Sri Venkateshwar International School, Sector 18, Dwarka

Working of the school

3.3
Sri Venkateshwar International School, Sector 18, Dwarka
India
The school has given us worst possible experience. We are absolutely disappointed and frustrated with the poor level of academics as well as adhocism in managment of the school.

There are fundamental flaws in the curriculum of the school. The basic foundations of students are not being built- leave alone strengthened. The Child of VIS-18 doesn't stand anywhere in academics or extracurricular activities- not just with students from branded schools but even those from local schools.

The school changes its timings like a chameleon.

When children are forced to have lunch at 4:00 p.m, the school doesn't feel bad.

The school has shortest academic session- it closes its academic shutters by end of February. It gives more than a month break to the child before the next session begins. When April comes, the Summer vacation mood has already set in and the school just passes time.

The schedule in the Annual Syllabus booklet is never followed. Worse, its textbooks don't match the syllabus to be covered. A book is referred and is NEVER TOUCHED during the entire session. Sudddenly the school comes across new books and they are referred in the MIDDLE of the session. They don't know WHAT is to be done and HOW it is be done.

The school loves its building, its buses, but has no love and care for children.

The children can be sent TWO HOURS early without any notice to the parents. THe PTM can be scheduled by ways of SMS alert- a paid service- that is optional to the parents. The parents who have not subscibed to the SMS service get no information. So, the PTM is scheduled DURING HOLIDAYS AT A SHORT NOTICE only for subscriber parents.

Worst, there is nobody whom one can approach. There are clear instructions given to the front desk not to allow parents to meet prinipal (who changes every 4-5 months). It functions like a sarkari daftar where if you haven't met junior babus, you have no right to meet the senior one. And if one is lucky enough to get a chance to meet the junior one twice, you will be labelled as "destructive" parents and what you say is trash for them and they done't want to listen coz there are hundred other parents who are not complaining and your complaint goes unheard. There is no parent-teacher association.

Even on the PTM days, principal are so busy with their works that they REFUSE to meet the parents. THe MADAM is free only ONCE A WEEK to meet the parents and she may not come on that day. Appointments are farce.

If the school was to be described in one word, it would be "PAAGALKHANA".

The future of the school can most probably be one of the thousand schools which are running just because of huge population that Delhi has. IT can NEVER beceme a CHOSEN preferred destination school.
Complaint comments Comments (41)    Updated: Complaint country India Complaint category Schools
More Sri Venkateshwar International School, Sector 18, Dwarka Complaints & Reviews
Sri Venkateshwar Intl.school,dwarka ,sector18 - awful academics
Sri Venkateshwar International School - School

