Tropical Grand Vacations / Holiday offer scam

1 851 E State 434 Suite 120Longwood, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1800 716 4869

Company called me in Australia on home phone offering deal. I unfortunately gave them my credit card details and they charged my card. It was supposed to be towards accommodation in Florida. Company does not answer phone calls and larger amount was charged to my card. ACCC in Australia said that web site was registered in Arizonia. This scam was supposed to be $349 and could of easily of been more. How many other people have they tricked. Please follow this up and please contact me if this is the wrong organization to handle this.

Comments

• Ka
      8th of Jul, 2008

I would like to withdraw my complaint regarding Tropical Grand Vacations. The company is real and I finally received my package completely out of the given time frame 28 days. But it did arrive. Apparently there were problems with my email address. The difference in amount was for the currency difference. Arizonia is were the website company is not where the company is. I have been able to contact the company now its the time difference again was the problem, you need to call before 10 am and only after Wednesday our time (in Australia). I am sorry if I have mislead anyone the company had an explaination for all my complaints and were quite apologetic. However I am going ahead with my refund as airfares are over our budget as well as we are a party of five (2adults and 3 children)
    Kaylene Johns

23rd of Jul, 2008

i also recieved a phone call today with this wonderful holiday offer. after telling them that my family (my partner myself and five children have not had a holiday for the past NINE YEARS. They were very happy to be able to offer this holiday to us. The phone called is very convincing. i spoke to five different people the last of which told me the conversation was being taped for my security. Although i was told the money would'nt be taken from my accouint today (as i dont have it) that i would be able to pay over the next 3mths. After checking my account the money has been taken and i now have no money left to look after my family. I can not beleave that the people are so heartless.

24th of Jul, 2008

Fake holiday offer. Unfortunately i fell for it and gave my card details, after speaking to my daughter who checked the net i canceled my card at the bank, but it was to late they had taken money. I have called the tel no supplied to no avail, i am now in the process of trying to recoup the money taken.

• Ro
      28th of Aug, 2008

Iwas taken in over the phone and altho' I misunderstood how much the deposit was since I was just out of anaesthetic, I decided that I wanted to cancel. When I tried i could not raise the number. Checked site on net & found terrible stories. Bank has acted for me on i'national transaction & money credited w'in 6 weeks NOT 120 days as some reports were reading. I am very thankful to my bank.
    RD Australia

22nd of Sep, 2008

We fell for this scam in December 2007 and are still waiting for a refund. We did everything that was instructed of us in returning the holiday brochures if we did not want to go but we have had numerous phone calls and emails with them and have been promised our money back time and time again but still to no avail. Has anyone any suggestions ???Where do we go from here.

• Al
      3rd of Dec, 2008

I too have been caught by this bogus company who after v hard sell, took my money and refused refund. My bank has been unable to help me to recover the deposit money, can anyone please advise me who to approach to help recover the money?

• Ti
      7th of Jan, 2009

As long as you have abided with the terms and conditions, we will always try to save the offer that a guest has been given as we are simply promoting host resorts here in beautiful Florida.