Sst / Columbus Bank & Trust / Fraud and scam!

Manteca, CA, United States Review updated:
4.55
Who is SST Columbus Bank and Trust. They are reporting VERY negatively on my credit report but when I contact them (which is very hard to talk with someone) they can never provide the information I am requesting.

When you do get to talk to someone they are very rude. When they bought my account from Providian (which I did not know happened) I had a balance of $380.00 and Providian was taking automatic payments from my checking account. When the automatic payments stopped I thought it was paid off. Until SST showed up on my credit report. Now SST is reporting that I have a charge off amount of $5, 326.00. HOW in the world did this go from $380.00 to $5, 326.00. I went through my payments to Providian and that is how I found that the balance after my last payment was $380.00.

This company needs to be put out of business and shut down for good. I think that the credit reporting agencies need to remove this company automatically from everyones credit report.
St

Comments

Li
  13th of Jul, 2007
This company is nothing but a lot of thiefs!
Ch
  29th of May, 2008
I have the same exact problem except I was never with Providian and I can't reach this company
Na
  25th of Nov, 2008
Received letter (11/24-2008) canceling credit card account for no reason.
Jo
  7th of May, 2009
I absolutely agree. I paid my Providian account IN FULL...did the drafts just as you mentioned. When I pulled my credit report...its shows $1169 as a write off!!! This was last dated 9/2005...but I am still disputing this charge on my account!!!