[Resolved] Spokeo.com / this website is a complete rip off

United States Review updated:

I tried three different searches off both email and phone numbers and got little and no information. I then tried myone email /phone number and only got one piece of wrong information.

This website is a complete ripoff……spokeo.com…

A three month subscription was non refundable and of absolutely no use to anyone for fifteen dollars.

• Resolution statement

• Spokeo Customer Care's Response, Nov 29, 2012

Dear Gobbels,

I'm sorry to hear that our service did not meet your expectations. Spokeo showcases the power of information aggregation, as the data is gathered from a multitude of different sources, such as social networks, public records, phone listings, marketing surveys and more. We also organize the information so that it makes sense for you, as a user. However, machine aggregation has its limits. Since there is no human involved, the data is not verified and might not be accurate. Moreover, many sources do not refresh their data often. Our Terms of Use states clearly that we are a Search Engine, and do not create, maintain or modify any of the information you see. For this reason, we cannot guarantee full or accurate information for every name, phone number, email address or username you search for, as the results vary so much from person to person. We are only as good as our sources, and our engineers are working hard on new algorithms to improve our data accuracy. In attempt to help resolve any issues, I have sent you a private message. I do apologize again for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
    Spokeo

• Spokeo Customer Care's Response, Sep 24, 2014

Dear User,

I do apologize for the inconvenience caused with this issue and we will be more than happy to assist you. Please contact us directly at [protected]@spokeo.com so we may assist you in this matter.

Sincerely,
    Spokeo

Go

Comments

• Fo
      Nov 28, 2012

I have never paid for any information that I get from Spokeo. All I have ever wanted was the basic free information and for your information I even typed in my name and state and got the correct information. So far all I have looked for is the location of certain people. But for the free part I have no complaints and you won't get any information on anybody if it hasn't been made public to beging with.

• Co
      Aug 15, 2014

SPOKEO is a scam! I performed 2 searches on known names and email addresses and yet i did not recieve any results. I have contacted customer support THREE times!! I have not even so much as had one response. They state on this website that they have a "no refund policy" which is b.s. because on the FAQ page this is posted:

"Can I get a refund if I’m unsatisfied with Spokeo?
    We value the opportunity to resolve any form of dissatisfaction and encourage you to contact Customer Care to request a refund. "

Sooooo where's my refund???????????????