Trading Planet Ltd / free trial scam

1 New Zealand Review updated:

It is 10:30pm (NZ Time)8/9/09- I have wasted 10 mins talking to 3 different customer service tonight . What I thought was a free 15 day trial purchase turned out to cost me $180.89 (nZ dollars) for each product of ACAI BERRY and COLON CLEANNER
After signing up I tried to cancel when the product didnot turn up WITHIN 10 DAYS.
But off course with the time differences if was quite difficult especially with no email or voicemail available TO GET THRU TO CUSTOMER SERVICE.
And on the occassion that I did get thru their computer systems was conveiently down- communication were dead.
Finally on the 20th of August I got thru and cancelled the order that I had placed on the 4/8/09.
The customer service assured that all orders had been cancelled and I wouldn't be charged .
But come the first month banking statement I was billed $180.89 (nZ dollars) for each product .
I had read the fine print and done things accordingly, I got caught within the time differences and the very unhelpful customer services.This company are using the terms and condition to hide this scam .

OVERSEAS BUYER BEWARE-THERE IS NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AS SUCH, YOUR CALLS WILL BE ANSWERED AND HANG ON, YOU WILL BE TOLD THAT THE COMPUTER SYSTEMS DOWN AND SO THEY DELAY YOUR REQUEST UNTILL IT'S TOOOO LATTEE!!! SIMPLY TO DO NOT SUPPORT THIS COMPANY##!!

As

Comments

• Ni
      9th of Sep, 2009

I was ripped of to. The contact details I have are false.My account was debited and no products arrived. I've cancelled my card

9th of Sep, 2009

I too was billed last month for £123.00 + after the initial supposed trial cost for 15 days supply - that didnt arrive in time for me even to try 1 tablet before the 15 days was up - think they are sending out just in time to cover the 15 days trial and then billed afterwards - I cancelled my card right away after they too the money out of my account and have filled a form in with my card company who are going to try and get me my money back - there must be something wrong in their details that we can dispute the 15 days supposed free trial when you dont get 15 days to try them out - have also sent an email to the Sun Newspaper on this - would possibly help if more people followed suit and pestered the national newspapers to get this scam stopped!!

• Vi
      21st of Oct, 2009

From Canada, same story, thought they were sending some free samples, not a whole bottle, got billed on Visa for $266. Canadian two months later. But, sneakily, they billed the acai berry and colon cleanse as skin care products. Someone might inadvertently think they purchased skin care products and let this scam continue. This company should be investigated by the authorities!