Tech For Less / Scam and lies

In this economy, this company's business move was bad. But buyer beware. I could have called the credit card company and wasted my time there, but I was apprehensive about the product quality since they did not advise you of this issue when purchasing the product. Stupid policy & stupid move, which wasted my time. I will never buy from them.

De

Comments

• Ar
      7th of Oct, 2008

Please stop these people from decieving people through their scam websites as mentioned above.

9th of Oct, 2008

this websites are SCAM !! selling electronics & once paid you will not receive the item & your money will not be returned.

9th of Oct, 2008

These are SCAM WEBSITES that victimizing online shoppers!!!

• Vy

The links are from Nigeria

10th of Oct, 2008

These are scam websites that victimizes innocent online shoppers.

• Te
      25th of Jun, 2009

Sorry you had a bad experience. We've been in business since 2001 with many positive reviews and thousands of happy customers.

Sometimes there are issues however and we always work with our customers to come to a good resolution.

Since we do not know who you are from this listing it is hard for us to help you resolve the issue. Please call our customer service department Toll Free at: 1.866.880.1230 or fill out the help request form on our web site at:

• Si
      17th of Dec, 2009

Do not buy from Tech For Less!!! They have terrible customer service. Check out the email chain below where I had canceled an order the night before it was shipped and then they sent it the next day anyway. They told me they are not able to cancel the order even though the website says that any orders that have not been shipped may be canceled and mine clearly showed that the order was "Processing" when I sent the email to cancel the order:

Hi All,

I ordered the following "Kingston ValueRAM 8GB DDR2 SDRAM Memory Module - 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) - 667 MHz ECC - DDR2 SDRAM - 240-pi" from your website at buy.com and it is order #51076159. However, I realized it is ECC RAM which will not work with my desktop PC at home. I see that the order status is still "Processing". Please help me cancel this order since your site said it is possible for it to be canceled as long as it has not been shipped. Thanks!

Dear Simmon,

We apologize for the inconvenience, but your order cannot be cancelled at this time. You may follow the progress of your shipment at http://www.usps.com/. The tracking number of your package is : 9101148008600429016471.

If you wish to return this product, one option you have is to refuse to accept the shipment and return to sender. You will be refunded your invoice amount less the return shipping cost and restock fees. If you choose this route, please contact our customer service team to alert us of the returning package. Customer Service may be reached by phone (1-866-880-1230 ext. 4130) or email (customerservice@techforless.com).

ORDERS DEPARTMENT
    Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
    Tech for Less
    1610 Garden of the Gods Rd
    Colorado Springs, CO 80907
    1-866-880-1230 ext. 4110
    Direct: 719-884-4110
    Fax: 719-884-8001
    orders@techforless.com

I don't understand why I cannot cancel the order when the package was not yet shipped. You guys just shipped it today after I had sent out the email to cancel the order last night. This is terrible customer service. I should not be charged shipping or any kind of "restocking fee". I will have my credit card remove this charge from my card and make sure people know about this issue.

Dear Customer,

Your package has been shipped out with tracking on it. You will need to contact Customer Service to create a case to get a refund back to your account. The tracking number is# 9101148008600429016471, and the website: http://www.usps.com/.

ORDERS DEPARTMENT
    Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
    Tech for Less
    1610 Garden of the Gods Rd
    Colorado Springs, CO 80907
    1-866-880-1230 ext. 4110
    Direct: 719-884-4110
    Fax: 719-884-8001

Why would I need to call and get a refund back? I had canceled the order before it was shipped. It's not my problem if you guys ship it after I had cancel the order before it's shipped. It even says so on your site that orders can be canceled as long as they have not been shipped.

14th of Jan, 2010

I agree. I ordered something on a weekend night at 12:00 AM and got a email within an hour that it had "shipped". I tried to cancel on Monday morning but they said it was too late even though the item had not shipped out. They said that since it was purchased on Amazon I could not cancel it, though I only paid through Amazon. The ordering was done through their site. The box arrived heavly damaged and had obviously be re-taped numerous times (it was a refurb item). What a bunch of crooks!

• Te
      15th of Jan, 2010

Sorry to hear about your experience with Tech For Less. We take our customer satisfaction very serious and while we can not resolve every issue to everyone's agreement, we certainly do our best.

Items can get damaged in shipping, or sometimes the box the item comes in has damage, but the product itself works fine.

If you have not contacted our customer service department yet, please do so so that we can help you:
    Toll Free: 1.866.880.1230
    email: customerservice@techforless.com
    Or Via Our Website: http://www.techforless.com/cs

Regards,

Tech For Less

6th of Mar, 2010

Wow! I wished I had known Tech for Less's questionable business practices. Does it surprise you if I said I have a similar issue about cancellation?? Guess not. I cancelled the order days before delivery day & was told to refuse shipment. I told them the problem is shipment will not arrive in time because I'm leaving the address. I never saw the shipment. It was back to their warehouse. After weeks, finally got my refund but 20% short. They said it's restocking fee. I asked the sales rep about the warranty & 90 day $ back guarantee when I was on the phone but he only says it's satisfaction guaranteed & I will get a refund if I'm not satisfied. He never told me it's only 80% of the $ back, even when I never see the product. Unethical business practice. Making $ off of consumers on technicality. Businesses like Circuit City & others won't charge you something you didn't receive. And their reps, sales or customer service (Jennifer Scheffler insisted to charge the 20% restocking fee, $150, for something I had cancelled & never even seen), are very questionable. I didn't feel comfortable when ordering because you can tell they are just pushing you to buy.