Comments

D  14th of Sep, 2011 by    +2 Votes
This is my child's second year at SVIS sector 18 Dwarka. There could have been no better experience than this!!
His teacher at the Pre School was an absolute delight- I interact with almost all parents at various occassions- PTM, birthday parties, casual talk over the phone- and geneuinely there are no complaints. The concerns what ever there are, are shared with the teachers and get resolved at the earliest. They take the best possible care of their students and the focus is definitely on all rund development- and tell me what's wrong - isn't that the need of the hour. I have not seen the teacher, headmistress or teachers change in the last 2 yrs- and we have 2 children going to the same school in different classes...
The fact is that it is only a bunch of dissatisfied parents who are probably big faiures themselves personally & professionally who are out there making complaints- I'm sure they would be having complants every where- at home, with spouse, with neighbours, with maids, with inlaws, at work... so if the attitude is to complan they will do nothing else but complain. Pls get up and get some good sense, work on yourself and your child - that will make life much better for everyone
N  20th of Aug, 2011 by    +1 Votes
this sckul is a nice 1 not . i agree that principals were changed frequently before but over 1 year a very nice and talented principal in svhool . her nam is Nita arora . her speeches are mindblowing . n the school is also great . actually some people have feeling of criticising .
N  20th of Aug, 2011 by    +1 Votes
i mean that skul is great
D  12th of Mar, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I do not think that the complaint above is correct.THE COMPLAINT IS TOTALLY OBJECTIONABLE. I am a student of SVIS-18 and I do not see anything that you would say it a paagalkhaana.IF I AM WRONG, TELL ME ANY ONE SCHOOL IN WHICH EDUCATION IS DONE THROUGH SMART BOARD.MID DAY MEAL IS PROVIDED TO SMALL CHILDREN.Tae-kwan-do is taught for free, swimming classes are free, extra curricular activities like aerobics can be only EXCLUSIVELY found in this school.PLEASE TELL ME THE DEFINITION OF A "GOOD SCHOOL", according to you...AS FAR AS ADDRESSING THE PARENTS IS CONCERNED..CIRCULARS ARE SENT 1WEEK EARLIER..the school has won soo many state level trophies.. WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED FOR A "GOOD SCHOOL" in your language..
N  30th of Mar, 2010 by    +1 Votes
i dont agree with the dissatisfied lot . the problem basically is with human nature . if the teachers are strict then the parents will take their childs side . the effort from the parents side should be of effective impact . Parents should cooperate with the Teachers . Always be aware that the child should not mis communicate. There are other schools as well who charge for the costumes rather every school does. My experience so far with the Teachers of SRI VIS Sector 18 is very good . The teachers really put in great effort.Without knowing the reason you cant condemn the COORDINATOR for not being there . Any one can anytime be in a situation like that . We as parents should also put in our efforts rather than criticizing the school only.
A  30th of Mar, 2010 by    +1 Votes
Yes I agree with the complaint.
This school is just a money making buiness for the management. Teachers never corrects the mistakes done by students in their copies. I have to check my son's copies and correct his mistakes. Most of the students from this school goes to a coaching centre in Dwarka and teachers also recommend that coaching centre. Anoher way to make money or else why would they allow this caoching centre to put a stall inside school during PTM's. Teachers and principal has a standard reply that since no other parenst are complaining its you or your student's fault. I am totally frustrated with this school and looking for other options for my son. Does any one knows any other good school in Dwarka?
A  10th of Apr, 2010 by    +1 Votes
Genuinely there are numerous problems surrounding the school. The teachers are inexperienced (may have been appointed with the condition of getting half the salary)., they don't pay attention to the child's individual requirements, copies are seldom checked, some days go without any homework following a day of heavy homework. The school diary which they affectionately call as almanac is empty and the pages are as new as it can be sold again.
You enter the school and the torture starts, one guard will torment you trying to test his own English speaking skills on you. One does not understand whether to respond to him in hindi or engish. You go further, the school receptionist is ruthlessly rude. I have committed one big mistake of my life by admitting my child here, don't play with your child's future by believing on the school's so called "pseudo-international" claims, go for some established ones, you'll be saved both from emotional as well as the financial ordeals.
A  15th of Jan, 2011 by    +1 Votes
i fully agree with the above people. the school is going to the dogs .please do not commit the mistake of putting your child and spoiling his career and future in this mad house where the principal is a dancer {that to very vulgur and cheap one} and the school is afactory making money
abc ...xyz
D  9th of Dec, 2011 by    +1 Votes
THIS SCHOOL IS NOT AS BAD AS THE OTHER THINK IT IS BETTER THAN OTHER SCHOOLS SRI VENKATESHWAR INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL IS BETTER
N  8th of Sep, 2011 by    +1 Votes
dear all,
pls dnt write rubbish about the school. The school is doing a fantastic job. The principal is very co operative.I m fully satisfied with the school, my son is studying in pre primary. and i m satisfied because i know the future of my son is in good hands.
N  26th of Nov, 2011 by    +1 Votes
I feel that Sri VIS Sec 18 Dwarka is an excellent School. The teachers are cooperative. Administration is handled efficeintly. School has maids sitting outside each class in 'Pink Uniform'. Students can get meal, if opted. Uniform is designed excellently. Parents are informed by SMS, School wesite about daily homeworks, PTMs & all other informations. In PTMs, parents are entertained gracefully. They are informed about each positive and negative points about the child. Transport systems are tracked technically. It has fully AC building & Busses. Academics is as per schedule, School maintains Discipline. Extra Curricular activites are there like Taekwondo, Skating, dancing etc. School arranges for excursions regularly. The only thing that i personally feel negative is that accounts, administration staff consists of youngsters only.
Thanks
A  14th of Feb, 2012 by    +1 Votes
Hi...I stay in nearby apartment (Veer Awas) of SVIS. I always thought that I will get my kid in this school as this was next door. I submitted all my relevent documents with the application form. One of my relative who stays in Najafgarh and applied for the school for his kid, told me that he has paid 1.5L for the admission (before first list) and asked me to do the same if I am interested. I told him that I will wait for first list to come as I was sort of assured of getting admission on the basis of points...My relative told me that school will give admission totally on the basis of donations and this whole point system is just to fool people.
When first list came on 1st feb, My kid's name was not there. No problem, I thought others might have scored more points than my kid. BUT I was surpried to see my relative's kid name in the list with 60 points...As my relative stays in Najafgarh and he has no other sibling studying in school. It means school has manipulated the points after getting 1.5L...I was surprised and shocked...Money was not a problem, I would have also paid that amount but then my or anyone's seat should be under management quota but this school has given all general seats for money, I would rather say have sold the seats.
Actually this is not at all a good thing for a school, they have failed morally at the first step, so what will they going to teach to the students...I didn't like the way school are fooling people...
I got admission for my kid in the another nearby school.
A  13th of Mar, 2013 by    +1 Votes
Yes, This is true...Much hyped but less substance...
A  24th of Mar, 2014 by    +1 Votes
I had got my kid admission to Nursery this March for the 2014-2015 session. As per the new High Court rulling they were not supposed to ask for any donations, but they found a very novel way and asked for a check of 75k in favor of Ashoka Educational institute. They also take an undertaking that the donations is made willing fully. They will also be providing for a receipt to claim for tax-exemption. Now that is what I call Proactive thinking.
N  5th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
I read this message just now and thankful to god that my son did not get admission in this school. Today i got a call that we can take admission whereas earlier we were told that he is not selected absolutely unorganised school just a money minting organisation. My son has already got admission in some good school.
N  7th of Feb, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Karan Verma Which school do you prefer. My son is 2+ and next year we will also be looking for some good schools
N  20th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
I was a student of VIS sec 10 dwarka and the school is a disaster. I can give you a first hand experience of what happened to my classmates after passing out from this so called school. Only 3 of my classmates got through a college in delhi university. others scored below 75 percent in the class 12th board examinations. The average marks in english was as low as 60 percent. They claim 100% first divisions [ above 60% is first division]. Teachers do not know how to handle their senior classes. A boy from my batch got slapped by the head mistress in front of the entire school for some stupid ASSUMPTION that she made about him stealing class 7th examination papers. Why will a 12th grader do that?It was proven in the end that he was innocent. All the good teachers have left the school and the remaining ones just suck up on the principal and ask the students also to do so. All the parents must know that it is not worth wasting time, money and your child's future for this school. IT IS A TOTAL WASTE.
N  22nd of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
YA i m agree.Sri VIS is really like a PAGALKHANA.YEsterday was the PTM but no one was there to approach.MADAM coordinator was on leave on the day of result .and MR.CHAIRMAN was not there.actually they r not running the school .It is a BANIYA SHOP.wenever u wana meet principal there is always new face.
For this session books are too costly.my younger child is in class II and book set is around 3000.wats in that worksheet books so many mistakes in that book that is for 175 .its cost should not be more then 25RS.
i bought taekwando Dress for my elder son & he has not used it once.becoz last year they were not having this activity.its not a school for manegment its just a business to them.

