The DVD Planet / Scam and cheating!

1 250 The East Mall Suite #1242Toronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I placed an order with The DVD Planet also known as Universal Gift Ventures on 11/7. I was given the excuse that my order was shipped to an incorrect address followed by another email that there was a problem with their shipping department and they were correcting the problem by sending the orders out manually. Furthermore, by shipping it manually it was impossible to give me a tracking number. I still haven't received my order and they won't respond to my emails.

Va

Comments

• Ka
      15th of Dec, 2007

I too ordered in Nov and was told the same thing that they had to send them out manually and no tracking number. I still did not receive it in the time they said I would so I e-mailed them again now they are saying due to the holiday season it is taking longer than usual. I don't know how much you spent but I payed $140. I don't know where to turn now..

• Ta
      15th of Dec, 2007

Well, I too am in the same situation. I ordered on Nov.4th, 2007 still have yet to recieve the order. Company advised me also that they shipped to the wrong address and would reship the order out, manually. Today is the 15th of Dec,2007 and no order. On their webiste DVDCollections.tv it states that they have 24 hours 7 days a week customer service, well I have sent several e-mails and have not had a respons from them.. Tried to find a telephone # for the company, no luck.

• Br
      16th of Dec, 2007

Check this site out, same issue...

I found a number and if it works I will post it... let take these people down and spread the word! Here is what I posted:

This company did the same exact thing to me!!! I still don't have my DVDs and they have a canned emal that will be sent to you no matter what you type. It will say the following:

"Hello,

Your replacement order has been shipped out
    already. It was due Dec 6-8th, but with the
    busy Christmas season, a small delay can be
    expected.

Your order should be there within a matter of
    a few business days.

Regards,
    Brian Lawson
    Management"

Does this Brian Lawson even exist or is this an elaborate scam? If anyone finds a good number please post it. Thanks,

• Ke
      24th of Dec, 2007

Ordered Carol Burnett Show Compilation DVD's and it never came.

• Or
      24th of Dec, 2007

I ordered a set Of JAG DVDs on 5th November but did not receive them so notified the DVD Planet. Had an email from Brian Lawson to the effect there was a Zip Code error on the computer but they would send me a replacement manually (no tracing possible) but they should take 6 business days to arrive - in any event I should receive them in time for Christmas - its Christmas Eve and no DVD's. Would be grateful for any information obtained about this firm. I am still trying to find a telephone number but so far no luck. Has anyone ever received their order from this company? I wouldl be very interested to know.

• Me
      26th of Dec, 2007

I got ripped off as well and am going after them.

Here is some info.

Names: Unsure if they are real
    Brian Lawson - management

414-352-5776
    647-284-1052
    416-540-5643

They also go by the name Universal Gift Ventures

I have contacted - The Better Business Bureau of Mid-Western and Central Ontario www.bbbmwo.ca/

- www.trustwave.com - provides company with visa transactions

- cyberbit - the bank they use, just type in cyberbit and you can contact the company

- Royal Canadian Mountain police online crime unit at recol.ca/complaint

federal trade Commisssion at ftc.gov

Geotrust - just go to the dvd planet website and click on geotrust logo at the bottom.

I am not going to get scammed. let's knock this company on its' ###.

Hope this helps.

• Je
      26th of Dec, 2007

I have had to same thing happened. Was told a date. Then told another date. Then said it shipped but to the wrong address and still do not have.

• Lo
      28th of Dec, 2007

I ordered The Carol Burnett Show, Seasons 1-11 via DVD Planet. They arrived one week late as a gift for someone special in my life. And, to my embarrassment, the dvds were pirated copies of Carol Burnett and Friends. Not the promised 278 episodes from the original series. The quality of these copies were horrendous to say the least. I am going to try to have my credit card reverse charges. These DVDs came from Canada. Shame on you! You are a worthless, rip-off company and will not be in business long. I hope that their representatives get locked up. I am going to call the Attorney Generals' office here in California to report their bogus company.

• Ji
      30th of Dec, 2007

I also got stuck for products that were never delivered. $429!!! I did however, get a msg from someone today claiming to own the company saying I would have all my money in 4 days. If it doesn't show up then I will not stop pursuing my money until I fall dead from exhaustion!