I got the site from a friend but now I'm going to tell everyone I know not to buy from this business. Too risky.

• Sk
      18th of Feb, 2011

Customers BEWARE! As a person familiar with the operation at Tech for Less I can verify that the complaints listed in this forum are commonplace with this company. Tech for Less specializes in purchasing returned/defective items from liquidators, cleans them, and sometimes does minimal testing, then sells them as open box or factory sealed. They have simply copied the business model you see many Brooklyn chop shop electronics dealers doing already. Save yourself the headache and grief, purchase from a reputable electronics dealer.

• Us
      22nd of Feb, 2011

I ordered a server from the techforless.com site and paid using paypal. The very next day there were over 1000 dollars worth of unauthorized charges on my credit card. It dint occur to me at first that is was this site, but while talking to the sales rep at banannarepublic.com (one of the places, the unauthorized orders took place) they told me the orders were going to Colorado. I mapquest the city and it was only an hour away from the location of the business.

• Mi
      18th of Mar, 2011

They tried to screw old mike But PayPal Kicked there [censor].

• Pr
      7th of Sep, 2011

The " TechForLess.com" business is ping pong krazy liers.
    I bought a referb T.V. with my sister for my mother who was dying of cancer and their English verbatim got worse as soon as we started complaining and " TechForLess.com" hung up on us constant afterwards.

I called the IRS on them...

• Js
      9th of Dec, 2011

My business purchased a Samsung MFC from Tech4Less which blew up and created a lot of smoke about 3 days into running it. Thankfully it did not set fire to our office. They never answer the phone, and we have only received one email in response to several calls we have made to them. I have no idea if they intend on refunding our money but I'm not sure how to actually contact them, since they have not responded since the first attempt to reach them.

• Mx
      19th of Jan, 2012

I have been a long time customer of Tech For Less...however I fear that is coming to an end. They have a 45 day "no questions asked" money back guarantee on their web order form. I believed them. Ordered an Apple iPad Wednesday December 21, It was delivered via Fedex December 28, 2011. I opened it and decided it after trying to get a logon established for 3 hours, I want no part of an Apple made anything. I emailed Dec28 requesting an RMA, got an email that because of the holidays it might take 3 or 4 days. It's Jan19 2012 and I'm still waiting. I have since sent two updates to the Customer Service req. 1660927 asking again for an RMA. On January 13, 2012, I sent a written snail mail again requesting an RMA and referencing the invoice number and web customer service request number. It's now nearly 30 days from the invoice date and I have no return authorization. Tech for Less ...if you are listening, you have made a longtime customer very ticked off.

• Wo
      28th of Jan, 2012
    Tech For Less - item not received
    electronic items
    Colorado

Tech for less, they are cheating public with fake business, i purchesed a camera but i received empty box thjere is no item in the box when i called the service people no reply

• Mx
      10th of Feb, 2012

Regarding my complaint January 19, 2012 about Tech for Less. The company has fulfilled it's advertised return policy. They have sent a free Fedex shipping label, the item has been returned and they have applied a full refund to paypal. Thank you for your help.

• As
      28th of Mar, 2012

I can never get through to customer service. I very unhappy with my purchase which was a Toshiba Satelite Laptop; Open Box. I thought I was getting a great deal and making a better purchase but I should have went with purchasing the laptop on eBay. Atleast I would have gotten better customer service. I wish I would have saw this website before I made my purchase. I purchased a 1 yr warranty as well so they WILL be giving me a working laptop or I will have to escalate this complaint further!

• Mp
      16th of Aug, 2012

Hi
    i Herad lots of positive & negative feedback (testimonial)form techforless.com than i thought to take chance to order apple ipad2 because of low price compare to other online stores .i did order & i received my order on time but only difference was i got laptop battery (new) & adapter (new) .i called immidiatly to techforless customer care .when i explain about my order which i received they said it may be their mistakeso i can return them back & they gave my teo option either i will get refund or i can order another product .since product which i like was not with they i prefer to get my refund . but after they received my return they change their mind to refund me because they did not received iPad 2 as return product . i dont understand how come i return them iPad 2 since i did not reeived right product .it has been long to to communicate with they, it is so poor service i received .i feel LIKE I GOT CHEATED .I LIKE TO INFORM EVERYONE PLEASE BE CAREFULL BEFORE U ORDER BECAUSE THIS IS KIND OF SCAM I FEEL .MAY BE THEY DONT DO WITH ALL BUT MAY BE RANDOMLY THEY PICK SOME CUSTOMER .MAY BE NEXT WILL BE YOUR TURN . I AM STILL WAITING FOR REPLY FORM TECHFOR LESS .IF I DONT GET REPLY BY SOON I AM GOING TO LOG POLICE COMPLAINT & REPORT WILL SEND TO MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY SO I CAN GET MY FINAL REFUND .I WILL UPDATE TESTIMONIAL EVERYDAY TILL I GET MY REFUND FROM TECHFORLESS OR MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY .