The Salvation Army USA

Posted: Jan 13, 2018 by

sarah, manger salvation army 6528 little river turnpike, lincolnia, va

Lincolnia, VA, United States
I'm requesting a meeting with her supervisor on January 12, 2018.

Problem Number One:

Changed the store credit rule

We purchased a couch set for about $600.00 on or about November 15, 2017. Once we got the two of three items home, we noticed that under the bottom of the couch it was broke and appeared that someone tried to repair it. We immediately called the store and explained the condition of the couch. We took pictures of the couch as showed them to Thomas. We explained to that we didn't pay $600 for unsafe couch and would not be picking up the third item and asks could we bring the two items back. He said we could, but he couldn't guarantee that we would receive a refund. We returned the two items the same day. Sarah and Thomas inspected the couch. Sarah said they normally they don't do exchanges/refunds, however she felt the warehouse had missed the damage part of the couch. Sarah said to give her a few days and she would contact Headquarter. We were given a store credit for about $450 with the stipulation we had use the store by the end of December and we wouldn't be charged tax because we had already paid the tax.

On the next Wednesday we turned to the store to make a $69 purchase. We were asked by Sarah, if we could at least used most of the store credit. So, we didn't use our store credit for that purchase.

Problem Number One:

Changed the store credit rule

We returned to the store a week or so later to use the voucher. While we were checking out, Sarah in loud demanding tone in front of workers and customers told us that we needed to use all the voucher now. We only had a little over half of our store credit. We explained to the clerk that we didn't see anything that we would use that would add up to the total voucher. The clerk call for Sarah. So here come Sarah. What she did was very unprofessional. She when into a tirade about how she didn't have to give us a store credit in the first place. Most managers would have been fired for less unprofessional conduct. Sarah continued to give us push back and eventually understood our point of view. From that transaction the clerk asked Sarah about the tax, she told the clerk not to run it through the register because we had already paid the tax and the clerk did as Sarah instructed her to do and wrote out a new voucher for the remaining store credit.

On the 20th of December we returned to store to use the remaining store credit voucher and found items to purchase. However, we realized that we didn't have our voucher. We asked the night manager if the store had a copy of the remaining credit on file, because we had misplaced our and wanted to clear out the remaining credit. We were told NO they didn't have one. Therefore, regretfully the only recourse we had was to contact Sarah and explained to her that we had misplaced our voucher. We spoke to her and she stated that she had the store copy and that she would to speak with accounting about how to issue us a new voucher and she would call and give us a status in a few days.

On December 29th and 30th we called the store at least ten times asking to speak to Sarah. On December 30th we finally got in touch with her and she stated that she would give us a call on January 2nd.

We didn't receive a call from Sarah. So, we ended up calling, calling and calling and leaving messages several times.

On January 3, we called and spoke with Thomas, he asked us to call back and speak with Ms. Lawanda because Sarah had giving instruction. Ms. Lawanda called and left us a message asking us to call her. I returned her call and she told me that I needed to speak with Sarah because Sarah didn't leave her any instruction on how to handle our case.

Problem Number Two:

From 01/03 to 01/08 we made many calls to Sarah. On January 9th I spoke with Thomas, he stated per Sarah that we could use our remaining voucher amount, but it had to be used by 01/12. However, we could not use it on Wednesday the 10th.

Problem Number Three

On 01/11 I went to use the voucher and the clerk (a very nice lady) wanted to charge me tax and I explained to her that I had already paid tax on the store credit voucher. She politely requested assistance from the night manager on duty. The manager on duty stated "you have to pay tax. I explained to her that I had already paid the tax on this voucher. The night manager called Sarah and told me that Sarah told her to tell me that I had to pay the tax. She asked to come to the office because she had Sarah speaker phone. Over and over I told the night that I didn't wants to speak to Sarah and didn't wants to create a scene, because I had been on the receiving end of her fiery temper, but I did follow her to the office and Sarah stated that I had to pay the tax if I wanted to use my voucher. I asked the night manager for Sarah's supervisor name and Sarah lost it. So, I told clerk that I would paid the tax. After the clerk bagged my items and I was completing my transaction, the night manger came from the office with Sarah on speaker phone telling everyone in the about what had done for me and what she didn't have to do. Since I had asked for Sarah's supervisor name she canceled my $183 store credit voucher and told to come back in the morning to see her.

I'm requesting that someone from upper management meet me at the store, see my info below

I'm requesting that Sarah receive the proper management training and a written apology for her actions.

Tony Whitehead

[protected]

Tony65583@gmail.com
whitehto@webster.edu
Complaint comments Comments (2)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Furniture

Comments

D  13th of Jan, 2018 by    0 Votes
I didn’t know they sold new furniture. I’d assume everything was used and not perfect. You were told immediately you may not get a refund but you did. From your missing words and incomplete sentences, it seems you got a partial refund but it was canceled merely for asking a question? Sounds fishy. How did you pay for the couches? Credit card, check, money order or cash? If you buy used items, you cannot expect perfection. Better to buy a new set, finance it, put $600 down and pay out the rest owed.

Maybe next time, Tony, you’ll let your wife shop.
N  13th of Jan, 2018 by    0 Votes
Boy do you sound childish. I am sure that the only reason that the cashier raised their voice was because you were throwing a temper tantrum and could not take no for an answer.The bend the rules for you twice by giving you a voucher and you still complain, what an ungrateful brat you are. Guess your parents never taught you better. This is why you have to buy second hand furniture. You cannot afford to pay for new furniture because no one will hire you because of your attitude.

As for the misplaced voucher. It is your responsibility to keep it safe. I bet this is another reason that you have to shop at a second hand shop. No one would hire you because you blame others for your mistakes and are too immature to accept responsibility for your actions.You are the one that lost the voucher, so why should Sarah call you. I know she said that she would, but it is not her job to babysit you. No problem for you to call back about the voucher that YOU misplaced.

I am requesting that you grow up and not not throw a temper tantrum when things do not go your way. Sarah did not have to give you a voucher you foolish woman, and nor does she have to call you back when YOU lost the voucher. Maybe if you grew up a little you would be able to get a decent job so you can afford new stuff and not have to shop at a second hand shop.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree