State Bank Of India / sbi banking procedure issue

1 India Review updated:

I need some clarifications reg the state bank of india (sbi) banking procedure. I am working as a software engineer in bangalore. also I am holding my salary a/c in icici. and my native place is gobichettipalayam my parents are in my native. so I planned to open an savings a/c in sbi - gobichettipalayam branch (erode dist). during the month of january - 07.

when I approached the bank manager first time he did not replied properly also he replied as "I am having icici so he will he will not open new a/c for me in sbi". I had all the required documents including pan card & also reference (existing sbi a/c holder). then finally opened the account with the help of a small boy who is working in a tea-stall opp to the bank & his age is around 15-16 yrs who is supplying tea to the bank workers everyday

Then after opening the a/c I just wanted to activate the internet banking for the same a/c. and also I gave the request for the cheque book. but the manager refused to give both of them. when I asked about enabling the online account he said he wont enable that & also his reply was very blunt & rubbish.

so I just wanted to know is there any written rule like for opening a/c in sbi we should be relative or close friend of the manager? and also for enabling the online account is there any rule like we need to show many transactions?

Can anyone please clear my clarifications & correct me if anything I am wrong here.

Sa

Comments

20th of Aug, 2008

Respected sir,

I have an account in SBI in Westbengal.Now I am in abroad by my work.I want to operate the account by internate procedure from here.Is it possible?If yes please give the proper information.

Thanking you,