Tribute Mastercard / Scam

Tribute Mastercard
I opened a Tribute Mastercard account one year ago. I've paid all my payments on time, and above my minimum payment. I was given two credit line increases for being a "good customer". Last week my online pharmacy charged something to my card that I had not ordered, and which put me $20 over my credit limit. I immediately sent in a payment to bring my balance down. Two days later Tribute cancelled and closed my account and upped my interest rate to 35%!

Basically this whole thing was a scam. The company waits for a customer to make the most minor infraction, knowing that almost everyone will either be a day late or go over their limit at some point, then they close the account and rob you blind with a bogus APR increase. I've filed a complaint with the FTC and advise nobody to do business with them

They are owned by First Bank of Delaware so beware of them as well.

A  27th of Mar, 2009 by
this is a worthless creditcard company i wish the feds would shut them down...
N  18th of Apr, 2009 by
then maybe both of you should try a debit card, perhaps reverting back to cash. Some people can't help it, they just do not know how to juggle finances.
N  3rd of Sep, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I opened my account with tribute on 09/02/2008 & to date I haven't had any problems with them. I started off at the $ 70.00 credit limit and I'm not at $ 750.00 in only 1 year. I just hope they don't pull any fast 1's on me like they apparently had done to some people. If anything changes I'll report back but, as of now, I haven't had any trouble with them. Also, I've heard that they were closing all accounts as of early this year but, Mine is still open & I just got another CLI yesterday. Not sure if they are closing accounts anymore but, someone told me the company is healthy & functioning well.
A  4th of Sep, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
They are closing all lines of credit.. Mine just got shut down after making a $200 payment.
N  16th of Sep, 2009 by
Alot of people are gettng CLIs, but try to use it. Everyone else who just got increases, tried and OOPS! No way, Jose. I have been a member since 07 and always on time, over pay. I got my letter. Mooke, are you saying these people can't do their finances? Shame on you. A Bank or Credit Card company should never APPROVE an amount over your limit. That is one reason consumers are having a hard time. The OD fees alone would take care of the HealthCare problem. Not everone is perfect.
A  26th of Sep, 2010 by
i agree they pulled the credit card but people that had balances are paying the price trying to pay it off while doing so tribute charges more and more to the account since they closed the tribute mastercard out my balance was $360.00 i have been paying it down each month i got my statement in the mail i owe $460+ not right at all