Two Small Men With Big Hearts Moving / Damaged furniture

Canada Review updated:
When the movers showed up at my house, March 3 2007, I asked them to carry my entertainment unit together since it was on the large side & was a bit fragile. They were cooperative & respectful when loading it into the back of the truck. However, once we arrived at my new home, they received a phone call from their office advising they were required to complete another move after they were done mine. As a result, they started rushing & quite honestly got quite rude about being pressed for time. (Like that's my problem!) One of the movers decided to hurry things up by carrying my entertainment unit on his own. As a result, he lost his grip & dropped my unit down a few stairs. It's damaged to the point that it cannot serve it's purpose in my home. It's completely scraped up & the doors snapped off. I sent in a complaint along with a copy of my receipt since the unit was less than 1 year old. I guess I'm a bit naive because I fully expected to get a cheque in the mail to cover the damage. So when I received a letter back a week later stating "Due to the fact that the unit was not made of 100% wood, the damage is not covered & they won't pay for the damage," I was quite shocked. I couldn't believe the response! They rushed, they dropped it when I'd previously cautioned, but it's my fault they dropped it because it's not 100% wood. They'd be better off to pay out for the damage than suffer the loss that my negative experience will cause since I'm telling this to everyone I know! Don't EVER give your business to 2 Small Men with Big Hearts Moving. You're just asking to get screwed over.

N  20th of May, 2008 by
have a lawyer fax a letter to their office, thats the way they operate.
until you call them out, they will screw you over cause that how they play the game there.
ask to speak to the owner too, not one of the idiots who answer the phone.

just my $0.02
A  8th of Mar, 2010 by
I wish I had read all of these comments before I hired TSM Moving Ltd. (Total Service Moving), also known as "Two Small Men With Big Hearts Moving".

TSM Movers Ltd.:
- Improperly explained and misrepresented their insurance policies before the move began
- Almost completely destroyed our downstairs stairwell while moving a couch
- Damaged a number of furniture items
- Overcharged by several hours (i.e. charged when no work was being done)
- Movers exhibited unprofessional, unethical behavior
- Office agreed to accept complaint, but later lied and said I had submitted my complaint too late

Have you seen their BBB rap sheet? http://www.bbb.org/calgary/business-reviews/moving-and-storage-companies/tsm-total-service-moving-in-calgary-ab-36439

Avoid at ALL costs!!!