Super 8forced out

Upon arrival at the hotel, the desk clerk (I apologize but I did not get his name, he was the only one working at 5:45 that evening) asked how I was paying. When I replied "Cash, " he said I would have to hold the room via credit card for the evening and pay cash upon check-out the following morning. I'd never encountered that before, but that was fine with me anyway. He took my information and said (exact words) "I just need to get an imprint of your card." I handed him my debit card, he filled some more papers out, handed me my keys and said "thank you."

To my room I went. Unpacked my bag and prepared to take a shower. Mid-way through my shower I heard someone enter my room. It was the desk clerk! And I was in the shower! He said "excuse me." and I said "excuse me I'm in the shower!" so he said (still in my room), "your credit card was denied." and I said "ok, I'll take care of it when I get out of the shower."

Once out of the shower (and after attaching the safety lock on my door to prevent future invasion), I contacted my boyfriend, who was on his way to the hotel, and asked him to give the clerk his credit info when he got to the hotel. Before I could even finish dressing, another knock - and another intrusion - by this large man the desk clerk.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Fairmont, WVHe couldn't get through since I'd put the security lock up. But he was Yelling this time. "YOU NEED TO COME TAKE CARE OF THIS." I said, "sir my boyfriend is on his way, he'll be here in minutes." NO YOU NEED TO COME NOW. "Five minutes sir."

He left. I called my boyfriend who promised me he was on his way. I finished dressing, picked up my phone and room key and went downstairs (leaving my purse/wallet/money/car keys/etc. In the room). I waited for my boyfriend for a few moments by the back door. I then heard a lot of voices coming from the lobby, so I thought it safe to go that direction (the desk clerk was honestly scaring me at this point). He was behind the desk when I got there, and I told him my boyfriend was on his way and I was waiting for him there rather than in the room.

"You're too late" was his response. He requested that I leave the hotel. "whatever, I'll go get my things and leave the room, " I said. When I got to my room, there were POLICEMEN in there. Five of them. Going through my things. Dumping my purse and all my belongings onto the bed.

Seriously? I weigh one hundred pounds. Was this large 300 pound plus man afraid of me? So I told the police officers what had happened and they chuckled. Laughed out loud actually. They said "I'm sorry but he is asking you to leave."

"Gladly" was my response.

Ni

Comments

Sep 12, 2008
    Super 8 - horrible service
    Super 8
    Peru
    Illinois

On September 9th, I booked a three night stay through www.super8.com for my husband and our daughter. The total amount was for around $165. When we arrived that night, and went to check in, the girl kept trying to charge us almost $200. I asked her why the price was different, and she said she didn't know. I called the reservation hotline and the first three people I spoke with were rude and not helpful at all. The fourth person I spoke with, called the girl at the hotel and the girl told her, "It'll work itself out when they check out on Friday morning". I did not trust this at all. I felt like I was being scammed. I demanded our reservations to be cancelled without charging us a penny and we went next door to the Baymont Inn. We spent about $50 more, but it was well worth it.

• Su
      Nov 04, 2009

My Husband and I walked into the Super 8 motel in Boone IA
    We had a super rough day and were ready to get a room so we could get some sleep. We walked into the front office and up to the desk and I stated we would like two nights please Also we have our Service Dogs with us. Only to be told, " No You not get room". My Husband and I are disabled and we weren't dressed to the nines, he treated us as if we were homeless. He totally discriminated against us for no apparent reason. My recent rib fracture plus the reason i am on disability is because I am a Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Patient and deal with alot of nerve pain and any stressful situations causes my nerves to cause stroke like symptoms and because we had already had a stressful day we just wanted a 2 day break from the world so that my husband and I could deal with what was fixing to happen. Well we left and I had not only a stroke but i had 3 seizures back to back in our vehical which landed me in the hospital with even more injuries. If he had just given us a room I could have been on the bed where i would not have harmed myself. Because of his discrimination of us, i not only have a the recent rib fracture but now i have 7 more broken bones spread down my left leg and ankle and 2 bones in my foot plus countless hairline fractures. But to make things even worse... I am not like most people that break a bone... they usually get a cast and that's that. Because of my R.S.D. I can Not be immobilized because my body swells two to three times larger then normal at any given time and if they were to cast any part of my body.. it would Cut off circulation in that body part and be detrimental to my existance. So because I can't be casted i have to deal with excruciating pain and can't do much of anything, I also am allergic to pratically all medications and especially pain meds. If I don't get any satisfaction i will be forced to contact the Americans with Disabilities Act, Title 3 of 1993 as amended in 1999. I may even do a civil suit in court for damages and pain and suffering plus discrimination. If anyone as any ideas or know of anyone that might help please email me: [protected]@yahoo.com

• Me
      Nov 11, 2010
    Super 8 - lost reservations still attempted charge
    super 8
    Metairie
    Louisiana

A friend was getting married in New Orleans on Halloween weekend, and we were driving in from out of state. I made a reservation at the Motel 8 in Metarie, for that Friday almost a month prior to our trip. Upon arriving at the hotel, much to the surprise and dismay of me and my and others that were with me, they could not find our reservation. I even verified the reservation a few days prior. No rooms rooms were available either when we got there either, which was no surprise there due to it being Halloween weekend.

I had the front desk clerk call other local hotels to see what other accommodations they could find for us, as we needed the room for more than the one night they were offering. Because of it being late in the evening, I knew that there no time to waste in finding another place to stay. After several failed attempts, we found one.

Fortunately, it was not too far, but the cost of the hotel was double than what we had budgeted for, after all, the price and reservation was set well in advance. The only place around that had room was a 4 star hotel, which cost 2x than what we had originally allotted in our budget.

The next morning, I called the manager at Super 8, he told me that he was still unable to find the reservation and could offer no explanation. Figuring that the emergency was averted I gave it little thought, and was not going to let it ruin the weekend.

Before leaving the room, I checked my credit card balance, and much to my surprise and dismay, my credit card was hit from Super 8 in the amount of 1 night stay.

I called the manager back immediately and confronted him with the dilemma. The reservation was lost, yet my card was hit. How could this be? Basically i was charged for a hotel reservation that was supposedly lost. I was told that he would look into it and call me back, which he never did. I called a few times while in town, and again when we got home. However, now he mysteriously would not be in or available to take calls.

I am now trying to resolve the situation with my bank, however, the trip was much more costly than anticipated.

My hypothesis is that, they (who ever was at the desk at the time) sold the room that I had reserved for a higher price, and did this without so much as a confirmation call or other courtesy, and if so, was completely unprofessional. Its scary to think of the situation if we weren't able to cover the added expense. At the very least reimburse me for the 1 night that is fraudulent, if not for the additional cost of staying at a 4 star hotel.

Jun 13, 2011
    Super 8 - rude and lied
    Super 8
    Gadsden Alabama

I made a complaint to the national number of a minor issue. My room had been changed without calling me. The owner called me. Yelled at me then cancelled my reservation saying I cost him $68 and he did it because I called the national line. He then reported that I cussed him and yelled at him. That was not the case. I called and got the same answer over and over from corporate. I got all the way to the president’s office. They told me it was a privately owned franchise and they valued my opinion, which is a joke. They also told me he had a right to pick who he would allow to stay there. I will never stay at wyndham again. Their customer service is horrible and they blamed me instead of listening.