Toyota South / unauthorized credit check

1 6865 Jonesboro RoadMorrow, GA, United States

I was informed by a Credit Card Company that I was denied credit because there was one too many inquiries made on my credit history

I later found out from TransUnion that Toyota South had made an inquiry on 03/28/2008, and this was unknown to me and without my permission.

I had received a flier from the Company that I had won a prize. When I visited I was told that I had to register before being able to receive the prize, which was said to be a Wal Mart gift card of an unspecified amount. During the registration process, I was offerred to purchase a car, which I promptly declined.They tried getting me to change my mind but I insisted that I was there to collect the prize. I was subsequently told that all the prizes were already distributed and none was available for me.

Some time later I found out that the Company had actually checked my credit while I was there to collect the prize.

I had since contacted the Company, and first there was a denial and when I mentioned the evidence from TransUnion, the official claimed that the registration process was their clue to check my credit.

I am seeking some form of satisfaction and for this Company to be sanctioned for their dishonesty and deception. They should also remove the inquiry from my credit history.

Va