Tranquility Alley / Worst company ever!

1 Naperville, IL, United States Review updated:

I ordered two wrought iron wall hangings in October of 2007from this company. My credit card was charged immediately for 727.97. A few days later I checked my online statement and they had charged me an additional 769.77. After many emails and messages left on answering machine I finally got a response from them stating that the second charge would be reversed. That, to date (jan,2008) has not happened. After several more emails requesting the status of my order and not getting any response, I tried to cancel my order. They responded saying that they were on their way and I would be getting a 20% refund for my trouble. Again as of this date, no refund,reversal of charges and no wall hangings. I then contacted the Better Business Bureau to lodge a complaint, and my bank to dispute the charges. I notified Tranquility Alley of my actions and they again stated that the charges had been reversed and to please cancel the dispute with my bank. I agreed that I would cancel the dispute but I was giving them a week to show activity on my account. A week later I reinstated the dispute. To date the bank has reversed one of the charges but the other one is still in process.I wish I had checked out the company on the BBB website as of November 2007 they had had over 75 complaints lodged against them in the last 36 months.Checking the BBB site today there has been 89 complaints against them. How they remain in business is beyond me. Why they are not in jail for fraud is beyond me.

This is a HORRIBLE company to do business with Don't waste your time or money with them

Comments

• Ti
      4th of May, 2008

Oh my gosh! I only wish I had checked further before ordering an expensive furniture order! Has anyone pressed charges against this company? Please advise if you have any success in recovering your money. How can they get away with this????

• Ha
      16th of Jul, 2008

I have placed an order Feb 3, 2008 and to date still have not received order (July 16), many emails to this company and now not even receiving a response. My credit card was charged immediately after the order was placed. This company should be shut down so that other people do not get scammed.

• Ta
      10th of Nov, 2008

Call your credit card company and tell them you need a chargeback. It will credit the money back to your account and charge TA a fee. They will have to show proof that they mailed you the item, (which they DID NOT) and you should recieve a full refund. I am waiting for confirmation from them that I never recieved the bag I ordered. I have also filed a complaint with the BBB. I suggest you do the same!!

• Gi
      29th of May, 2009

I ordered a Blessing Bowl 3 weeks ago and it still hasn't been delivered. This is a sca.

5th of Aug, 2009

I placed an order with this company in July 2009. My credit card was charged immediately after the order was placed. On the website it says your credit card statement will be billed as Tranquility Alley. It is billed as Arteologie. I agree this company should be shut down by the BBB. I tried contacting this company by email and by phone...big shock the telephone number was no longer in service!! It has been weeks since I placed this order and it is no where in sight. I contacted my credit card company and disputed the charges. Hopefully, that will resolve the issue. If not I guess I should be glad I spent under $100.00.

5th of Aug, 2009

In additon if you check the website for Arteologie, the site is "under construction". It asks you to please check back soon...retail location opening this fall. Looks as if they will be carrying the same kind of merchandise?? Makes me wonder if it is the same people setting up the same scam under a different name!!! This should be illegal!! Can you say FRAUD? At some point, I hope the law will catch up to them and they will be doing some jail time.

5th of Aug, 2009

And both companies are located in Naperville, Illinois. I think that something stinks here!!!

• Al
    UNKNOWN
    Phone: UNKNOWN
    TRANQUILITYALLEY@SBCGLOBAL.NET

I ordered a "wine bottle metal art' wall decoration in sept.09,
    They rejected my paypal pmt. And asked for a check. Like an idiot.. I sent them one for 86 dollars... Which has been cashed.
    I still have not received my merchandise... With no word whatsoever from them about its whereabouts...
    I emailed them to ask them to find out about it. They emailed me back to say they would check on it the following monday.
    This is the following friday, and i've heard nothing still. I can find no address on the email site, or phone number...
    Is there any way to get my money back... ?
    My email is angelhart813@insightbb.com
    Valerie roberts
    710 fisher ln
    Mt. Washington, ky 40047
    502-538-2572

11th of Nov, 2009

My name is Marco, I met Anita Bolsoni (Langeland), owner of online business of Tranquility Alley, Tesori Rari, and Arteologie different names for the same scam. Been deceived as an artist, she used me and my social security number for various scams. After a few months of living with her, I found out about the whole scam. She completely ruined my credit score and put me through horrible misery. I am trying to pursuit her through appropriate authorities, however, please team up with me against this injustice to people that paid for merchandise and never received it. After hundreds of complaints, I advise everyone to stay away from this fraudulant business as she is continuing to run it. I have contacted Hinsdale, Downers Grove, Naperville, Elmhurst police stations about this situation. You are free to contact them and tell them your complaint, so we can put an end to this scam artist as she has no regard or respect for honest people.

