Trophy Nissan - Mesquite TX / very poor customer service

I went to trophy Nissan to look at a truck that I saw on their website. The truck looked great, but they had no gas in it to really test drive it. I did take it down the road and back. Looked fine and drove fine. The alignment was off a little bit. They said they would fix it along with putting new tires on it because one of them had a big nail sticking out of it. I should have known what I was getting into when the salesman gave me the run around when trying to negotiate the price. After several hrs of waiting I signed papers on the truck. With the condition that they do the 27 point inspection because they never did it in the first place. They sent me home in a user car. The next day they said that they had to order a part and the truck won't be ready for several days. Eight days goes by and I still don't have my truck. After several messages with no return call, They finally tell me that it will be ready at 7pm and I could come pick it up. I verified that it would be ready on time, and asked to be call if something changes. I get there after driving almost an hour and they tell me that it's not ready. They send some pee-on of a manger to tell me. I jumped his case about no one ever calling me. He said he would make sure it was delievered to my work first thing the next morning. I asked for my car back and to forget the whole thing. They just ignored my request. If I known then what I know now, I would have insisted to get my car back. However, I really needed a truck. He said they would make sure that the truck had a full tank of gas for my trouble. Woahow... Late afternoon the next day they did finally get me the truck. As I was driving home, I noticed that the door sounded like it wasn't shut all the way. When I inspected it appears that the truck had been in prior accident and the door wouldn't never align right. There was pieces of glass in the floor. So I started checking out the tires and noticed they never replaced them. The tire that had the nail in it, was just rotated to the rear axles because it still had the nail in it.

All and all it's a good truck. I am probably most to blame for not really checking into the truck more. However, the treatment that I got from Trophy Nissan is unacceptable. They claim the customer is number 1, yeah, until you sign the contract. Then you're just another victim. I've already stopped some people from going there, hopefully this will stop you from going. They are BIG carlot so they don't care. They will only wise up when people stop buying from them.

Comments

• Ka
      28th of Apr, 2007

I will never go to trophy nissan again and I've done business with them for 20 years.

• Lo
      6th of May, 2007

It is wise if you could e-mail your complaint letter to the President of Nissan Japan, Mr. Carlos Ghosn, Vice president, and all the big boss. I am sure your complain will deserve their attention.

• Di
      11th of Mar, 2010

hello i live in the Caribbean .i buy a nissan frontier 2006 ax diesel. from our local dueler sint martin cars from the first service i told them i see oil in the air filter .told me is the pvc and it tock them all most a year to change it .it county new still passing they oil in the air filer.they change it agen i went over and over with the same problem . spoke the management then they make pay a part of the overhaul. they accept that truck have problem.they keep the truck for over 2 mounts in the service center.when i go over to them thay cant find the parts and one set of lies from management .after i got truck back before the warranty on the overhaul was up .the truck .all of the oil in the engine all most burned out.the engine all most broke .i spoke to management agen they keep running me around and after tell me i have to buy a short block for 9000 usd told them thy are crazy.i told them thy no of the problem before the warranty was up .and they refuse to fix it, every time go over the sevice center no one cant tell me eney thing and have hold on like i am a j...if you can help solve this problem with out a fit . my email dionromney@hotmail.com tel 3475277647 or 5995206665 cel i cant not one to help me the service bad and thay rip you off

• Go
      25th of Feb, 2015

Nissan Automobile is putting all their consumers' lives at risk now. In 2010 we bought a brand new Nissan LaFesta station wagon in Japan, it's only has 50, 000 km and 5 years. A month ago, I realized the airbag light blinking, however, due to busy with work and kids we just made an appointment today and have them check the problem. They told us that they will not pay for the because our warranty just ran out 2 days ago. The mechanic told us if there is accident the airbag won't deploy because the censer is broken. So we told them that the problem started even before the warranty ran out despite of we didn't know anything about that. But this is the most important part of the car. It's about the customers's lives. Airbag won't deploy if accident happened??? I asked the vice president are all the Nissan products start to break in 3 - 5 years or whatever the warranty runs out, and he said yes and this just happened to be 5 years. I just couldn't believe the vice president of Nissan store said something like that to customers. I would reconsider buying Nissan products again.