Total Body Experts / Bogus Prices, Scam, Fraud

1 Hawthorne, CA, United States Review updated:

TotalBodyExperts have posted their bogus offers on various cities’ Craigslist sites using phony websites to make the same fraudulent offer. The most recent bogus site allegedly offering the discounted equipment was www.Totalbodyexperts.com

To avoid falling victim to this scam, the BBB has advised consumers to be wary of all Craigslist ads that link to websites where home exercise equipment is offered at a steep discount, especially when they ask customers to wire money. Keep away from these people. Don’t fall victim to the scam of Marc Erickson or Total Body Experts.

Th
Apr 20, 2016

Comments

• Ke
      25th of Apr, 2016

Don't buy from Total Body Experts! I'm starting to think it's a scam. And I did a lot of research before ordering from them. Ordered a bike on 1/30/16 and still no bike. I was told that the bike would arrive the week of 3/7 at the latest. Now, no response to my customer service inquiries and no refund to my credit card. By the way, your credit card is charged upon order. Working with my credit card company to get a refund and filed a complaint with the BBB today. I also paid for lifetime in-home warranty and not thinking I will ever get that service.

• Bo
      28th of Oct, 2018

I am having the same problem. They send you a receipt after the purchase which lists all the conditions and terms. At that point it is too late to return the item even though they have done nothing to prepare it for shipping. They are trying to charge me $400 for cancelling my order. STAY AWAY!!!

• Mg
      19th of Dec, 2018

I placed an order with TotalBodyExperts on October 22 for two cybex arc trainers. They are all there and extremely responsive when it comes to making a sale and that is the reason why there are so many initial positive reviews. However, after that, customer service is non existent.

My first issue started when my order kept being postponed and was kept in the dark. It was finally delivered on December 16 - almost 60 days after the order.

What is more disturbing is that the first machine arrived defective and died less than 12 hours after delivery and the second one made a vibrating sound. They led me to believe that all the time it took for them to send the machines is solely because they go through "vigorous testing" and that takes time. Hmm sounds about right.

I emailed them and asked them to come pick it up and take them back. I don't trust them, nor do I trust their machines. They viewed the email more than 13 times but never once in the 13 times bothered to reply to my email.

I uploaded images and I plan on removing the review once they resolve the issue by picking up the machines and issuing a full refund.

• Pr
      19th of Jan, 2019

I unknowingly purchased a used treadmill from this company (their secret "alias" on eBay is "healthylivingfitness"). Had I known which company I was actually purchasing from & had I read all of the bad reviews on here/elsewhere in advance, I would NEVER have wasted my time or money (hence the likely reason why their "alias" account on eBay makes no mention of the company you're actually purchasing from [you only find this out upon reviewing your Paypal transaction receipt AFTER you have already paid for the item]). I paid nearly $3K on what was supposed to be a "rebuilt" treadmill. I was promised a "3-4 week" lead time, communication all but ceased once I paid, & I had to constantly hound the company rep for updates on the progress/etc. as the company continued to string me along right past the "4 week" mark. After being lied to several times (in regards to parts that were supposed to be ordered way back when I first sent payment/etc./etc.), the treadmill didn't ship out until exactly 6 weeks/3 days after I paid. From there, it arrived to some undisclosed local hub at 6 weeks/6 days after I paid, & after 7 weeks/1 day I had to personally hunt for the contact number for the freight shipping company (in order to call the company directly rather than experience what was actually promised [aka-the freight shipping company calling ME to schedule delivery once my treadmill reached the hub]). After taking time out of my day to PERSONALLY schedule the delivery for the following evening (on a RECORDED LINE), the freight shipping company stood me up on the scheduled delivery date, lied claiming that they had nothing scheduled for delivery to my address on that date, tried to push my delivery off to the NEXT day (a day that, at that point, was unavailable as I already had plans), refused to make the delivery on the actual scheduled date, & after making a last ditch effort to call a contact number that I was given for Total Body’s "Logistics Coordinator" by the name of "Pedro" (who doesn't answer his phone & doesn't have his voicemail set up), I was forced to open a case in order to avoid missing the deadline for opening an eBay case for the transaction.

After continuously failing to own up to his own obnoxious mistakes, broken promises & unprofessionalism, the company rep who runs the alias eBay account ("Kevin") became defensive, acting as if he had no clue why the case was even opened (as he CONTINUED to string me along as a means of buying the company more & more time following receipt of my payment WEEKS ago). From there, he promised a phone call from the freight company to reschedule delivery for that following week, I never received ONE call from them by close of business that day (despite Kevin LYING within the case details as he suggested that the freight company tried to call me & wasn't able to leave me a voicemail [my phone works just fine as does my voicemail]), & in the end I still did not have the item I paid nearly $3, 000 dollars for after exactly 7 weeks/3 days from the day I submitted my payment.

After giving this company one chance, after the next, after the next, after the next to TAKE OWNERSHIP & successfully complete this transaction, promises continued to be broken, lies CONTINUED to be told, I continuously had to do THEIR LEGWORK just to ensure that the treadmill even shipped out, & I had to do ADDITIONAL legwork once the treadmill finally arrived to some undisclosed hub in my area. I cannot believe all of the time/energy I have had to invest into this transaction just to complete it, & after all my efforts (efforts that the COMPANY should have been making on MY BEHALF/after getting nearly $3, 000 of MY MONEY) I am just emotionally & mentally drained beyond words. At the time of this review, I have come to the conclusion that I am dealing with a SCAM ARTIST company & I am escalating the eBay case for a full refund. When it comes down to "Total Body Experts" or "healthylivingfitness", all I can say is this; NEVER AGAIN. 7 weeks & 3 days of my life that I can NEVER get back. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. Goodluck.