Superpass Real Networks / Unauthorized charges

1 3532-106A StEdmonton, Alberta, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 780-434-4579

If you sign up for the 14 trial of Real Player Super Pass, they take your credit card information and you have to cancel the subscription to stop them from charging you a monthly fee. But when you try to cancel the subscription, you find out that you can only do so by calling a phone number. When you call that number, you go through a menu of options and then the call is disconnected. You cannot reach anyone. You cannot cancel the subscription.

I have notified my credit card company, and have changed my account (a significant nuisance), and I will file a complaint with my state consumer protection office.

Ds

Comments

• Da
      28th of Mar, 2011

I got automatically subscribed to real player superpass thru comcast. Now I am trying to find a way to cancel it. It ask me to sign-in to --> get the phone number --> to call --> to cancel it. But I don't have a password to sign-in. I tried resetting the password but I get no email on resetting it. This is clearly a scam and I am not going to pay them a dime.

• Lo
      2nd of Jul, 2011

Today I successfully canceled and got July payment refunded by calling 1-866-212-1343, the support location in India. This is after frustrating failures to cancel this "subscription" automation. According to the RealNetworks support technician an "affiliation" to services provided from Time Warner and Comcast will engage the SuperPass promotion service. Today's success happened because I used no password, account number or source data, and back-doored my way to real person.

16th of Sep, 2011

I called 18668315901, pressed a couple numbers after prompts and after about 10 minutes of listening to the worst hold music ever someone answered with a very thick Indian accent. It took a few minutes just getting her to repeat everything back to me a couple times because I think she had the same difficulty in understanding me as I did her. She pulled my info, said that she had my name, address, credit card info and email address courtesy of Comcast... I said I need to cancel. She went on to try to sell me the SuperPass package which I quickly declined and suggested she just cancel my "Account". She did. Then she asked if there is anything else she could do, and I kindly asked that she refund my money to my credit card. After a couple minutes she said that the refund was complete. So it IS possible - but Comcast and Real Networks should be ashamed for this type of business. I never created an account with REAL nor did I agree to anything anywhere to have the account created or for Comcast to give my info away.

• Li
      29th of Nov, 2011

Same problem, Comcast gave my information to Real Networks. I am unable to find anywhere in my agreement with Comcast where I gave them permission to give my credit card information to a third party, but I'm sure it's in their fine print somewhere. A Pox oh Comcast!

• Do
      20th of Jun, 2012

same here. they send first a invoice stating the service is free, then after some time they start charging you 21$ per month for a service i do not even know what it does. i want to cancel asap, but have not succeeded yet. someone should file class action against this comcast / offerwire / realnetworks scam

• Mb
      2nd of Jul, 2012

For anyone having problems with Offerwire, I work for Bridgevine which operates Offerwire. If you send me your order number and any other information regarding your order I can fix your issues.

Thanks, Mike Bass