Total Cleanse / Charged money during free trial and not able to contact customer service

134 NW 16th St Suite 1Boca Raton, FL, United States Review updated:
4.6
Phone: 8663200038

I ordered the 15 day trial- I was told my product would arrive on 10/30 and I would have 15 days from the shipping date to try the order before my account would be charged the full amount. They charged the account 2 days after I ordered, it is now 11/3 and no product has been delivered to my house. I have repeatedly tried to call customer service to adress these issues, but everytime it rings once or twice and then an automated recording states that "all circuits are currently busy". I now may have to close my bank account.
Me

Comments

Cr
  9th of Nov, 2008
This place I am having HARD time gettin' through, it says that the number I have dialed is incomplete or not working at this time!! 18663200038
El
  9th of Nov, 2008
This is a total scam. I too ordered the trial period and then was charge $78.82. The phone number the bank gave me to dispute the claim is not a valid number. It does not even ring, it just automatically disconnects.

BEWARE!!!
Se
  9th of Nov, 2008
This is a complete rip off! They tell you to call the number listed in order to cancel before the trail period ends. However, that number does not exist. No one answers, no machine, it just cuts you off immediately. I had to cancel my account but I am still out over $100. Unbelievable!

DO NOT ORDER --- THESE GUYS ARE CROOKS!
Ri
  10th of Nov, 2008
we've all been duped! Now the question is what can be done about it. This forum is not going to get our money back nor stop them from scamming others. We need HELP!
Am
  10th of Nov, 2008
Yes!!! We have all been scammed, I have too ordered the Total Cleanse and cannot reach them. I was able to get my money returned to me from Aci Berry for $89.00 and fron the "Fit" program, that I knew nothing about, for $29.95. Because of Total Cleanse I am over drawn in my account and I am very FRUSTRATED! I learned a valuable lesson, NEVER EVER order anything online. The number 18663200038 is FALSE if you have any information for any of us or if you can help us STOP these people or find them PLEASE contact us!

H E L P
Th
  13th of Nov, 2008
I, too, discovered the BOGUS customer service number, which prevented me from calling to cancel during the free trial period. Also, they processed the 2nd charge to my credit card BEFORE the 15 days were up. (This was actually bad for them, though, because it strengthens my case for a disputed charge with my credit card company.)

NO ONE should buy this product! And if you have been scammed like the rest of us, call your credit card company to dispute the charge. They will treat it as a disputed charge on grounds of attempted cancellation and, in my case, of violating their stated terms of agreement.

It's also important that if you receive any additional product, you need to get a receipt when you return it to sender. That way you can prove that you did not keep any product for which you did not intend to pay.
  15th of Nov, 2008
I too have been scammed with total cleanse. I ordered the acai berry stuff too. I tried calling both companies 800 numbers to cancel and I've had much trouble with both numbers. I started trying on oct 21 and finally got through to the acai berry stuff on Oct 30. A young woman answered and I told her I wanted to cancel the automatic shipments. She said no problem and would but said that the automatic shipment already left and I told her that I did not want my credit card charged for the $89.31 and did not want the stuff and have been trying for 8 days to call without success. She said that I could keep the stuff if it arrives. $89 worth of stuff? Um, yeah right. Needless to say, she acted like she was high on somthing. I noticed the next day that my cc had been charged the $89.31 I immediatly called my cc company and told them what happened. They said to keep watch for any other unauthorized charges but would go ahead and dispute the $89. I tried calling back acai berry about the charges and after a long wait on hold, a young guy anwered. I told him that I did not want the stuff and could not get ahold of anyone. He told me rudly, "ma'am there's nothing i can do about it." I told him that was total BS and then he said that he didn't have to put up with my profanity and hung up. I called back and reached the same jerk. He hung up on me 3 more times. Finally on my 4th attempt, I was able to speak to a so called manager and she said that the account was answered but I would have to send the junk back. I normally don't lose my temper with cs reps but I felt that I had every right to with these scammers. I screamed at her for several minutes about all the frustration I've went though. She said that if I get a tracking number from the PO, I could call that number back and they will credit my cc immediately. Yeah, we'll see. I just received the junk yesterday so now I have to spend my time in a long line and now pay to ship the crap back. She said I could refuse it but then they won't credit the card until the merchandise was received. Yeah, like I want to do that and have them say, no we never received it. The number 877-350-8480 for them is best reached on evenings or the weekends I've noticed but you still have to be on hold for at least 30 mins. Thank goodness for speaker phone! I hope that helps anyone for acai berry.

I'm having the same problems dialing the 866-320-0038 too for Total Cleanse. It either disconnects me after 15 secs or I get a busy signal. After 6pm est, I receive a recorded message saying to call back during normal business hours. My cc has also been charged $78.84. I called and reported that to my cc company too and they said mastercard will investigate both companies. So far I've receive a credit for both amounts while this is being disputed but I'm still very angry that the credit card companies still take a loss if they cannot reverse the charges and who ends up paying for it in the long run? Everyone. One other thing that is bizarre is my credit card company gave me another 800 number listed under the total cleanse free sample shipping and it was 877-859-1069. I tried calling it a few times and asked if I reached total cleanse. The first two times, I reached a woman and she said yes. She asked me for my phone number and zip to pull up the account. After she verified my name, then I was disconnected. I called back and the same thing happened. The third time I called, I reached a guy and he told me that total clense was affiliated with acai berry but he could only help acai berry customers and he apologized. I still cannot reach the orginal number. I'm waiting to receive the total cleanse stuff so I can ship it back the same day I ship back the acai berry stuff. My cc company told me if I ship both items back with tracking numbers, I have proof I sent it back and did what I was supposed to along with all the phone calls. They told me that in most cases it will be resolved. I hope so.

