TGI Friday'sbad service

This actually occurred last night (2017). My family took me out for my birthday last night to your Bensalem restaurant. My sister immediately informed the hostess that it was my birthday. The hostess extended her birthday wishes and seated us. Our server Amanda then walked up, and my sister informed her as well. We then ordered appetizers and drinks. The drinks were served within 10 minutes, but the appetizers took a very long time, at least 35-40 minutes. Amanda never offered to have a group of other servers to sing Happy Birthday. To make matters worse, she told us that Friday's doesn't offer a slice of cake to the birthday person, but she could offer a brownie or cheese cake. I chose a slice of cheesecake.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Bensalem, PA She never informed me that she would be charging us $6.90 for it. We questioned about the non singing of Happy Birthday, she stated that the hostess never told her Also, upon us paying for the check, we told her that we would pay half in cash, and the other half credit. The bill was $103.19. My sister paid cash, and I used my AMEX to pay the balance ($53.19). However, I checked my card and discovered that it was charged $63.83. Amanda also refused to honor my sister's Friday's Rewards Card, stating that she could only add points. She turned what started out to be a festive evening into a complete farce. I would like for for you to return $10.64 back to my AMEX card. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Th
Jan 13, 2017

Comments

•   Jan 14, 2017

We will get right on it.

• Po
      Jan 15, 2017

It is ridiculous to be upset that they didn't sing to you. You need to ask for something like this, not just assume they will do it for everyone with a birthday. In fact, some people prefer not to be sung to.

• Ca
      Jan 17, 2017

I am assuming you are a grown adult? If so, I must question why a grown adult wants to have random servers in a restaurant sing Happy Birthday to them. I also question why TGI Fridays not having free birthday cake for you is such a stressful thing. Why didn't your family bring along a cake? That's what smart, thinking people do.
    Happy Birthday singing should be limited to persons under the age of 10. I find it extremely annoying to be in restaurant, trying to enjoy my meal and conversation with friends and all of sudden, I am disturbed by obnoxious Happy Birthday singing. It is especially annoying when I see it's an adult being sung to. I can also tell you, having waited tables in the past, that servers HATE HATE HATE YOU when you expect Happy birthday singing. They don't mind if you are a little child, but when you are a supposed grownup, it really makes them scorn you. Basically, what I am saying is I think maybe you need to grow up a bit.