Regency Beauty Institute Logo

Regency Beauty Institute

Having problems with Regency Beauty Institute?

Regency Beauty Institute reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 15, 2009. The latest review Schemed into attending a joke was posted on Aug 2, 2016. The latest complaint Cosmetology School was resolved on Mar 04, 2015. Regency Beauty Institute has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 37 reviews. Regency Beauty Institute has resolved 21 complaints.

Regency Beauty Institute Customer Service Contacts

1600 Utica Avenue South
9th Floor

Saint Louis Park, Minnesota

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Regency Beauty Institute Customer Service. Initial Regency Beauty Institute complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Regency Beauty Institute above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Regency Beauty Institute. Discuss the issues you have had with Regency Beauty Institute and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Regency Beauty Institute Complaints & Reviews

Regency Beauty InstituteSchemed into attending a joke

I initially began school being able to qualify for financial aid making my whole program when I started a whopping 9 grand (sarcasm) Well halfway through my program I decided to get married and Regency decided it would be awesome to take it all away and brought the grand total of my schooling to 24 grand. I totally get it, state laws blah blah blah. I ended up getting slapped with a 300 dollar a month payment. I was in school I couldnt afford that nonsense but my husband and I made it work. The massive amount of drama at the Colorado campus I went to was astronomical! I had over 12 teachers while I was there TWELVE. They fired teachers left and right, some of them seriously deserved it, others, not at all. Shoot there were teachers who would go smoke pot and drink with their students. The campus manager was a ### who didn't know how to control anything in her campus. I kid you not, there were student having sex in the facial room. Students would sneak off and sleep in one of the classrooms. It was like a zoo. I was attending for half of my program when they decided that they were switching the curriculum to those stupid Ipads. Only problem with that? We had to start the whole stupid program over again!!! I was all the was through rehearsal and taking clients on the floor when they decided we had to start over on WET STYLING AND BASIC one length haircuts., But God forbid we complain. Those stupid Ipads. The teachers after that had literally no purpose what-so-ever. Sat on their butts at the front of the classrooms and played on their phones. This school is a joke. I graduated in June and I still have yet to take my boards because I completely detest doing hair now because of that school. Cosmetology school my ###. They barely teach skin and nails. Teachers will pass you through on the Ipads with no care as to whether or not you did the actual work... Regency Beauty Institute can go suck an egg.

Regency Beauty Institute — Rip Off

This school is a big rip off my daughter is going here right now and should graduate today. . . However on...

Regency Beauty InstituteThe school is a scam

I've been attending Regency for the past 5 months now, when I first began they had an one month trial. Daisy one of the student representatives called me practically every day, if I was late she called left voicemails, emails and even would call the school. At first I felt they we're just making sure I was good but once the free trial was over and I actually started paying she never called again. At that moment I knew something wasn't right. When things started to buckle down on the campus my campus manger could Andre any questions I had about regency her reply always was, "Call headquarters". That bothered me being that when I took the tour for the school she was the one to reel me in to start attending so now she can't answer anything about the school is just fishy. After while I started placing my concerns along with my colleagues about the school and the home office (headquarters)and how it's a scam, I must have said something true because they began saying I was being disruptive and that they would terminate me for saying that it was a scam.
    Eventually I just stopped say it was a scam because they started making it harder for me to go to the school which I already started paying for my classes, everything went back to being the basic regency until now .. I just recently moved so I was looking into transferring campuses, in the process of me trying to transfer a young lady named Lee immediately said that they wasn't taking transfers for a couple weeks which was crazy because transfers are not to different from enrollment, in fact I thought it would be simpler being that I'm already an student. When I asked to speak to someone over her she said I could only put in an request for someone to call me back in 24-48hrs. When I finally spoke to someone about my transfer we set the date for July 6, 2015. Which is today once I got to the new campus they told me I wasn't enrolled to call head office, when I called head office they gave me the full run around basically saying because I owed 10hrs I can't start until the end of the month which is basically making up 1 day for the whole month. So it's like I'm on remediation with out actually being told so. The representatives started being rude and disrespectful no one will help me I can't even get in contact with an supervisor being that they told me I could transfer with out an problem and now I can't start school until an month later which puts me behind an month . I spoke to over 6 reps today and no one has helped resolved an issue they put me in, in stead my end results was me getting hung up on and told I was getting wrote up for my language after calling and calling them for 2 hours straight. This isn't a good school and they don't have no real professional skills or products or hair utensils.

