Tribute Credit Card / Fraud and cheating
I purchased the "Cardsafe" disability insurance, and unfortunately had to use it...it was in effect until the annual fee was due. Even though "CardSafe" is purchased to hold off those fees until I was released back to work... I had sent a Physician's claim form in on 8/20/08... received a letter on 8/28/08 stating that I was approved on 8/28/08, which stated " Your request has been approved! Your obligations to make minimum payments has been deferred for 1 month. Then it says: While your obligation to make minimum payments has been deferred, any applicable fees including "CardSafe Product fees, over limit fees, late fees, annual fees, or other account fees will continue to be charged and finance charges will accrue on your account during the activation period. What the heck does the purchased protection protect? Then on 9/20/08 I receive a notice from Tribute stating that because my card had gone over the limit by 79.00, the card has been terminated and the full balance is now due. (incidentally, I had sent two payments to Tribute in August, just to help reduce the balance).
I call and get a older Spanish lady who does not understand English very well, and every time I asked a question or informed her of anything, or actually just said anything... she responded "your balance on your account is 579.00... please send in payment!" If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it, as my credit is just about ironed out after an tough point in 2001 that caused some bad entries on my credit report.
More Tribute Credit Card Complaints & Reviews
- Tribute Credit Card - Cancellation 
- Tribute Credit Card - cancelled Card
- Tribute Credit Card - canceled card 
- Tribute Credit Card - Cancelled my card 
- Tribute Credit Card - unfair charges 
- Tribute Credit Card - overpayment 
- Tribute Credit Card - Unfair cancellation and constant monthly billing 
- Tribute Credit Card - Cancellation-Maintenance Fees 
- Tribute Credit Card - Account Closure 
- Tribute Credit Card - Unauthorized charges