Stanley Steemer / employment fraud and workplace harassment

Cincinnati, OH, United States

Stanley Steemer promised me $13 an hour for the first thirty days of employment, and then they said that after the thirty days training period, I would be promoted and receive $15 an hour. On Day Two of employment they changed their story and said that after the training period, there is no hourly rate, it's merely based on commission. However it's very hard to make a living on commission as you don't get any percentage on redo cleaning, or the $99 cleaning specials, which is basically all of their clients. They also said it was 40 hours a week. Then their story changed to your day starts at 7:30 am, and ends around 8-9 pm, but there is no overtime available, or any other incentive. They lied to me on the job advertisment site, Indeed, and Mark Swope, the interviewer and manager, lied to my face about the job. I also turned down a full-time position as a meter technician with another company, because I accepted this one only a few hours before they got back to me. Stanley Steemer is about 45-55 minutes commute, each way, and I feel that I wasted time commuting, accepting this position, and that the treatment I received was deplorable. They mocked me for being a smaller framed male, they denied me a lunch break on the second day, the driver refused to drive me back and made me attend another job after I told him to return me to the headquarters, dispatch was incredibly rude, and Mr. Saxton, the manager of training, was very unprofessional when I called this morning and quit. He didn't listen to my concerns or questions, he went silent when I accused them of falsely advertisin the job and lying to my face, and he refused to pay me until payroll looks into this, which can take two weeks. He also asked me to return the uniform, or I wouldn't get my sixteen hour paycheck. Why should I waste another hour and a half of my life, waste gas, and go to an ungrateful and unethical company to get what is owed to me for a chemical stained tee-shirt and cheap khaki's?! Do not apply for a job here, they are scammers! I wouldn't even use them for cleaning my carpet, as most of the work they do is redo's!

Stanley Steemer