[Resolved] / this site is a scam

5 US Review updated:

This site is a scam; when renewing my car's registration online this website came up (sponsored) as the first link. Needing to get my registration done ASAP, I didn't properly vet the site; it's a scam. I was charged a fee for something the state provides for free. I wasn't emailed or shown any kind of proof that my registration was actually renewed and could not get a hold of anyone from the organization. I cancelled my debit card fearing identity theft and further charges.
Don't use it. Go directly to the state's website. That's what I did as soon as i did some light scanning online as to this website's validity.

• Resolution statement

• StateRegistration.org Customer Care's Response, Nov 16, 2017

We are not a scam. We are a legitimate third-party renewal agency. As stated in bold, prominent places throughout our site, you may either renew directly through your state's DMV portal, or you may appoint us as your agent to renew your registration on your behalf for an additional fee that covers several benefits exclusive to our site, including Night/Weekend Support, Ticket Protection, enrollment in our One-Click Renewal Program, and more. We present both options to our site's visitors so they can choose for themselves. Furthermore, before we accept any funds from anyone, we require that each user check a box consenting to our terms and the fact that we are a third-party agency that charges a fee. It is not possible to renew on our site without checking that box and signing your name, explicitly authorizing us -- as a third party -- to process your renewal. Our service is not a "bogus scam" -- we offer real, tangible benefits, and we do not misrepresent ourselves.

If you renewed through our system, you would have received an email confirmation. The only case where you would not receive an email is if you provided an invalid email address.

Getting in contact with us easy is. There is a contact form on our website: https://stateregistration.org/contact You can also email us directly: [protected]@stateregistration.org No one who reaches out to us via these channels is ignored. We respond to customer inquiries in an average of 5 minutes or less.

In any event, since you did not intend to use our site, we're happy to make it right and credit you back. Shoot us an email with the plate number this is regarding so we can make sure this is resolved: [protected]@stateregistration.org We have a Satisfaction Guarantee, so we'll be happy to credit you back and remove you from our system. However, we first need you to contact us with a plate number so we can locate you in our system.

We look forward to your email and resolving this matter for you to your complete satisfaction.

Ma
Nov 15, 2017

Comments

• Ju
      Jun 05, 2019

I, too, have been scamed by Stateregistrstion.org. i was trying to renew license registration for Texas and the scam came up. I registered thinking I was renewing my vehicle registration and company has taken money out of my account for God only knows what for. I want my money refunded. License plate 1FJVC. I an 75 years old. Sent email to this company and never received response

Julia A Bridgwater

• St
      Jun 05, 2019

@Julia Bridgwater Hi Julia. We respond to every email. And we have no records in our system under your name, or plate number. So it looks like you never dealt with us. You've confused us with another website.