T-Touch Watch (Tissot) / useless watch

1 Iran Review updated:

I bought T-Touch Tissot watch for 500 American dollars 2 years ago.After one year,water got into my water proof watch!!!(I never washed my hand.only because of my hand's sweat).so, I sent it for repair .It had only worked for 6 months after repair and I took to their service department.They told me I have to spend about 200 american dollars in order to have my watch fixed.

I want to know how can a famouse compant like Tissot can announce that it has the best watches when one of their best products can only work for 1 year and then you must throw it away.I think this company must not have these false advertisements about its watches.

Comments

• Pe
      24th of Jan, 2008

My repair estinate was $212. The life expectancy of a quality watch should be more than 30 months. After all there are automobile manufacturers that are prepared to warranty their products for over 5 years. I am sorely disappointed with Tissot

• P
      29th of Oct, 2008

I am also one of Tissot victim (T-TOUCH), today I just realize that it turn to malfunction. Only basic function such as time, date and chono function that working, the rest of its functions are dead.

I send for repair and customer service told me that it was moisture issue, and it need to replace the whole movement engine. I am not sure how long I got this watch but it likely around 2-3 years. I am quite surprise as I hardly wear it, most of the time it was in my cabinet.

One suggestion from Swatch Group technician, please do not wash your hand with digital/quart watch (Tissot T-TOUCH) as it may cause this moisture issue.
    ( I am not surprise as same time, I also see another customer send T-Touch for repair and it is same issue with me. )

The cost of repairing is almost 1/4 of price that I brought. This is quite in line with other complaints that posted on website.

I like to express my very disappointed with Tissot espeically with T-TOUCH, I had many other brands but no bad experience as TISSOT T-TOUCH. Even CASIO which is cheaper and more functions than T-TOUCH still not have any issue after 5 years.

I will remember this brand and TISSOT T-TOUCH will be my last one that brand TISSOT.

• Do
      24th of Apr, 2009

OWNED MINE FOR THREE WEEKS .Then no barrometer.Sent it away Four weeks ago. .
    Anyone know what time it is?

• St
      22nd of Aug, 2009

I bought a tissot t- touch expert it was good for about 8 months till the digital screen stop d working I brought it to tissot dealer. it still had warranty so they repaired it. few weeks later the watch went crazy the hands whore spinning the digital screen kept on changing to temp barometer altitude and then the t-touch failed completely i still had warranty and tissot refused to repair. it never by a tissot stupid swiss watch my 10 pound watch lasted 5 years and a 800 euro tissot cant last 8months

• Mo
      6th of Nov, 2009

dont buy tissot. have my watch fix 3 times in 6 years. what a waste of money.

• Pa
      12th of Jan, 2010

Never go for a Tissot. I purchased a Tissot from Mumbai, India on 17th Dec and on 1st Jan it stopped working. After many followups they told the entire movement needs to be replaced and would take a month. What nonsense... I really like to throw it away...Never ever go for Tissot... Saurabh Parmar

• Su
      24th of Feb, 2010

My Tissot T-Touch has worked fine for 4 years, but it needs a new battery. Cost for a replacement battery (and a "service" which I did not ask for) is £100, which is $160 USD! SWATCH (who own Tissot) are taking us for a ride. My fake Rolex which I bought in Bangkok 12 years ago for £10, still works fine!

• On
      24th of Mar, 2010

I bought a Tissot T-race and it DID NOT work accurately even a single day. For 2 months I sent it four times for repair. After the fourth time I got It back from repair, it showed the very same problem and it was all scratched. There was scratches every where on my watch. After a big quarrel with the chief manager of the Tissot store they promised me to bring a new watch and I am waiting the promised new watch already 3 months. The bottom line is that I paid $670 to Tissot and I did not receive anything in exchange!!!

• Pa
      27th of Apr, 2010

COMPLAINT !!!

T-Touch Tissot Titanium Watch.

I want to complaint that the price to repair by the local agent in Malaysia, Swatch group Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. is way to high.

I bought my watch in 2004/5 and brought in for warranty repair in 2005/6. They changed the whole engine of the watch. My broke down in 2009 again, now I brought in for repair, they quoted me the same problem for RM700++ and its way too expensive for a Tissot watch. And I question about the quality of it in the beginning !!! My owned 2 others TAG HEUER and NO PROBLEM given to me in more then 10 years !!!

I want an explanation why the quality of this watches are so BAD !!!

NEVER BUY A TISSOT WATCH !!! EVER !!!

• Re
      25th of Jul, 2010

T-TOUCH PROBLEM!!!I BOUGHT A T-TOUCH SINCE 2007, AFTER A YEAR IT GONE CRAZY FROM THERMOMETER TO BAROMETER TO ALTIMETER, ITS CRAZY.THEN I BROUGHT IT REPAIR SHOP NAME TIME LINE HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES, THEN THEY TOLD ME THAT THE MODULE PART OF THE WATCH IS DAMAGE, GOD THANKS ITS STILL UNDER WARRANTY SO I DON'T WORRY.SO, I GOT IT FIX WORKING, BUT AFTER A MONTH, STILL IT BECOME CRAZY AGAIN AND NOT JUST THAT IT WILL GO CRAZY AND THEN ITS TURNING ON AND OFF, I BOUGHT AGAIN TO REPAIR SHOP AND THEN TOLD ME THAT THERE IS AN LOST CONNECTION OF THE BATTERY THEY ASK TO WAIT A FEW MINUTES TO GO CHECK THE WATCH AND AFTER 15 MIN.THEY TURN IT BACK TO ME WORKING BUT AFTER 1HR, IT GOES BACK THE SAME PROBLEM.MY OTHER PROBLEM IS I'M TOO FAR TO THE REPAIR SHOP.DOES ANYBODY CAN HELP ME TO REPORT THIS PROBLEM TO MAIN OFFICE OF Tissot WATCHES...PLEASE..I THINK WE BOUGHT A Tissot WATCH FOR NOTHING ..I THINK WE MUST COMPLAIN IT TO THERE HEAD OFFICE OR PERSON WHO'S RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT.THANK YOU GUYS!i hope someone can help me
    here is my e-mail address redish_trigger@yahoo.com

