Sports Authority / Unknowledgable staff/high prices

1 League City, TX, United States Review updated:

This is an annoyance (wasted time) more than anything. Beside the fact that they are higher on their prices than anyone in town, their sales staff is not even CLOSE to knowledgable! I started to play racquetball again after a long time away from the sport. I went into the local store here in League City to look at racquets and equipment. They DO have a dedicated racquetball section after all... I asked several people for help with racquets and court shoes. The fact that their selection is horrible is beside the point. I could not find ANYONE that could give me any information on racquets OR shoes! You would think that a specialty sporting goods store could help with at least shoes! I have also gone in to look at kayaks and fishing equipment. Still the same amount of help. Having an employee in a specialty store that knows nothing about anything that they sell is like a mechanic that has never turned a wrench. My advice is to avoid Sports Authority like the PLAGUE! If you want racquetball equipment, go to online stores like Lawler Sports that knows their stuff. If you want fishing or boating gear, go to Bass Pro Shops for their unltra-knowledgable staff or Academy for the prices! There is no KNOWLEDGE in this store of anything that has to do with SPORTS!

Comments

• Je
      7th of Dec, 2011

I agree, there are some stores I go into and the associates don't know anything. I think they need to train and treat their employees better. Don't get me wrong though. I have met a lot of knowledgable associates over the years.