DON'T PUT UR CHILD IN SRI VIS BETTER PUT IN GOVT. SCHOOL & SAVE THE MONEY FOR your child"s HEIGHER STUDIES.
D  2nd of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes
yes why not?there r so many schools in dwarka.why r u wasting ur time and money in this school.actually some parents only know how to criticise.so there is no use wherever u put ur child u face the same problem.no institution is perfect.there is allways one or some other problem.my children also in the same school but i dont think any teacher recommend any coaching centre but may be some parents force them only then they recommend.i dont need any coaching classes .becoz teachers pay full attention .ya there is one problem regarding there principle.and if they appoint some new principle then they must inform parents and some interaction should be there.so that at least we can know what actually principle ideology is?
A  8th of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes
Dear Parents -

Sri Venkateshwar International School, Sector 18, Dwarka is a profit center for Director Mr. Rajpal.

I think few above who have written in favor of the school, the emotions in their responses make me believe that either these are some near and dear ones of Mr. Rajpal or himself or any one who works for him is forced to write.

Some of the great highlights of the school which make this school stand out way ahead from others.

#1. Check this out---> http://www.svis.org.in/home.asp and Believe yourself . The standard of site speaks volume about the international standard of the school. Most or all the information is pretty old and carries no value in today's context. Most of the time this site is down so you will have to be lucky to see the face of this site.

#2. I can understand the problem of Principals not being accessible to parents. How can they provide you(parents ) appointments when they are not sure of their stay at school. 3-4 Principals changed last year I expect a better bigger score this season-2.

#3. Principals/Coordinators are master hide and seek players, and its always your(parents) turn to spot them out on PTMs. Parents always loose.

#4. Some of the books that school force parents to buy are never taught(thanks for providing this info in earlier thread- this firms up my belief).

$5. I am amazed by the excellent communication of the school for fees. You receive invoice for fees through courier if the months happen to be vacation days. No other matter/information attracts such a gravity and dies out way before reaching you. One can draw a clearly draw inferences from such intentions.

#6. This is very interesting - some times the copies don't get checked for complete year and teachers wake up at the end of session. This is called international way of working in real sense.

There are innumerable points which can be added to the glory of this school, i have attempted to highlight top few.

Can anyone suggest -if there is any effective government agency which really can help parents straighten these folks who run these(schools) money minting shops with their international ways/styles of earning.
N  8th of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes
Dear PS21, are you there to spoil the image of Sri VIS working for someother school?
Are you annoyed with just Sri VIS school or the entire education system of India? It looks like you have very elaborate survey of the schooling in Delhi or in India. If the compliant is just with SriVIS, just list down any two three school where you think you won't have complaints. That will be so nice of you and beneficial for all other student folks. If it is against the Indian education system, then something more need to be done than just cribbing about the petty matters.

Point 1 to 3 are universal problem if you happen to go any school, there is such a shortage of good Principals. Remember last year Principal abolished the requirement to submit models during summer vacations. People just buy those to submit it to school, instead school asked to submit information gathered through research.

Point 4 - Yes some books are meant to be read at home only.

Point 5 - Sending fee invoices by courier in advance is definitiely one good thing school does.
Point 6 - There are PTM for that purpose, go and talk about it.

Hope this helps you.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree

Sri Venkateshwar International School Logo Sri Venkateshwar International School
Customer Care Service