Sprint / illegal automatic additional agreement
I am hoping someone could help me. I will try to make my situation as short as possible and maybe you could help me or point me in the right direction. I was a sprint customer for over 6 years. My contract ended 9/06. I did not renew. I did call in Dec 06 regarding my bill and to discuss my phone not working well after a 2-year period.
I changed service May 07. I shortly received a bill from Sprint for early cancellation; $200 per phone (I have 3 phone lines). I attempted to contact Sprint several times and was either disconnected, told the system was down for maintenance, or just could not get through because I did not have an account number.
I called a local store and was transferred to a talking person at Sprint. This manager told me that when I talked with them in Dec 06 and inquired about my phone that that conversation was an agreement to contract for additional 2-years. And that they sent a mailer regarding a 10% savings and because I did not respond to the mailer, that it was silent agreement that I contract with them for additional 2-years.
I am wondering if there is a class action suit and would like information on joining. I did not sign an agreement nor did I give verbal agreement for additional 2-years. When I originally signed on with Sprint, it was for a 2-year period. I was never explained about this "automatic" additional 2-year agreement.
Advise smb what to do!
More Sprint Complaints & Reviews
- Sprint PCS - unauthorized charges out of bank account! 
- Sprint - additional fee 
- Sprint / Rpm Collection Agency / Long Distance - unauthorized long-distance service 
- Sprint - charging sales tax on early termination fee 
- Sprint Mccall Communications - not their probem because of policy 
- Sprint - paying my bill 
- Sprint - unlock device - motorola device
- Sprint - customer service
- Sprint - joe manager at store
- Sprint Account Number 689941915 - phone bill