Time Warner Cableworst customer service i've experienced

T-W is my only internet service provider option in my area in coastal NC. I already had internet with them, and my modem went down, as confirmed by them. As they could not get a tech to replace the modem within 5 days, I agreed to go to the local T-W location (15 miles away) to pick up a new modem. In the meantime, I decided to call and check on their "Triple Play" package, as I thought the happiest day of my life would be when I got rid of DirecTV. We set up an installation for 2 days later, as I would be on business travel the following day. When they did not show up within the appointed time, I went online to see they had, arbitrarily changed the date for 3 days later...when I was out of town, and they did not contact me, as the individual of record for contact on the installation. My documented transcript documented the proper date and time, and of course, T-W advertises their "on time guarantee", which is nothing more than bad lip service, at best. After chatting with 3 "customer service" agents and receiving a phone call from 2 persons (one was transferred), what I heard was "we are sorry that we made a mistake, and there is nothing we can do". I requested they cancel the installation that had been scheduled for 3 days after I was leaving.

Folks, I can't make up this, so please bear with me...it gets much worse. Realizing I needed to get the new modem for my wife while I was gone, I traveled 30 miles to the closest T-W store to pick up a new modem.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Morehead City, NC I get home and do a proper installation (I was a professional musician for many years, so I have a pretty good understanding of this type of installation). When it did not send an internet signal, I went onto the website to have the modem "updated". Nothing..so I did a "chat" with a tech, and he said the modem needed to be initialized and requested to have access to my computer...this I granted, with hesitation and only requested a guarantee no personal files could be accessed. After waiting 10 minutes (he said to give him 2), I sent a note that I was not a happy camper with T-W considering all I had been through today. Transferred me to sales who again tried to ensure the installation on Saturday...I said I only wanted to get my internet up. These "specialists" transferred me 4 times, and no one helped me get the modem initialized...after specifically requesting that was all I wanted. Still don't have internet...and I had to demand to speak to the highest authority possible to ensure the installation was cancelled...all this after telling, no less than 5 persons to cancel this...by they way this is not an option online. It took a final ditch request for a phone call...that was transferred to another person to finally secure a confirmation the installation for other services was cancelled...BUT that we needed to ensure the tech still comes by the next day to fix this internet problem. I wanted to get rid of DirecTV because of their lack of customer service, but compared to what I have experienced (14 pages of chat notes) with T-W, DTV looks like a beauty queen. After today, I do not believe T-W has any ethical value. Beware the classic bait and switch, and don't expect any help in the process.

Ri
Jan 27, 2016

Comments

• Ay
      Jun 30, 2016

Who needs ethical values when you have a monopoly! Residing in coastal N.Carolina 40 miles south of you I feel your pain.
    To change names on our account we call the Wilmington office and asked how to proceed. "Simple, just bring photo ID to the store and we'll take of it." The only thing "simple" was the personnel. No one said it would take 10 days going on 2 weeks. First we "needed" a new box to take advantage of their updated services. During the next 8 days we learned from several "technicians" that a new box was not necessary to change names on an account and the orange dot on it probably meant it was re-furbished. After traveling 30 miles to return home we discovered we had neither phone, internet nor TV service. Using our neighbor's cell phone we called wondering what happened was advised "Be patient". During the next three days I spent over 6 hours on the phone getting the services we paid for up and running. We had several days where everything worked, then one by one they began to shut down. I became more and more upset as the obsequious "technicians" had me relate my problem over and over again with no resolution. The final straw was after setting up an appointment to have a technician come to the house verify my phone connection my phone service was shut off thus they couldn't verify the appointment.
    So here I sit furious, chagrined, and helpless that I had doubted T-W's lousy reputation - probably the result of their monopoly status in NC.

• Ay
      Jun 30, 2016

To change names on our account we call the Wilmington office and asked how to proceed. "Simple, just bring photo ID to the store and we'll take of it." The only thing "simple" was the personnel. No one said it would take 10 days going on 2 weeks. First we "needed" a new box to take advantage of their updated services. During the next 8 days we learned from several "technicians" that a new box was not necessary to change names on an account and the orange dot on it probably meant it was re-furbished. After traveling 30 miles to return home we discovered we had neither phone, internet nor TV service. Using our neighbor's cell phone we called wondering what happened was advised "Be patient". During the next three days I spent over 6 hours on the phone getting the services we paid for up and running. We had several days where everything worked, and then one by one they began to shut down. I became more and more upset as the obsequious "technicians" had me relate my problem over and over again with no resolution. The final straw was after setting up an appointment to have a technician come to the house to verify my phone connection my phone service was shut off thus they couldn't verify the appointment.