Regency Beauty Institute — Financial Aid

I am a student that attended Regency Beauty Institute from 5/30/14 until 3/31/15 when I was terminated le...

Regency Beauty InstituteCosmetology School

No matter what you hear, do not- I repeat, DO NOT attend this school. Here's the deal, before Studio Luma Regency was actually a disciplined and respectable school, now that Luma has taken over the curriculum and the institute it is complete trash. It's all marketing campaign, the teachers don't even know what's going on half the time they're literally babysitters. It's not their fault, the company is completely detached from the schools themselves, if you have financial, campus, enrollment, etc. questions too bad, call the department and sort it out over the phone. They don't care about you, your education, nothing. You're paying almost 20k to stare at a few video clips and graduate not knowing ****. Just do yourself a favor and go somewhere else, I wish I did.

RESOLVED

...

Regency Beauty Instituteworst school ever

Regency beauty was the worst discission of my life!!! I transferred from Tennessee and wish i would not have teachers are OK but the campus manager and the head quarters are a joke they are not helpful rude and do not care if you have any problems they just don't care I would like my money back that's how bad I hate it I have four days left and they terminated me they don't care the hard times or the struggle as long as they get their money that's all that matters to them. But I know now not to recommend this school to anyone ever I just want to be done so I never have to see this place again !!! the process is hardly ever put in unless you remind them a million times.. And then sometimes they still don't or they say o I don't remember seeing that.. Yes they do but if your not a favorite than you can forget it..I would just never tell anyone to go here ever waste of your time and money

Regency Beauty Institute — Complete waste of money

The regency program at the Darien /Downers Grove campus is nothing but a waste of money. Of course with any...

Regency Beauty Institute — Racial Discrimination, horrible staff, bad experience, and WASTE OF MONEY

This school is the most misleading school I have ever had the horrible experience of deal with. They say oh...

Regency Beauty InstituteUnprofessional

I recently attended this "institution". My time there as a student only lasted a few months. Okay, let's start from the beginning. During the tour everything is all cupcakes and sunshine, and they talk "up" everything in there school. "We're nothing but professional" "incorrect behavior isn't tolerated" "we only accept students that are the best" yatta yatta. It seemed like a great school so I enrolled. My first day was alright, except that there was a fist fight outside between two students. (Seriously, I'm not lying or exaggerating. A fist fight.) this turned me off to the school immediately but I figured maybe it was just a fluke incident so I gave it a chance. I was wrong. You see, this school is located in Columbus, and they obviously accept any girl or guy off the streets. A lot of inner city girls with HUGE attitudes. Not that there is anything wrong with coming from a rough life, it's just these girls couldn't leave it at the door once they got to school. Drama every day, on more than one occasion the girls cussed out teachers and administrators even! What really drew the line for me is when two students were very loudly argueing outside my classroom. My teacher just sat there as if she didn't here it. Finally I asked her to do something about it. My own words were "there are clients out there can't you just tell them to take it outside?" She said "it's best we just let it die out". Seriously? The teachers were scared of the students. That's how bad it was. I immediately unenrolled. If you want to go to a school filled with ghetto fabulous girls who fight and cause drama everyday, thus scaring off many potential clients, go to regency. If you want a professional education that will build up your clientele once you leave, go somewhere else. Period.

• Rs
              RS Brandy Feb 09, 2016

Sounds exactly like Dorsey Beauty Schools. Horrible.

• Re
              Regency Beauty Institute Dec 31, 2012

Dear Columbusgirl,
              We are sorry to hear you feel that way about your experience; we would like to hear more so that we can learn how to better support our students. It would be great if you contacted the Campus Manager [protected] option 6) and provided them with your concerns so that they could help; or you can email us at [email protected]

Regency Beauty Institute - Corporate
              [email protected]

Regency Beauty Institute — customer service

I went to the salon for a appointment, while sitting under the hair dryer, the entire inside of the dryer...

Regency Beauty Institutedont waste your money or time

I currently attend regency and have very good attendance & academics. There are soo many bad things to say about this school I don't know where to begin. Let me start with broken equipment for about 2 months now. They are a joke. When you do a campus tour they are sweet as pie but when you are working on a client and have a problem they are no where to be found. My rotation has 26 stations with 46 students. We have to work on our manikins at a manicure table because there is not enough stations for everyone. When you get your first clients and you are nervous and its busy, you are pretty much on your own unless another student is willing to help you. It's not worth $18, 000. Each instructor teaches differently. Honestly I feel that when I graduate I will not fully know what I'm doing. Please don't go to this school, you will regret it for sure.

