Telecheck / Unauthorized charges

Telecheck, TRS, Inc., is harassing me for money I do not owe them. They have made a huge mistake that is costing me $100. I went shopping at Wal-Mart and presented my check. For whatever reason, the check machine would not work right. I got my check handed back to me with a slip that said my check was not used and my account was not charged. Well, I began getting calls from Telecheck saying my check to Wal-Mart bounced. Of course I did not have a check at Wal-Mart, being that I did not get any merchandise. I have been to Wal-Mart and been presented paperwork showing that Wal-mart received no money for that transaction, yet Telecheck wanted me to pay them for it, not once but twice!!! Telecheck ran it through AGAIN costing me another $35 for a total of $70 that my bank wants back for the NSF charges. Telecheck wants $18.63, plus $80. No one at this company will listen to me on this and they will not do what they need to do to end this. They just want me to pay them off. And I will NOT do that!!! I wish some one out there could help me on what to do to get this resolved and to stop Telecheck from harassing me.

Va

Comments

• Ko
      5th of Jun, 2010

They notified us we owe for a bounced check.

Name spelled wrong
    Check # not to Walmart/
    Amount wrong.
    Someone else's driver's license.

If you have this problem, contact

slemberg@lemberglaw.com

for violation of the Federal Debt Collection Fair Practices Act (FDCPA). You could collect up to $1000 from WMTC. Yes, there IS a law against such actions.

• Ho
      6th of Jul, 2010

I feel for you, same thing basically happened to me. I contacted BBB and the district attorney and still nothing is being done. Just keep fighting and dont give up. I've been fighting for almost 3 years

7th of Oct, 2010

My wife got a collection notice for a check she didn't write. We contacted slemberg@lemberglaw.com and collected damages plus attorney fees. We got $1000 out of it. Took about six weeks.

7th of Oct, 2010

Someone needs to stop the slimeballs who harass without justification.