• Je
      6th of Feb, 2010

Brought a $32.00 item and my card was charged $554.00. The bank is going to go after them

• Ar
      16th of Feb, 2010
    Tranquility Alley - Never received product
    Tranquility Alley

I ordered a bamboo curtain on January 7, 2010. An e-mail after the order alerted that it would be 7-10 days to receive the curtain. After 4 weeks I started e-mailing Tranquility Alley via their Live Chat button on the web site. I received responses telling me that the otem is a special order and that it is taking longer. After another week I e-mailed again. I was told it was a special order and that there are many crates and such via customs and just hang on. I waited another week and told them to refund my money.

I found the exact item cheaper and ordered it with the thought that Tranquility Alley would be refunding my money. They did not. I received the curtain from the other company in one week.

I have again sent an e-mail to Tranquility Alley about this and asking to refund my money.

I do not see how these people have stayed in business for 8 years as they claim in one of their responses to me. How do these people look themselves inthe mirror each morning? How can they maintain customers? They need to be knocked out of business for poor practices.

I feel they have STOLEN my money from me!!!

SHAME ON YOU TRANQUILITY ALLEY!!!

• Ju
      20th of Feb, 2010

I ordered a product that cost more than 150.00 dollars. Never recieved the product just allot of promises of a refund.

Juleen at sjfjkf53@aol.com

• Ro
      20th of Feb, 2010

I, too, was taken by this compan for two payments of $229.37. First I sent them the money for my order by PayPal and they send they did not receive it. I sent them the copy of the PayPal transaction that indicated it was received by Olivia Langeland. They said it was not received and they said they canceled the PayPal transaction. I should have checked my PayPal account to make sure the money was not taken out, but I did not and sent them, as they requested, payment through Google for another $229.37.
    I have been trying for the past 3 weeks now to get my money back and have canceled the order.
    I contacted my bankand reported the potential fraud and had a hold put on my credit card. I also contacted PayPal and reported the Fraud.
    This is the first time I have been taken in like this and now I know what to look for...I will be contacting the police and the newspapers in Il on Monday. I hope she "enjoys" Jail.

• Le
      11th of Apr, 2010

I ordered a plate rack on April 1. I have not receied the merchandise, have been charged and can get no response from them. They truly are a scam.

• Ra
      16th of Aug, 2010

Well, here's another person who was "had" by Tranquility Alley. I also gave them my credit card number for bamboo curtains ordered (in March - it's now almost Septmeber) but was told ". . . the payment did not process at checkout because we are having technical issues with our new system. In order to finalize the order please mail payment as follows . . . a check or money order . . . payable to O. Langeland, 865 E 22nd St. #302, Lombard, IL 60148." So I sent her a check and waited and waited and waited. I've written e-mails every month since March with no response. Any of you living in Illinois? Maybe you could catch up with this scammer. She's a real piece of work.

I'm a retiree on a fixed income; this was a truly dirty trick.

• Bl
      12th of Oct, 2011

12 weeks after order item never delivered, emails unanswered, phone disconnected (now back but they never answer), ideelworld website down, and when they answered (by Charles or now A from Tranquility Alley which they have merged with) they just BS and won't cancel my order and refund my money which I have asked for several times. And Moneybookers can't do anything, so now I'm going thru my bank. Stay away from these folks!

20th of Dec, 2011

Its all true and now she is running a new scam its called www.shopbeyondthis.com anita langeland will take money from anyone she is a criminal and and huge scam artist.

20th of Dec, 2011

Anita langeland is running a new scam she stole money from me and now she is running a site called www.shopbeyondthis.com be aware she will do anything and say anything to get your money

• Rm
      3rd of Jan, 2012

Ugh. I am so sad to read this. I spent $200 on shopbeyondthis.com. I wonder if I can get it back. It's been two months and I never received anything.

• De
      6th of Mar, 2016

Anita Langeland Bolsoni is at it again. Unfortunately she's brought an unknowing partner into her latest online retail scam. The new scam is called FOODIE CITY NETWORK. You can "purchase" prepared food boxes that can be sent to you on a monthly basis. Tried to purchase a box only to be told that the company isn't quite ready yet to send orders (but yet you can place an order?!?) Interesting... Used PayPal and luckily received prompt refund. We were just "testing" the validity of this company as we are quite aware of her past scams with many, many other online businesses. The only reasoning for this "testing" was as I stated before, she's unknowingly dragged her live in boyfriend into her latest scam. We hope that this can be stopped before innocent consumers are scammed once again by ANITA LANGELAND BOLSONI

• Pi
      29th of Mar, 2018

@Deafgirl She has married, her last name is now Holcolm. She’s also using Hansen. She’s got 2 new companies Crave. Taste. Eat Products and also Garden & Table. BUYER BEWARE