Sudden Link / stay far away from them

United States Review updated:

I was a suddenlink employee (media) and as an employee I had the entire Suddenlink cable internet and phone package with all the bells and whistles. When I resigned from Suddenlink, I chose a package from their website. The package was $122 a month for phone internet and cable. My boss sent an e-mail to the communications office and said "it's done." When I got home that afternoon, there was a call from the Suddenlink office at 3:15 in the afternoon. (I was still at work)I would get 2 more of these calls, (the last one answered by my 13 year old son)I would call back, no one knew anything, or else they were gone.

I received my first post employment bill and its $350! I call, they put me on hold for over thirty minutes, I hang up. Prior to being put on hold the operator knew why I was calling, but he never called me back. I called 8, yes 8 more times between Feb 15 and April 15. They still had all the bells and whistles (Hbo, Showtime, Cinemax, and expanded digital)and were charging me for them, even though I was calling and telling them they are not part on the $122 package I wanted. They would tell me "we don't have a $122 package." And I kept telling them they had it on their website! 8 times I called. Finally on April 15th I told them to disconnect it. (they kept charging me for the entire package) They disconnected, I took them the equipment. (and yes I got a receipt) Saturday May 15th I receive a call about my past due bill of 500 or 600 dollars. I tell the operator the story that I have just told you. The operator told me, that I kept getting the extra channels and all the extra stuff, because I didn't use the word "Downgrade". Now I called 8 times, and each time I said my bill was wrong and I still had the pay channels and I told them I wanted a $122 package. But Suddenlink couldn't handle that because I didn't say DOWNGRADE? The local office lady called me today and said I need to pay, because They did call me (at 3 in the afternoon when no one was home) and they did speak to my son, (13 years old) and so I went on a retention pakage which included EVERYTHING I had when I was employed by Suddenlink. ###S!

Comments

• Su
      21st of Jun, 2010

Hi - My name is Tina and I am with Suddenlink. I saw this same post over on the Measuredup forum on 5/27/10 and tried to contact you there as well. Are you still having an issue? If so, I'd be more than happy to help. Please contact me at tina-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thanks!

• Vr
      5th of Jan, 2011

i feel your pain .suddenlink did me the same way i paid all my bill in november which too care of october and november the bill was 274 dollars paid it off in december i gat a bill for 425 dollars .and all i had was basic cable .no converter box phone and internet they will rob you blind.their song should say suddenlink we are connect to your wallet and your pocket book my mothly plan was suppose to be 117 dollars a month tthey do not honor their plans they just charge what ever they feel like . what a rip off suddenlink rob me blind

5th of Jan, 2011

vremember, Hi - My name is Tina and I am with Suddenlink. Sorry to hear about the billing issue you recently experienced. I'd be happy to help resolve. Feel free to contact me directly at tina-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com for assistance.

• Sm
      1st of Apr, 2011

Suddenlink has screwed me over as well! We have had the service for years and were on the $99.00 bundle. We have internet, phone, and cable. My bill has jumped from $113.00 to 225.00...I do not understand this, when I call they repeatedly put me on hold for long periods of time just to be hung up on. They have started charging me for extra services I did not request as well. Unlimited phone was included in my package when we signed up, but have always been charged long distance charges.. I have spoke with them multiple times and they were going to credit the account for those charges. No credits were made and now I am being charged 24.95 a month for unlimited!(which was included when we signed up). I have been searching for another provider and we are fed up with the run around we have recieved from suddenlink! They have the worst customer service I have ever delt with.. I would not recommend there services to anyone. If alternatives are available in your area go with them to save your money and sanity.

4th of Apr, 2011

Hi - My name is Tina and I am with Suddenlink. I would be happy to help with your bundle pricing. Please contact me directly at [protected]@suddenlink.com. Thank you!