Swiss Air / no full refund given

Switzerland Review updated:

I called Swiss air Friday sept 5th and booked 6 tickets from Copenhagen to Miami for June 10th 2009. It was a swedish number and after you dialed the number you were connected to another number where they were speaking English. I told the woman I was talking to that I wanted the price in swedish kronor. She said the price was 25600. It sounded good to me, so I booked 6 tickets. I was told I had until Sunday to confirm the tickets. I called back on Saturday and confirmed the tickets, but were told the price was in danish kronor. I protested and they let me talk to their supervisor. She insisted that the original price was in Danish kroner. I let it go, and she connected me to another man who informed me that the price would be approximately 30 000. He couldn't give me the exact figure. I said fine and booked the tickets and put
money in my bank account.After that I called Swiss EVERY day and wondered why the money hadn't been drawn from our account and why no E-tickets were being sent. They said it was a long waiting line and the tickets were on their way. The 16th of September 28 000 sek were drawn from our account and 5 E-tickets were sent to our email adress. I called Swiss again and they said that my name was too long and couldn't fit on the ticket. The next time I called I was told there weren't enough money in our bank account. We made an agreement that they would draw the money on the 19th of Sept. I put in more money and waited, but nothing happened. On the 23rd of sept in the morning when i looked in my bank account I saw that the 28 000 had been returned to our account. I didn't know what to believe. I was frustrated because it was taking too long to get the tickets, so I booked 6 identical tickets with another internet agency. Everything went smoothly and I received our E tickets within minutes and the money was drawn from our account immediately. I called Swiss and told them I wanted to cancel the original 5 tickets. Since the money was redeposited to our account I thought the deal was cancelled. Since no money transaction had taken place I thought everything would be ok. Unfortunately I was told that I was only elligible to receive a minimal refund. They insisted that the money was already taken from our account
and that they had received authorization from our bank. Unfortunately they were right, cause when I checked our account on the 24th of Sept the money from the original tickets were withdrawn from the account and I had minus 22 000 sek in my account. I had now paid for 5 + 6 tickets!! I called Swiss and tried to reason with them that I felt that it was their fault that the tickets took so long to get I felt like didn't have a choice but to use another agency and I felt I was entitled to a full refund, especially considering the new tickets were also with Swiss. They refused. I don't think it should take that long to get some airline tickets and we didn't even get the full amount of tickets we ordered. Anyway, I'm curious as what you have to say on the subject.

Comments

Vi
  23rd of Aug, 2010
The same instance happened to me. I called the Swiss Air several times to check the refund status, but each time their answer was that the refund is on the way. Now it has been 5-6 weeks, today when I called the operator kept me on hold forever. I think if the ticket is cancelled around 1.5 to 2 months before the travel date, then there should be no problem in refund.
Jf
  29th of Jun, 2011

Swiss Airlines - fligth cancelled
Swiss Airlines

Hello Sir/Madam.

I have been waiting patiently for an excuse or apology for the situation of my last flight with Swiss air (2nd incident of the last 6 months)

This time, I booked a flight from Miami-Zurich and from Zurich to Stuttgart. After 9 hours flight, I got to Zurich and my flight to Stuttgart was cancelled, because there was not enough people accordingly to Swiss to make the flight (So 25 people approximately were transfer to Stuttgart by bus adding to my 9 hours flight 5 hours more) for a total of 14 hour for a transfer from Miami to Stuttgart Germany.

I was given no explanation, but that the best and fasted way to get to Stuttgart was by 3 hours bus ride, including 2 hours of waiting...

I AM REQUESTING A FULL REFUND OF MY TRIP ASAP... I NEED IT BY YESTERDAY, AND I APPRECIATE YOUR PROMPT RESPONSE, I PAID TO GET TO STUTTGARD (GERMANY BY PLANE NOT BY BUS)

This is the second situation that happens to me with Swiss, last time I was forced to pay a difference in money because one of your agents made a mistake and charged me less money that he should!!
As an apology Swiss offered me 5, 000 miles which I gladly decline and asked them to keep it...

I will take it upon myself to post in any website in US, just how INCOMPETENT SWISS AIRLINE IS... We are used to another kind of customer service and I think the American public deserves to know.

Thanks and regards,

Juan F. Rodriguez
Be
  29th of Jan, 2013

Swiss Airline - flight delays
Switzerland

Dear Madame/Sir,

This email concerning an unsatisfied flight is from a customer of your company. I chose Swissair because I always heard about the reputation regarding your services' quality and the exactitude in regards to the time schedule. But my last trip with your company was really annoying if not horrible.

My flight from Manchester to Zurich on 7th December (flight 391 at 8:40)was delayed for a long time so that the one from Zurich to my final destination Beijing was missed as well( flight 196 at 12:30). All this leaded to the addition of a flight to Hongkong which was not supposed to exist.

Moreover, I have waited at the airport for more than 10 hours which reversely influenced my original plan. I had to therefore reschedule all my meetings in Beijing which caused both material and immaterial losses.

Not being clear nor content about all these changes, I would like to ask for your explicit explanation, apologize, and reimbursement. As a responsible international company, reply from your part will be appreciated.

Yi Ban