Terminix / Terrible experience

United States Review updated:
4.15
For the last 6 months I have been living in a Structurally unsafe house, (and still do), caused by the fraudulent practices of this Company, I could write a book on this whole experience, though for now a few sentences may hopefully sum up this nightmare.

I find some minor damage to my baseboard in two separate areas of the house, I'm talking about $100 in cosmetic damage, it's a conc. block house built in 1953, so I don't worry too much once I paid them $1, 000.00 to deal with it, they came, they drilled, they pumped and poured (or so I thought, I was not here when they did it), they did nothing to the inside of the house), and 9 months later I find that my only wooden stud load bearing wall which holds up a large part of the roof has been totally destroyed by Termites, prior to that they swarmed all over the house at night time, in my hair, in my bed in my clothes, truly disgusting.

They have done in excess of $20, 000.00 of damage, consuming all the baseboard throughout the house, all the door casings, three doors, and all the vertical 2x4 studs, my house is being held up by two steel shorings, Terminix admit liability though their insurance adjuster said the damage is only $4, 000.00 and that's all they will pay, no allowances for building permits, building inspections, or a structural survey.

I hired a consultant to help me, that was my last $3, 000.00, Terminix too great pleasure in telling me that they had know the Consultant for years (well you get the picture), so think I'm in a hole here, don't know how to get out of it.
Al

Comments

Ka
  30th of Apr, 2013
I think showing the commercials "Termites are monsters" are not age appropriate for preschoolers and early grade students during "prime time". The picture of the termite is too graphic and the phraseology is scary for young children. It is hard enough to get the image of the termites out of their heads let alone the phrase "termites are monsters". As you know, kids will stop everything they are doing to see the commercials and I just feel that these commercials need to be viewed at a later time.

The Terminix International Company Logo The Terminix International Company