Regency Beauty Institutehorrible school,do not attend

this june I was looking around at different beauty schools and found regency beauty institute. I read alot of negative things on different posts and message boards but decided to not listen to them and form my own opinion. I really should have listened to them though. I started this august. Already I want to leave this school for good, and it's only october. The whole school is like a highschool drama clique. Granted the school is over 90 percents females, but people can be mature. Everybody forms into their little cliques and you can walk past and hear them talking trash about other students, and just today heard them talking trash about the educators. There is ALWAYS and I mean always stuff getting stolen. Someone broke into another students locker, stole 20 dollars out of her bag and left her wallet right on top. Another day somebody stole someone elses entire student kit!!! The educators are aways talking about how people are always calling corporate on them, and they rightly should. Do not go to a school because the appearance of it, just because it looks really nice, that means nothing! Do not go to the peoria illinois campus.

Regency Beauty Institute — Hassle and big mistake

I have been at this school for over a year now and just recently switched to day time ive had alot of trouble...

Regency Beauty InstituteBAd Teachers Bad Campus Mgr

DO NOT ENROLL IN EITHER REGENCY BEAUTY SCHOOLS IN TUCSON ! SANDRA HARTMAN CAMPUS MANAGER AN IMPOSTER IN THE INDUSTRY. EDUCATORS NOT ON THE SAME PAGE. STUDENTS LOOSE OUT ! AT THE END OF THE DAY YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO CUT HAIR !! WHAT GOOD IS A SCHOOL IF THEY CANT EVEN TEACH YOU HOW TO CUT HAIR !! YOU WONT LEARN HOW TO FADE WITH CLIPPERS, YOU WONT LEARN HOW TO GO ABOUT A SIMPLE LAYERED HAIRCUT. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME !!

Regency Beauty Institute — Terrible School

I am a current student designer at this campus. I work hard, have a 99% grade average, and good attendance...

Regency Beauty InstituteCheats and Liars

I have never been so mis treated and mis understood on financial aid and or my grade and attendance. This school has tried to screw everyone over on the week of their graduation saying you owe this much more money. They also do not care about your physical cosmetology education what so ever so I would love to know what my $18, 000 went towards. They are busy following you around the school and playing cops and robbers with you.

My wallet was stolen from this school as well as keys. And nothing was ever done about it. I felt so betrayed looking at the person and still to this day am about who took my wallet and spent my money. And the school still doesn't care about it. My expensive shears were taken, my clips, my capes, etc. The school has no replacement.

I could go on and on about Regency. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone in a million years. A waste of money.

• Ho
                      Hotheaded mom Oct 03, 2011

I agree with you. My daughter came home and told me that people was stealing other students belongings. If you know it doesn't belong to you, leave it alone. My daughter have been at the school in Cincinnati (Springdale), OH, and have had nothing but a headache. Everything was ok for a month, but after that they started sending her home for stupid stuff. She did not get a handbook until a month later. Isn't that against the law? I thought so. But never the less, I've taken her out after 4 months because they said she made a 79% on her test, but they wouldn't show her the test. They only told the class whether they passed or not. What is that, everyone there knows how to read. So they terminated her for 7 days, then they changed it to 5 days. Again, they change the rules with it's convenient for them. (Isn't that against policy??????) I would not recommend this school to nobody. Had I know how they operate during her 5 day trial...we would have been the gingerbread man and ran as fast as we can. BEWARE, THIS SCHOOL IS NOT WORTH THE HEADACHE. THEY ARE SCAMMERS!!! DON'T LET THEM FOOL YOU. TOO MANY STUDENTS HAVE COMPLAINED ALREADY. AND MORE ARE COMPLAINING.

