TCF BANK MN / TCF Stole my Money!

1 MN, United States Review updated:

TCF is the has the most unethical practices I have ever heard of, and I wonder how they are aloud to get away with it?! I was charged over $400 in NSF fees when online it was clear that I had more than enough funds to cover all the transactions I had made! I transferred money from my savings (that contained over $400 in it) BEFORE I spent anything, they charged me NSF fees for PENDING charges? I called the regional manager, Todd, and was told that it was not considered a "bank error" and did me the "courtesy" of reversing $70. What kind of courtesy is that? YOU STOLE MY MONEY!!! I was charged NSF fees when I had money in the account! PLEASE do not bank with TFC, as a unemployed single mother and student I was aware of every dime that went in and out of that account, its 24 day until Christmas and TCF not only stole my money but took the money I had saved away for my sons Christmas gift, what a HORRIBLE company! Marry Christmas TCF, an Todd I hope somebody does you the same "courtesy". I am reporting TFC to the BBB!

Comments

• Tu
      23rd of Feb, 2013
    TCF BANK MN - dishonesty
    TCF BANK
    Minnesota

paid off a $340k loan +interest in less then 30 days. gave the payoff to loan officer Brad Willis. he told me it was paid off and wrote on the receipt (loan payed off) then he told me i would probably get a credit for quick payoff and i told him i would just put that in my checking acct. well! a month later i get a bill for $448.00. apparently he miss calculated TCFs billing dates and i owned more money. made no sense to me. i took the loan out on dec31st and paid it off by jan 31st. not my fault their billing starts on the 23rd. terrible bank and terrible loan officer. i paid the $448.00 reluctantly and then i closed all my accts. would never do business with this bank again and NEVER! NEVER! trust their loan officers!! worst experience ever. felt like i was cheated and conned!!