Swreg / Software Scam

1 Augusta, GA, United States Review updated:

After not receiving ANYTHING, I spent 5 hours trying to contact this company. After several calls to [protected] and emailing [protected]@swreg.org, I received access to the software I purchased. During installation I noticed a glaring English grammar mistake. After the installation had completed, I noticed the poor English was throughout the software!! If you want a good laugh, simply click through and read their "tips of the day." I have another Icon program called Real World Icon Editor. The Real World Icon Editor is made in Turkey. The Turkish developers used proper English and they have good customer support. You won't get the Visual Studio plug in but you will get a higher quality product.

Re

Comments

• Kr
      1st of Jun, 2011

I made a purchase from a SWREG business, http://www.htcsimunlock.com/, paid the money didn't get the code, didn't get the refund.

I spoke to a few customer service people at SWREG and Digital River, my purchase number was recognised by all. All the staff I spoke to are powerless.

If you are having problems, and if you are prepared to be nice call Linda, she is a senior receptionist at Digital River which is the main company and has all the emails and contacts you would need. I got to her by accident on 9522531234, she was very helpful, understanding and put me through to a senior manager and gave me an email of a someone relevant and important if I got nowhere. Because I had already opened a dispute in PayPal the money was held, that is not in Digital River hands, the senior manager told me she was not able to make the refund. So rather than get into a stink with her I decided to wait it out to see if I got a refund through PayPal.

Fortunately I managed to get a refund through PayPal because SWREG didn't make a comment during the dispute (one is not covered for digital purchases in PayPal, unless the seller doesn't comment in a dispute, this is a very small loop hole one shouldn't rely on). So I didn't need to go back to Linda or email the important person.

Feel free to share my experience.

Karl