Toyota South / unauthorized credit check
I was informed by a Credit Card Company that I was denied credit because there was one too many inquiries made on my credit history
I later found out from TransUnion that Toyota South had made an inquiry on 03/28/2008, and this was unknown to me and without my permission.
I had received a flier from the Company that I had won a prize. When I visited I was told that I had to register before being able to receive the prize, which was said to be a Wal Mart gift card of an unspecified amount. During the registration process, I was offerred to purchase a car, which I promptly declined.They tried getting me to change my mind but I insisted that I was there to collect the prize. I was subsequently told that all the prizes were already distributed and none was available for me.
Some time later I found out that the Company had actually checked my credit while I was there to collect the prize.
I had since contacted the Company, and first there was a denial and when I mentioned the evidence from TransUnion, the official claimed that the registration process was their clue to check my credit.
I am seeking some form of satisfaction and for this Company to be sanctioned for their dishonesty and deception. They should also remove the inquiry from my credit history.
More Toyota South Complaints & Reviews
- Toyota corolla 141 - low fuel consumption rate 
- Toyota Vios - engine knocking sound 
- Toyota International Lotto (Headquarter), japan - no response regarding toyota car international promotion program 
- Toyota Lottery Award - scam lottery! 
- Toyota / MMT Gearbox - dishonest sales tactics - advertising and selling vehicles equipped with mmt gearbox as automatic 
- Toyota Motor Corporation - Innova Crysta Car Insurance Settelement
- Toyota Motor Corporation - Ending a lease and trying to get a new lease
- Toyota Motor Corporation - Car purchases
- Toyota Motor Corporation - toyota prius 2011
- Toyota Motor Corporation - my life threatening car!!!