[Resolved] Stateregistration.org / fake charges and it too difficult to stop them

Don’t deal with the website www.stateregistration.org. Their services are terrible scam and rip off. After you gave them your personal information and provide your card info, they start to charge you for nothing. I made such mistake and tried to cancel everything, but it was almost impossible. I only wanted to share my view and warn other people. Because it is so difficult to stop these charges.

• Resolution statement

StateRegistration.org customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complaint author have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where company image and it's services are concerned.

• barbara bruno's Response, Jul 11, 2018

Same as above.

Wi
Jul 25, 2015

Comments

• Co
      2nd of Sep, 2015

Do not use the website www.stateregistration.org! I was up on the official state website to renew my vehicle registration and somehow got diverted to this site. They did not give me a receipt showing charges, so I had no way of knowing they were inflating the cost of my registration until I saw the charge on my credit card. When I complained, they did send a receipt. The charges didn't match the county charges, these were inflated and then they added a large processing fee. Next time I'll buy a stamp.

• The user did not respond to the messages. The review should not be taken into consideration.

• Mi
      10th of Aug, 2016

I agree. Stateregistration.org is a scam, do yourself a favor and go to the official DMV website. On August 8, 2016 i made the mistake of placing an "order" with them to renew my registration. There was an additional charge of $15.00 that was explained on the website. However, they deducted the entire payment of $54.00 instantly and never performed any task. They took my money and did NOT renew my registration! They also did not email me a receipt like they specifically stated they would. I sent a message on their website demanding a refund and have not heard back - I assume my money has been stolen. I believe that the content of their website constitutes False Advertising at best but could be looking at more serious legal actions against them. Do Not Use This Site!

2nd of Nov, 2016

I thought I had gone to the BMV registration to renew my vehicle. I was fooled by their site. Later when I found out from my husband that I'm not eligible to renew online because I require e-check I realized this was a scam. I tried asking for them to refund the money and they said it was being processed and there was nothing that could be done. I had to call the bank and cancel the card. DO NOT USE THEM.

Also as another poster noticed they do not post a phone number to call. That is because they are in Queensland Australia. YOU HAVE NO RECOURSE other than to cancel your card/do chargebacks.

Here is some info if others want to do some digging. Their domain info is listed to this company:

Admin Name: Domain Admin
    Admin Organization: Privacy Protection Service INC d/b/a PrivacyProtect.org
    Admin Street: C/O ID#10760, PO Box 16
    Admin Street: Note - Visit PrivacyProtect.org
    Admin Street: to contact the domain owner/operator
    Admin City: Nobby Beach
    Admin State/Province: Queensland
    Admin Postal Code: QLD 4218
    Admin Country: AU
    Admin Phone: 45.36946676

• Ba
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Stateregistration.org - A registration renewal that I never received.
    Somerville
    Alabama
    alonzo0583@aol.com

This renewal transaction ID is DHW63TSR, and was paid for on 6/21/18. The plate no.
    is 5GH-331. Want to know where it went, because it never came to my address.
    My name is Barbara Bruno.

• Li
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Stateregistration.org - Auto License Renewal
    Silt
    Colorado

I went to the Colorado renewal site and this site somehow took over which cost me an extra $20 for my plates. My Garfield County clerks office is not aware of a third party site. It was only after talking to my bank that I was able to figure out what happened. I do not think these sites should be allowed to operate.

• Li
      10th of Sep, 2018
    Stateregistration.org - Department of Motor Registration two payments
    Spring
    Texas

Circumstance - Date: Your organization deducted from my account $83.00 9/25/2017 and $79.00 9/30/2017. My payment code #j0g8zbwy 9/25//2017 for one registration of vehicle 2015 Malibu Chevy : License plate: #GJN4663. I need your organization to provide receipts for these Transactions; Please.