• Am
      31st of Dec, 2007

I ordered the boxed set/collector’s edition of Scarecrow and Mrs. King as a gift for my sister. It was the only item she REALLY wanted for Christmas. I placed my order on Dec. 10. Nowhere on the DVD Planet website did it tell me 1)that the company was in Canada, 2) that they only ship on Saturdays, or 3) any information on shipping options. When I received my order confirmation, I learned that my order would not ship until the 15th. I immediately emailed the company and asked if I could pay for express shipping because I needed the package by the 21st. I told them that I needed to go out and purchase another gift if this would not be here in time and asked that they let me know. They responded and promised to expedite it so I would have my order on Friday, the 21st of Dec. The 21st passed and no package arrived. Again I emailed them and they said there had been a delay at customs and the package would be delivered no later than Christmas Eve. Two days later, no package. They responded to another email and offered to re-ship via express mail. They also stated that to make up for the inconvenience, they would be emailing a coupon for 50% off in January. I declined a re-shipment and told them I would wait for the original package so I would not have to return a 2nd package when they both arrived. This is when I became suspicious-----why would they offer to send out a 2nd package if the 1st one had really been en route for two weeks and they claimed it was just delayed, not lost?? I told them I would wait, but also told them that if the original package had not REALLY shipped all ready, to cancel my order and issue a refund. Then next day, I received a notice from CanadaPost stating that my package was returned to the company as undeliverable. The shipping info on the notice showed a California address with a name other than mine. I am in NC. At first I thought maybe this person (Gina Coon) was possibly a drop-ship location. I quickly dismissed that thought----large companies don’t do business that way. Up to this point, they had replied to my emails within a day or so. I have a feeling I will not hear back from them.

I have read other complaints in which they claim that they do not have a phone number because they get so many calls and an email based support system is best for efficiency. What reputable company claiming to have high volume does not have a phone number? I called numbers that have been posted and they do not work.

I have contacted my credit card company and they are taking care of it on their end. The payment will be retracted and a complaint is being filed. Most credit card companies give you a time period (mine is 60 days) to take recourse. I think DVD Planet tries to drag the process out so that you have no recourse and they get to keep your money.

BOTTOM LINE: If you have ordered from this company, do not expect to receive your order. Shipping methods between DVD Planet and planet Earth have obviously not been established. They are a complete scam!! Contact your credit card company and get a refund if you can before it is too late.

• Hi
      31st of Dec, 2007

Same thing happened to me, except I live in California, USA. I just called my credit card company.

6th of Jan, 2008

I also have had the same experience with this company, The DVD Planet. They are using a similar name as another company, DVD Planet to throw people off track.
    Before I purchased the item I wanted (The Get Smart Collection), I went to DVD Planets web site to verify their existence, the only problem was I was at a legitamate companies site, not the bogus ones. As of today 1/6/07, The DVD planets web site, The bogus one, has a message that they are not accepting any orders anymore and that they are pretty much out of business. Steer clear of this company at all costs. It to has cost me an $80 lesson. I hope I can get my money back from my credit card company.

• Be
      12th of Jan, 2008

January 12, 2008

I just went to the dvdplanet.org site..I had ordered the muppets. they have changed their site.. check it out.

They are now claiming that everyone will get a refund..yea right..and that they are no longer taking orders..every link to contact them..and every other link.. goes back to that message..i tried to contact them and couldnt. I will be contacting INTERPOL and the FBI about them..one post here says that the person recieved pirated episodes... i am surprise the site is even still there.

I'll post again when i know more

Beth Baer

• Bi
      31st of Jan, 2008

I had the same experience. I ordered Beauty and The Beast on Dec 25. I got an email said I should recieve my order between Jan 10-12, but never did.

I googled this comapny and find this complaintboard. I already filed a claim to my credit card company and hopefully get my money back.

I am superised that the company website is still running and takes the first page of google search.

• Je
      10th of Mar, 2008

I have had the same experience with DVDplanet.org. I ordered The Carol Burnett Show In December. After first being told that it was shipped to the wrong address, I finally received it. The quality was awful and was taped from the TVLand channel. I returned the tapes in early January with a request for a full refund. To date I have not received my refund. These people should be made to pay.

• Pa
      27th of Mar, 2008
    The DVD Planet - Non arrival of goods
    The DVD Planet
    Ontario
    Canada
    www.dvdplanet.com

I ordered some dvds in november 6 th, paid for them 94 .39 dollars money was taken out of the account immediately but never received dvds. After numerous emails they will not reply.

22nd of Aug, 2008

Thats why I ONLY ORDER FROM YourDVDworld, they seem to have the best prices and great customer service! http://yourdvdworld.com/

• Ba
      3rd of Sep, 2009

I have beenusing there site for years and had no issues with them. To be exact I have been using dvdplanet foralmost 10 years. I always get my orders on time usually within the week and I am on a naval base in yokosuka japan.