Trafford Publishing / Warning - stay away from this company
I placed my first book with Trafford in 2005 because their marketing material at the time stated they were a UK company. I did all the formatting, cover design etc..., they had nothing to do except take my money. I only found out they weren't based in UK when they requested an extortionate fee for shipping books to me. They'’ve been reporting on Amazon.com since 2005 that my book is out of print???
I’ve tried to rectify this problem with them many times but to no avail. Of the copies they sold, they still have not paid me the royalties!!! I'd also add that I know some UK libraries ordered my book from Trafford back in 2006 but these sales never showed up on my account. Is this fraud or just incompetence?
The service I have had from Trafford over the years has been so bad that I eventually gave up even trying to sort it out. Every so often they ring me trying to sell my more packages and each time I discuss the problems. The staff I’ve spoken to over the years have been very pleasant and accommodating, promising to sort things out, and yet nothing ever changes. My book sells OK through private sales and my own website and there is no reason for it to be still listed with them. I've asked repeatedly that they remove my book from their listings but they do not respond. I've just checked their website again today and see they have now, finally, removed it. I guess that means that the contract has been terminated but I don't have their confirmation of this. I'm worried about the legal position. I also assume that I have to say goodbye to my Royalties.
To all budding authors I would say this, there is absolutely no need for companys like Trafford to exist any longer. Kindle your book and check out Amazon's free CreateSpace - they produce and ship a print copy of your book on demand, and it costs you NOTHING!.
Bad show Trafford - you are a disgrace to the publishing business.
More Trafford Publishing Complaints & Reviews
- Trafford Publishing - Fraudulent 14 names one address all them will scam you out of your money 
- Trafford Publishing - Company does not deliver service 
- Trafford Publishing - yeah trafford sucks 
- Trafford Publishing - Fraudulent Sales Techniques 
- Trafford Publishing - No royalties yet book is being sold 
- Trafford Publishing Editorial - Discrimination
- Trafford Publishing - Trafford Publishing - Charrise Atkins 
- Trafford Publishing Company - Fraud case
- Trafford Publishing - Price 
- Trafford Publishing - Unauthorized Visa Charges