Far as what can we do to stop this ... Get the word out. I ordered this junk from ads on myspace. I've written blogs about it on my page and I also contacted myspace about it but I've yet to hear from them. I'm going to create a separate myspace account that exposes scammers. That way others can share their scam stories too. The credit card companies will also shut them down too if they receive enough complaints, which I'm sure they will. I hope any of this helps someone else and these crooks will get caught and be put in prison for hopefully the rest of their lives.
  15th of Nov, 2008
Oops I meant to hit agree and not disagree on my previous comment.
  15th of Nov, 2008
Here's a myspace page that educates others about online scams. If you have a page, please visit this link to add yourself.

Ki
  18th of Nov, 2008
THIS PLACE IS RIDICULOUS, I NOW HAVE MY LAWYER WORKING ON IT, AND HAVE REPORTED IT TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND THE ATTORNEY GENERAL!!! DO NOT ORDER THIS, . IT IS A SCAM, AND I FEEL LIKE SUCH A FOOL!
  18th of Nov, 2008
I've called my cc company and this is what you do ...

Whenever you see the unauthorized charges, call your cc asap. They will dispute the charges to the merchant and will recall the money back. After a few times of this happening, most scam artists give up because it costs them money for this to happen. I hope that helps. I had yet another charge for Total Cleanse and it isn't the same amount as quoted before. I hope these crooks are caught and rot in jail for the rest of their lives.
  18th of Nov, 2008
Now the 800# appears to be disconnected. Gee I wonder why.
Re
  18th of Nov, 2008
THIS IS A SCAM!!! The product arrived on time and when I rereatedly tried to call the company (1 866 320 0038) to cancel, I get the message " This is not an assigned number", followed by a busy signal. The only thing I can think to do is to stop it at the bank, in which you can not authorize the charge. These people are CROOKS!!!
Vi
  19th of Nov, 2008
I to got sucked into the advertisment of this product. However, there is light at the end of the tunnel. I call 1-888-582-8080 just this morning, was on hold for 20 minutes and spoke with Jamie (she's the only Jamie at the company) after receiving the rath from me, she did cancel my order & told me that it would take their refund department 3-5 buisness days to refund my credit card. Let this be a lesson learned to all of us looking for that mericle product, you really can't trust these fly by night companies especially with our financial information, but to we must read the fine print.
St
  19th of Nov, 2008
I am going through the same thing! I have ordered many things from the internet and have never had a problem like I am having now -all I want to do is cancel the Total Clense and can not reach a person - I cancelled my credit card number today - what a nightmare!!
Je
  21st of Nov, 2008
I did the same thing, and after I tried calling today to cancel, I found out that is was a scam.
After reading others on here, I went to the website and canceled my order. I received a confirmation by e-mail that is was canceled. I am going to keep an eye on my bank to make sure they don't take any more money.
Website to contact them is www.ebizprogram.com. Go to Contact Us at bottom of page, then go to LIVE CHAR.
I only had to wait a few minutes.
Hope this helps!
Mi
  21st of Nov, 2008
I got scammed by the total clense trial... I tried to call the number to cancel my order and it was a false #, then I got on this site and read everything. Luckily I called me cc company and totally blocked my card because they hadn't charged me the $78 yet. unfortunately i don't have a cc for the next 7-10 days... i'm quite upset about it all that is total BS!!!
Di
  21st of Nov, 2008
I, too, found the number to be fake. Thankfully my bank saw it before I even realized. They put a hold on my cc. When I called them about the cancellation, or lack there of, they recomended cancelling the card and opening a new one. So, I am out the use of my card for the next 7-10 days, but no money. My husband googled the number, after I could not get thru. He found this page and alerted me as I was calling the bank. So, these comments are helping some of us. Thank you.
Ja
  24th of Nov, 2008
Hey Guys,

I too had the same problem.. its seems there is a LOT of people in our situation. That's a LOT of phone calls, probably killing there system. I found they have changed some things on there website such as the live chat (which i used to cancel) and miraculosly there now is an email address on the contact page support@sflnutrition.com. Hope this helps. Seems like our complaints are paying off!!

Jay
  25th of Nov, 2008
If any of you are myspace users, please go to this website and add yourself as a friend. It's there to help alert others about this scam and others like it. If you would like to share your story on this page, just send a message. Here's the website address: http://www.myspace.com/stoponlinescams This will spread the word even more since many of these ads are on myspace.
I finally was able to click on the link for live chat too and cancelled my order. (thanks to all of you! I would have never found it if it wasn't for this page.) The representative told me it was always there, which it wasn't. My cc has disputed them and they finally credited the amount.