Syndicate Bank / Bad ATM and rude staff

1 India Review updated:

The ATM does not display the name of the cardholder. When my wife wanted to withdraw money, she accidentally inserted my card instead of hers in the ATM machine. It does not display the name of the card holder and hence she thought it was her card itself and punched her pin number. The machine swallowed the card. The staff gives back cards only the next day or late in the evening, although the ATM is attached to the bank. When asked the manager says "I cannot stop ATM operations for just one card." That is what this bank thinks of its customers, just one card, just one account, just one number. That is right, the customer is "just one number" for this bank.

In another incident, my card was swallowed by the ATM. I have three debit cards and frequently confuse the PIN numbers. At least the other bank ATMs display "incorrect pin" but this stupid bank's ATM machine simply swallows the card and we have to go begging for it from the rude and highhanded staff like Mr. Bhavi Ramdoss in Jayanagar Branch who thinks he is giving us money from his own pocket.

Also, this bank does not give us cards via post or courier upon expiry. One of my old relatives cards expired, and they asked her to come personally to the bank and collect it. When all private banks are sending the cards via courier, why so much penny pinching by this bank?? My old relative is bedridden and cannot come out of the house. She has to be carried physically into a car and then taken. It is very painful for her, but does the bank realize this - NO. For them it is always rules, rules, rules. These bankers come from South Karnataka district who think they are a cut above the rest of India for whatever reason. Big egos, small achievements, petty rules.

Su

Comments

• Pr
      13th of Nov, 2008

i have an acount in rail niliyam, secunderabad branchbearing ac no. 30462010033612 since 10 yrs. i had been issued atm debit card no. 4033 9830 4607 7764 in duplicate, in feb 2008, stilll it is not activated, due to poor staff and worst management, pl look into matter.

19th of Dec, 2008

Refsuse to print pass book of other branches in syndicate Bank Banaswadi branch, Bangalore on 15/12/2008 at 11.30 AM and asked me to come after 3.30 PM for the resaon being a regular customer to that branch by one of the staff named Mr. Pasha.

• Th
      5th of May, 2009

THE ATTITUDE OF THE DGMS ARE WORST. THEY BEHAVE CHILDISH ONE SUCH IS
    ME. K.E RAVISRINIVASAN WHO HAS BEEN IN BANGLORE RECENTLY. HE IS RUDE &
    HIS ACTION ARE INCORIGIBLE.

25th of Aug, 2009

very very poor service manager and staff very roud

• Ra
      7th of Sep, 2009

When your wife inserted the card she will type in the PIN number into the system. While typing the PIN number does not she know whose card it is? I think after knowing whose card it is she will type in the rite PIN number.

• Sk
      29th of Dec, 2009

My Mom has a debit cum ATM card from the same bank. But the card doesn't have the 3 digit CVV2/CVC2 Number. so i cant use it online as a debit card. When all the banks are giving it why cant they?

• Bh
      1st of Jun, 2010

Syndicate bank is one of the worst banks for customer service. The amount of calls I have made and the number of times I have travelled from Chennai to Bangalore (I recently moved from Bangalore to Chennai and my branch is in Malleswaram 18th cross), i have easily spent more than Rs.4000. Of course I do not have any proof to show but the number of mails I have sent I can easily send to any person who is preparing to sue that bloody bank

• El