TAG Heuer / Warranty

1 996 S Springfield AveSpringfield, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-260-0460

After a year noticed my watch face and dial moved. Sent watch into this service center for repair, within a few days i did receive confirmation that they have the watch and gave me an estimate of 450 to fix my watch-i immediately call TH and said just do the warranty work not fix the scratches, etc she said she would call me back, within a few days received my watch in a fedex box not repaired. Once again called TH and they said there was TRAUMA to the watch and it will not be covered. WHAT??? This should have been covered under warranty. MY ADVISE DON"T BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. Attached is a picture so everyone can see the crap quality put out by this company and will not stand by their product

TAG Heuer

Comments

• Bo
      29th of Sep, 2011

I am very upset with Tag Heuer's International Warranty Service. I received my watch less than a year ago as a gift with the warranty card included. About 4 months in, the crown would not screw in for some reason I do not know (I've read that this is a common problem). The watch was used properly and I did not damage it in any way. I shipped my watch to their authorized service center in NJ only to find that the warranty card was not filled out correctly and therefore not accepted. I also learned that their warranty only covers the movement of the watch, so the crown would cost me about $100 in parts. I was okay with that. However, the additional maintenance charge of $200 which is normally covered by warranty was not going to be covered. Why? Not because my warranty card was incomplete, but because I had damaged the crown myself as indicated by tool marks??? They were claiming that I damaged the crown because there were tool marks, but I never put any tools on the watch nor do I remember any marks shown on the crown.

For this reason, I will never buy another Tag again. I am unhappy with my watch due to their warranty service and wish I could just sell it for another brand :(

• Do
      7th of May, 2012

Same thing happened to my husband. I sent his Tag in for the second time in 2 years for the same issues. They said that the crown was damaged. That is absolute bull****!! Now they want to charge us $400.00 for the repair. I have called and left a message with the supervisor. DO NOT spend hard earned money on a TAG!

• Re
      29th of May, 2012

Still waiting for my tag heuer watch after 4 months. Been notified that it is on their priority list and should be receiving it in about 2weeks.i hope this time its true.my opinion on their service center is not good at all.you bought this watch knowing that it will last for a long time with normal use. I been told that they had to repair/replace the crown and will do maintenance.im not happy since the crown is not under warranty coverage. Initial quote was $450 down to $115 since ben bridge will cover some expenses due to the fact its been there for a long time.i am a repeat customer of ben bridge and i guess they do this to satisfy their customers. Now i have second thought of purchasing a tag watch again. I owned 3 other tag watches. Warranty service repair center needs to improve their service to retain customers.

• Br
      20th of Aug, 2012

Completely agree with the previous posts. Received a TAG as a wedding gift from my father in law, the crown was broken and the battery was dead since day 1, the watch never worked. TAG cabazon outlet refused to exchange it because it was purchased more than week prior so they sent it in to the service center in NJ. They said the crown was not covered and I broke it, what a bunch of ###!!! Spend 2k on a watch and get called a liar + hit with a $220 repair bill? warranty my ###. I got 10x better service from G-SHOCK and the watch actually kept time!!! So the crown is on backorder and they have to get it from switzerland, still waiting over a month later. Will never consider TAG again - terrible service, ###ed exchange policy, so called warranty doesn cover dick and the service reps dont follow up at all

• Tc
      18th of Apr, 2014

First it took them a month to give me a quote of $250 for the watch hands to be replaced (since the glo part cracked out, which I don't know how that could happen with a so-called quality watch) and to replace the bezel spring. ( a $15 part)...so I told them ok just fix it, so I can wear it again. Well now a month after telling them to proceed I get a call and they are telling me they won't touch it unless I buy a new bracelet for it $500. So $750 for a watch that is ten years old and probably not worth even half that anymore. It pissed me off. I'll never buy a tag again and I will tell anyone I see not to buy one either. Told them to ship it back so I can throw it in the garbage

• Ta
      16th of Jul, 2014

I purchased a Tag Heuer wristwatch at the Mexico City Airport Tag Heuer outlet on June 24, 2014. I was assured that the watch carried a world wide warranty. On June 29, 2014, I was going to wear the watch the very first time for a friend's 50th Wedding Anniversary Party. When I tried to correct the time on the watch, the stem pulled out completely.
    I took the watch to the Tag Heuer outlet at Valley Fair SC in San Jose the following day for repairs, and gave the gentleman there the watch and warranty card.
    Today, July 16, 2014, I received a bill for $182.99 before they will proceed with repairs, so I paid it. This is a fraud, and uncalled for.
    This is a brand new watch that I have never worn.
    I am now highly disappointed with Tag Heuer, and will let my family and friends know about this bad experience.
    Tak Nomura

• Mi
      25th of Jul, 2014

Same story here. 1 year old TAG, always very careful handling of the crown following all the usual recommendations until one day it stops being able to set the time or date and ends up coming out all the way. Panic face! Never happened before with lousy replicas or $100 watches and a 4 figures one breaks like that? No problem... Luckily it's still under warranty. Guess what? The crown is not covered and the service center quotes me $120. I tell the girl that this is not acceptable for a so called luxury watch and that I want to file a complaint. She talks to the person in charge and decide to waive $20 for some tube, but tells me that they can't waive the other $100 for the crown because they have to pay TAG Switzerland for the part and it's not covered under the warranty terms.
    I'm still trying to find this in the fin copy and also want to file a complaint directly to TAG, but so far I've only found this just to see that I'm not alone and that they probably clean their ### with my complaint.

1st of Dec, 2014

I received a TAG HEUER for father's day. It was an automatic chronograph F-1, with a price of $3200. Within one week I noticed the watch was slowing down about 2 minutes per week. I synchronized the watch weekly for four more weeks and it will always lose two minutes. I went to the Jewelry It was bought from (Square One - Mississauga Canada) and I was told that was an acceptable delay on automatic watches. I then did my research and found that acceptable would be about five seconds per day maximum, not 120 seconds per week. I went back and then was told that I had to wind the watch once weekly or it will get behind... I did as instructed and the problem persisted, so I went back again to the Jewelry and asked for the watch to be adjusted, thinking it was a minor issue. They said they had to send it for repairs and It would take a maximum of one month to get it back, but likely it would be ready sooner than that. The watch was sent, and after six weeks had passed, I asked about it. was told that it was going to take up to sixty business days to repair it, from the moment it was received at the repair center (two weeks after it was given to the Jewelry). I was surprised at the low standards for warranty of this brand. You expect more from a 'quality / expensive ' swiss brand name as this one. sixty business days to repair a watch? and a new one with a factory defect at that? I'm going to ask for a refund and will never buy this brand again. It is an overrated brand. Their service standards are very low.

• Bi
      15th of Oct, 2015

My TAG has now been in four visits in the service centre for the last 4 months. I barely get to wear them now. The whole thing started after the battery ran out and i dropped it off for battery changed. They provided a "complimentary clean up and service" along with the battery replacement on the first service. And since then, the watch had experienced loosing time, the number "2" came off the screen, another loosing time.. What a waste of $3000 for a watch that only get to wear for 2 years??? I have seiko $400 and last 10 times longer without any service! Definitely not recommended and will not recommend this to anyone.. NO positive feedback to the brand at all.