card. I am livid

• Te
      7th of Aug, 2009
    TMX sports illistrated - Didn't order magazine charged for

I was charged for a sports illistrated subscription that i didn't renew.

• Fe
      8th of Dec, 2010

Same thing happened to me, please all, send your complains to the Bureau of consumer protection. http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/index.shtml we all can stop this abuse.

• Ks
      17th of Mar, 2011

This just happened to me as well. I was charged $55.44. This is ridiculous. I filed my complaint.
    Thank you for saying something so that I knew I wasn't the only one.

• Co
      5th of Apr, 2011

TWX*SPORTS ILLS KIDS 800 03/31TWX*SPORT

I didnt order it either...how can we get out money back?

• Gf
      19th of May, 2011

TWX sports illustrated did it to me too. $55.44 credit card charge. I disputed the charge with my credit card company right away, hope it works.

• Su
      7th of Oct, 2011

I did not give twx sports illusrtated permission to charge anything to my credit card, i think it's a shame for such a conglomerate to put themselves out their in the public eye for fraud. I am so pissed off i was on my way to get gas and my card was declined, so i went home got on my laptop and checked my b alance there was a pending transaction from twx sports illustrated. So i cncelled my card for a new one, and i filed a dispute!!!

• Am
      19th of Nov, 2011

I agree. I just got two unmarked envelopes in the mail that just looked like credit card offers. I opened them up and they both said "Thank you for your gift order of 56 issues of Sports Illustrated on 11/4/11!"I checked my bank account and had been charged $110.88 on 11/4/11 as TWX* SPORTS ILLUST. Last year I had ordered these two as gifts and they renewed them for another year WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION! I am so pissed! I was going to renew later with the gift rate of $49.00 for the two, but instead they charged my account $110.88 for the two renewals! I am pissed!!! I am going to demand my money back and not renew at any rate! This is total BS!

• Am
      19th of Nov, 2011

Finally after 20 minutes on hold, they said that they automatically renew all orders placed with a credit or debit card! I am outraged. They credited my account the $110.88 (which I should receive in the next 7-10 business days!) and said that they were sorry. Give me a break. What a scam!

• Cl
      31st of Mar, 2012

just happened to me im pissed.anyone know the number to call.

26th of Apr, 2012

THIS JUST HAPPENED TO ME THIS MORNING. I LOOKED AT MY ACCOUNT AND $34.95 WAS TAKEN OUT. !!! HOW DID THEY EVEN GET MY INFO!!! PISSED OFF!!!

• Mo
      11th of Oct, 2012

my question is how do they get my financial information and also the approval from whom to take money from my account?

• Al
      16th of May, 2013

I did not authorize any transaction from my checking account. When I signed up for the subscription I was told it was free and NOTHING would be charged to my account. I would like my money back, and the amount for my checking account being over drafted because of this unauthorized transaction.

• Ca
      14th of Oct, 2013

Some did happen to me, didn't authorized than charge my credit card, I called my bank and they will deal with the issue and will put my money back.

• Xa
      12th of May, 2016

They just took 53 and some change out of my account tme*sports I guess from finish line or some shoe store that they asked me if I wanted the sports illustrated for free no sign up or anything how do I get my money back like that is fraud they stole my debit card number when I bought the shoes and now stealing money out of my account