• Mo
      3rd of Oct, 2010

Same as the rest, T Touch broke after 6 months, then again after 8 months, I am trying to get something in writing saying that Swatch will fix the watch for this problem for 10 years, or give me a refund.
    How can a company market a watch for 30mtrs and you can't even get it wet!
    Enough is enough, when I go to pick up my watch again from the repair shop I will not leave until I get some kind of agreement from them.

• Jm
      19th of Jun, 2011

Agreed! Don't waste your money... this company doesn't stand behind their products.

• Al
      2nd of Feb, 2013

I am also one of Tissot victim (T-TOUCH), it took with me 5 years but when I changed the battery at Tissot shop then the watch going crazy the analog movement stop at particular direction and the digital going for account vary fast.

when I asked the Tissot shop he was telling me that T-Touch all people complaining and he advise me to change the movement part but I have to pay 1/3 of the price that I bought.

It's Funny, unbelievable I told him this is Tissot watch should working with life..unless what you asking me it's a joke ...
    anyway for all Tissot customer ...please to not buy this brand becaause the mother company not care about all customer's complain

Tissot watch is bad and do not loss your money with this name

Customer from Qatar

• Bl
      3rd of Jun, 2013

this also happening to me until now, i bought my T-Touch on the last day of 2007... don't actual remember when, the watch need battery repair, i gone to Tissot Dealer Shop to ask for changing battery, they told me to leave the watch there and after i ask when i can get it back, . they said should take at least a month, , , , , i said " WHAT TAKE YOU SUCH A LONG TIME TO REPLACE THE BATTERY " they said they will ship my watch from Hong Kong back to Europe to repair the battery... i ask - why your company doesn't got a maintain dept. here.. just only selling watches, my Rolex and Cartier's watch also have their repairing office in HK... Agree not in your whole life buying Tissot watches ... they are not really doing business with their heart... very disappointed

• Gr
      30th of Sep, 2013

Dear friends.
    i have the same expirience with many tissot customers in my shop and i open a tissot t touch.i make a viddeo tutorial how can you fix this watch.please check my blog

greekdimis.blogspot.gr

• Ai
      2nd of Dec, 2013

Same problem in Canada with watch bought in US. After low battery, compass stopped working on Tissot touch sailing. Also, watch is not really good to use for sailing. too large and clunky, gets caught in hardware, shrouds, etc. red metal ring scrapes easily, straps not strong enough for action. Already two accidental pin releases on the watch. Not sure how I caugtht it before if fell in. Now after changing batteries, watch shuts down after 30 minutes and resets. Resynced and reset all functions, but failed again after a 20 minutes or so. Posts on this page not making me feel good about sending away to warranty since it appears to be issue with watch. Old Seiko with countdown was much better for purpose. Also, did not break down for many years. Sailors, stay away from this watch...

24th of Mar, 2014

Wow, I purchased my Tisso Touch 4-5 years ago in Jamaica. Watch started to go crazy a few days ago, now low battery. I am skeptical about sending it in for repairs, anyone have an email address for someone in management at Tisso that can get things done ? Email me at jemakltd@gmail.com

• Ha
      3rd of Apr, 2014

i buy tissot t touch 3years ago i send to service centre bcase compas lighgt and time got problem then t sevice centre ask me mybe batt must to change so i say ok i change t batt after day tmrw t service centre call me than tell me t watch cannot used and must to up grade and change the new one give me 50% for t same watch and my old watch service centre take it back...how can tissot can b like that t watch is not cheaper but t service and the watch is so bad...im so dissapointed, , , , , , better i buy casio cheaper and long time can use like my dghtr watch...so i never and ever want to buy tissot again

• Ks
      7th of Apr, 2014

I bought my Tissot watch on Apl 2012 from Khimji, Bhubaneswar.It started giving problem just after a month. I submitted the watch for repairing. Got back my watch after a month . Again it stopped working and sent that for repair.when ever their is a problem they used to take atleast a month for repair.I faced this problem thrice within one and half year period and now the watch is with the shop within the warranty period.If the watch behaves this way within the warranty period then imagine the fate after the warranty.

Noway I am going to accept this watch and definitely going to file a consumer case against the company. Useless watch and waiste of my money. Kshitish Dhal

• Mt
      3rd of Jun, 2014

All these posts sound exactly like the experience that I had with my T-Touch. I loved it for the first two years, but then the first breakage occurred. After the repaired it under warrantee, it happened again in less than 1 1/2. They were courteous enough to repair it again after I refused to pay $200 for the repair. The third time it happened, they outright refused to fix it or replace it as it was by then and old model. I either had to pay $280 for a brand new watch or be without my coveted watch. I chose the latter. How can an expensive, well known and respected brand like Tissot produce such a lemon and not stand by their customers. Since this experience, I bought a Tag Heuer and refuse to even look at another Tissot. I am a sworn enemy of this company now. I don't think anyone appreciates throwing money away, but this experience really turned my off of this watch maker.