Hotheaded Mom
                      Cincinnati, OH

• Na
                      Naturebeckles Jun 03, 2011

Excuse me? Somebody gets their stuff stolen and school and that's always THAT person's responsibility? The school claims to have cameras around. If anything gets stolen from THEIR dispense, THEY are all over it. But if a student has their stuff stolen right out of their station, the school does nothing... doesn't even offer to replace it. But at the same time, if you don't have all your equipment when you come to school you could get sent home. I don't know what backwards world you live in, mruhl but if the school only has 2 teachers for the entire floor to watch people and there's no way to lock your station drawers, and the school does not do everything in their power to ensure the safety of the students and their equipment, then it's NEGLECT. This is too widespread of a problem across the country with Regency to sit there and blame students for their own misfortune at school. I've been to three different post high school education places in my life (2 colleges and regency) and I've never had as bad of an experience of going to school as I have at Regency.

• Mr
                      mruhl Apr 30, 2011

I attend Regency Beauty Institute (South Bend campus) and I absolutely love it. Things have gotten stolen from people, but that's YOUR responsibility, not theirs. Things get stolen from EVERY college in the nation, and it's not their fault. You are required to keep your items locked up and whatnot. We are not allowed to have purses or personal belongings out on the floor or in the classroom, they MUST be locked up in your locker. They also advise you to write your name on EVERYTHING and put locks on your bag.

Regency Beauty InstitutePlease read this warning

First let me say that they have not terminated me, I am not even on probation. I am considering withdrawing at this time to attend a different school. This school is set up to make you fail, I have seen many good students be termed over being absent; while constant behavior problem students are allowed to stay. They don't care about that, all they care about is if your attendance is 80% or better. Most recently a student that I know was terminated with an academic score of 97% and a 79.9% attendance. Another overcame being terminated only to get the boot again a week after being back because she forgot to clock in and there is no way to 'fix' the computer system if this happens to you. Speaking of that computer clock in system, it never comes out right, it takes time from you if you don't do it exactly right. No one will help you set it right either, we are told that they cannot alter that at all, yet I have seen them do it for other students...

The school does have good educators for the most part, I have genuinely enjoyed most of them and I have learned a lot. I am at a point where the education is not worth the daily B.S. They have gotten better kits and better books since I have been going there, but we don't get those, we don't even have the option to purchase them at a discount.

Take your 20, 000 and go somewhere else, a smaller more people orientated school. It isn't the big name of a school that makes you good it is you. The name means nothing.

• La
                        LaughingAtYou Aug 16, 2011

Grow up and take some responsibility!

You are supposed to be an adult, obviously you are not !

Regency is a great school for those that are mature enough to make the right decisions.

Regency Beauty Institute — Breaking the state law

I was fine with this school until recently. I am at the Greenwood, IN campus, and there has nothing but lie...

Regency Beauty Instituteliars, and scam

i have attened this school since nov. 3 /2008 and i had to pay on top of my tuition 1300.00 for overages and then anouther 1500.00 for uncompleted progress they did not let me use any of my sick leave and i am a diabetic. they lost my paper work several times my progress was not kept track of in an accurate manner. so i tell you i could have spent the 30.000.00 dollars on a couple of new cars and would have been better off

Regency Beauty InstituteNever ever

I attend Regency right now I started July 19, 2009 and I hate the school.They have the worst teachers ever..They are rude and very unprofessional.Im losing our on my hours right now because a Teacher (Tracy) and I got into a very heated debated.She talked to me very nasty and rude and she always does, and all the campus manager (Lisa) would do is tell me to lose my attitude and apologize to (Tracy) because I spoke my mind and wouldnt allow her to talk to me that way. I tried walking away from her but all she does is follow me and keep pushing the issue. To me you do not that when you can see a person is mad, you back off and come back when the person has calmed down a little.HeadQuarters and made a huge complaint on (Tracy)and they said was we had to be investigated to find out what was going on and that I could be suspended for 3 days or Termainated.Regency doesnt care about us students all they care about is the money and protecting their teachers. I cant wait to hopefully finish because I've paid my money and getting the heck out of there..I wouldnt never ever recommend Regency Beauty Institute Southgate Campus to anybody..

• Yo
                            yorkbabies Apr 21, 2011

All I can say is to make the best out of it since you hve invested in so much time and since you have invested in such a huge financial debt in the school. Always do your research first before attending a school because complaints do mean a lot. I can strongly agree that the school care more about the money than the students education and that is so horrible. Make sure you order the state laws book though the cosmetology commission and also make a complaint about the school through them as well as the BBB. The state law book, you will need, as far as passing ur state exam because Regency definitely wont teach u the things that the book have inside. Stay strong and follow their stupid rules while ur enrolled in that crap.