Stratford Career Institute / Poor service

I recently completed an online high school diploma course from Stratford Career Institute.I tried to enroll for school or this fall and the school said that the diploma was not accredited and could not be accepted. Stratford claims that it is a career diploma only and there web site states its a "HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA". I had sent them money over the past 5 or 6 months, and after I mailed out a $300.00 dollar money order I put a stop on it.Its false advertising and I want my money back and I dont want the diploma because it wont be good for anything.

Comments

• Sc
      23rd of Apr, 2009

I am currently taking the high school diploma program with Stratford and I like it a lot. I knew going in that Stratford was not accredited. They don’t claim to be. But I still think getting my high school diploma is necessary and will definitely help me…even if I don’t go to college. If you are upset, I would recommend calling student services to talk about a refund or something. Seriously. I have had to call them and they were really helpful.

23rd of Apr, 2009

I am also trying to get a refund for the high school because I too tried to enroll in college and they said that it is not accredited and it was a waste of time and money . However I have been on the phone with them all day today and found that there is really no one in charge it seems like, they take message after message and no supervisor or boss contacts you back . In my eyes they should not even be practicing education .

• Na
      10th of Jun, 2009

Good luck with a refund of ANY type! I too, took the HS diploma program (2002) and when I "tried" to apply at a medical institute, they turned me away because my diploma was not accredited. Had I known that I would not be able to use my diploma, I would have NEVER used their program, I would have done it the old fashion way and go back to school to get a GED or something.
    I also tried to use my "diploma" to get a job with Southwest Airlines and they would not accept it either so the peice of paper I paid $400 for, is useless!!!
    Thanks Stratford for absolutley nothing!

• As
      16th of Jan, 2012

Good Luck they will send you to Collections!! They are no good!!!

• As
      10th of Sep, 2018
    Stratford Career Institute - High school diploma

Yes i finished. my high school through this school, i finished last year 2016 and now I try go college and I can't. I would like my money back that I put into this school