Tribute Mastercard / Scam
I opened a Tribute Mastercard account one year ago. I've paid all my payments on time, and above my minimum payment. I was given two credit line increases for being a "good customer". Last week my online pharmacy charged something to my card that I had not ordered, and which put me $20 over my credit limit. I immediately sent in a payment to bring my balance down. Two days later Tribute cancelled and closed my account and upped my interest rate to 35%!
Basically this whole thing was a scam. The company waits for a customer to make the most minor infraction, knowing that almost everyone will either be a day late or go over their limit at some point, then they close the account and rob you blind with a bogus APR increase. I've filed a complaint with the FTC and advise nobody to do business with them
They are owned by First Bank of Delaware so beware of them as well.
More Tribute Mastercard Complaints & Reviews
- Tribute Mastercard - Card Closure 
- Tribute Mastercard - Account closure 
- Tribute Mastercard - unexplained account closing 
- Tribute Mastercard - I FIXED MY PROBLEMS PLEASE READ 
- Tribute Mastercard - Bogess Cancellation
- Tribute Mastercard - fraudulent credit compaby
- Tribute Mastercard - They are so cold and unresponsive to their once-best customers
- Tribute Mastercard - UNFAIR CC PRACTICE 
- Tribute Mastercard - Closed Account and still charging me 
- Tribute Mastercard - unfair business acts