ThamesGas.comPlumbing engineer

Do not use this company ! My thermostat where the radiators were controlled by had blown we called this company to send out an engineer to rectify the problem . The guy turns up checks the boiler and the thermostat he tells me he needs to go in to his van to price up the job to give me a quote on new part and labour . Alarm bells starting to ring I was thinking if he is an experienced person why can't he price of up the and then ? So I guessed he wanted to go over the 30 minute call out .He told me the only issue was the thermostat had to be wired up again . I knew allready the part costs £25 and wiring as we all know takes roughly 10 minutes max so guessed he is going to his van to price up the Job so he can go over the 30 minute call out time so he can charge me for one hour . He comes back and says it will cost me £220 plus vat !!! I told him I know the part is 25 so he's charging me 195 labour ?? He said he can offer me a discount and reduce the price to 200 ! I said no thanks I will wire it myself! He then tried to tell me I have gone over my 30 minute call out by 1 minute and he will charge me for one hour ! I obviously refused to pay it as I was able to prove he was actually there for 28 minutes! I am disgusted with how this company charges and tries to over charge people ! Do not use them !!!

El