SuperPages.com / Fraud and scam

I had used Superpages pay per click program for 7 years. The way it works is you set your budget and they're suppose to stay within that budget. After a year or two I got to the point where I had set my budget perfectly to last most of the month if not all. In the past I have had average results (good enough to continue). I had checked my budget around the 15th of August and it was roughly were it should have been, around half. About four days later I had received an e-mail proclaiming my budget was spent. I had immediately contacted them to inquire about click abuse. They inferred it was impossible although they didn't seem to know how to check on it or even provide a report. I then decide to call a few friends who also advertise with them. They all confirmed an uncommonly high click rate, as well, with little or no customer response. I had then called a number of competitors, that are of acquaintance, who also advertise this way. They had reported the same activity. I can't prove any malfeasance on their behalf but I feel that this would happen again. Me and several of my friends have pulled our accounts with Superpages not only because of this suspicious activity but also their apathetic response. If you're a small business owner stay away from this company. You'll save money and time.

Ri

Comments

• Za
      4th of Sep, 2008

A Cammile Rucker at Superpages.com called me stating they were offering a pay per phone call program for advertising for my company. We specifically discussed that i had no interest in a pay per click campaign as i knew the fraud associated with this and said i would be interested in working with them on a pay per call campaign. They signed me up and a week later 30% of my $500.00 budget was spent before i even knew my account was active on pay per click!

When i called Cammile she told me after the fact that they no longer offered a pay per call campaign and pay per click would make me more money?! So out of the gate she was a liar! Why would she deviously lie to me? Superpages concepts to gain a customer were devious from the time she called my business phone. I put my account on pause as they were just taking money from my account, some days later my account had been unpaused by someone there and when I logged in several days later they had nearly spent $300.00 in less than 2 weeks! So i called Cammile Rucker Again and she assured me that all my competition was making mad money with the pay per click?! AGAIN I signed up for the Pay per phone call meaning everytime my phone rang, they got paid for their service. Cammile Rucker told me that I had agreed to a pay per click campaign Which was a lie!

I have contacted many supervisors and they will not assist me in closing the account that was deviously set up by lies. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY PERIOD. The Wonderful thing is i have recorded every phone conversation and will be suing the Superpages as well as joining the Class Action Law Suite against Verizon. I will also be launching Billboards in Atlanta Stating Superpages.com LIES Joint The Class Action Lawsuite Today!

• Fr
      18th of Sep, 2008

Idearc Media superpadges.com has billed me for a add I never ran isnt this fraud ?
    anyone else have this issue with them ?

out of the blue there in your life and you never new who they where untill the bills start rolling in and the phone calls !.

I would like to know where to see more about the class action suite.

• So
      7th of Oct, 2008

contact the BBB and state attorney general

• Co
      7th of Oct, 2008

call the BBB and state attorney general

• Wi
      13th of Oct, 2008

Banjo Bolt, Banjo Nut Bolt, Benjo Bolt, Banjo, Bolt, Check Nut, Auto Bolts, Auto Parts, T Bolt, U Bolt, Auto Parts, Screw Bolt, Brass Bolt, Stainless Bolt, Eye bolts, Pin Bolt, brake banjo bolt, banjo fitting

1st of Feb, 2011

Don't even talk to them on the phone. I spoke to Matthew and clearly told him I didn't want to pay for advertising as I never had to before and handed the phone back to my husband whom Matthew duped into believing something was free then recorded his voice authorizing a 12 month contract that they are saying we are responsible for. Both my husband and I remember the conversation and we positively did not want to spend any money. So they recorded only what they needed to stick it to us and we have not even been sent any information about what we are paying for. They want to tell me now to go look here and see because your responsible for paying for it anyway.