TwinCities.com / Pioneer Press / incessant phone calls despite asking 4 times to stop. signed me up automatically for a newspaper.

1 Lake Elmo, MN, United States Review updated:

This is a really [censor], classless way to go about trying to sell newspapers..

Here's what happened to me..

I signed up for the paper on a promotion a few years back. I canceled the subscribtion. All of a sudden a year later it starts up again out of the blue, and I get a bill in the mail for my new "subscription" (which I never requested or ordered in the first place.)

I cancel said unwanted subscription, yet continue to get bills for subscription. I call four seperate times to cancel and each time the person I talk to lies and says its been canceled.

During these last two phone calls I ask to be taken off the call list, as the ENTIRE time since I first ordered the promotion I've been getting harrased with multiple phone calls per week from different numbers trying to get me to sign up.

Disgusting, harrassing business practice.

I am now getting in contact with pertinent authorities in the State of Minnesota so that they are held accountable for this shameless sales tactics, and I encourage everyone who's had a similar issue to do the same.

Comments

• Am
      4th of Nov, 2017

How did it turn out? I have had the same problem!!! I did the promotional offer about 2 years ago give or take and never have i ever seen a SINGLE paper!! Keep getting the runaround and still have not gotten a refund. And another bill today!!

• Bo
      26th of Apr, 2018

I signed up for a promotional sunday subscription about 6 months ago. I canceled about 4 months ago. My delivery stopped at that time. About 3 weeks ago it resarted. I did not request it restarting. Please cancel my subscription. I see lots of other people have similar problems. I will expect an email confirming my cancelation today. do not publish my name please.
    Donner/apple valley mn.