Tribute Credit Card / Fraud and cheating

United States Review updated:

I purchased the "Cardsafe" disability insurance, and unfortunately had to use it...it was in effect until the annual fee was due. Even though "CardSafe" is purchased to hold off those fees until I was released back to work... I had sent a Physician's claim form in on 8/20/08... received a letter on 8/28/08 stating that I was approved on 8/28/08, which stated " Your request has been approved! Your obligations to make minimum payments has been deferred for 1 month. Then it says: While your obligation to make minimum payments has been deferred, any applicable fees including "CardSafe Product fees, over limit fees, late fees, annual fees, or other account fees will continue to be charged and finance charges will accrue on your account during the activation period. What the heck does the purchased protection protect? Then on 9/20/08 I receive a notice from Tribute stating that because my card had gone over the limit by 79.00, the card has been terminated and the full balance is now due. (incidentally, I had sent two payments to Tribute in August, just to help reduce the balance).

I call and get a older Spanish lady who does not understand English very well, and every time I asked a question or informed her of anything, or actually just said anything... she responded "your balance on your account is 579.00... please send in payment!" If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it, as my credit is just about ironed out after an tough point in 2001 that caused some bad entries on my credit report.
Va

Comments

Sm
  26th of Sep, 2008
the same thing happened to me recently it seems so extreme! I am shocked.
Je
  11th of Oct, 2008
I had the same thing happen to me. They had just increased my credit and lowered my annual fee because I was such a "good customer" I also had paid twice in Sept and when I called the woman just kept repeating her mantra, customer service, BS so I hung up on her. It really makes me mad, but I have heard a lot of similar stories. I think they are closing down.
Mg
  15th of May, 2009
Please stay away from Tribute Credit Cards!! I have NEVER been late with a payment or been OVER CREDIT LIMIT with them. However, a couple of months ago, I noticed that someone has bought out my card balance. Not only that...but, $200.00 more than I owed. I called this morning to find out what the deal was. I was told by a woman that can't speak english well, " Your charging ability has been suspended." When I asked why, she stated "You are over limit and have several late fees, you didn't uphold the agreement". Well, to say the least, I was livid. I tried to explain that I never went over the limit and that I did not have late fees. I asked her to let me speak with a supervisor and she refused. This company is BOGUS!!! STAY AWAY!!! THEY DO NOT HELP YOU TO RE-ESTABLISH YOUR CREDIT!!! THEY DESTROY YOUR CREDIT~~~~THEY FALSELY REPORT TO THE CREDIT BUREAU~~~THERE GOES ALL YOUR HARD WORK!!!